Need help on Restaurant POS computers

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

David in Cincinnati, Ohio

77 months ago

I plan to open a restaurant which is family style dine-in restaurant. It has about 45 tables, and a big kitchen. I think I'm going to need 3 PC stations. I'm expecting a lot of call-in take out orders as well, so I think in the kitchen, I will need 3 printers, with one just for the take out packaging. My budget is under $9,000. Anybody has any comments or recommendations on which software is good?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tanaka in Snellville, Georgia

77 months ago

I have same kind the restaurant like you going to have, it is a janpanese restaurant, 40 tables. recently, i bought 3 stations POS computer from Kiwi System. cost $8,100. fully touch screen. and i like the caller ID feature, once the phone rangs, it will show the caller's phone number and name, address on the screen, on the screen i can chose to place the take out order or delivery. and it will print out the caller's information on the paper. wounderful. their website: www.kiwisystem.com
hope this can help you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ted Mamayek in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin

77 months ago

David,
I work with a company called Resercom. What we do is provide online ordering systems for restaurants like yourself and I would love to talk with you more in detail about this. Please call me at 800-951-1424 and ask for Ted Mamayek. Otherwise email me at tmamayek@resercom.com

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bruno in Almonte, Ontario

77 months ago

Hi David,

From what I understand about POS sytstems, you are better of with a web based POS system provider an example of such is www.myhalo.com..

Cheers,

Bruno

wwwursa in Webster, New York

54 months ago

David in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I plan to open a restaurant which is family style dine-in restaurant. It has about 45 tables, and a big kitchen. I think I'm going to need 3 PC stations. I'm expecting a lot of call-in take out orders as well, so I think in the kitchen, I will need 3 printers, with one just for the take out packaging. My budget is under $9,000. Anybody has any comments or recommendations on which software is good?

RestaurantPOS4U.com sells 3 terminal systems for about $3,700.00. The system handles table service, take out, pizza delivery and counter service. Free tech support and they even install your menu.

54 months ago

RestaurantPOS4U.com sells 3 terminal systems for about $3,700.00. The system handles table service, take out, pizza delivery and counter service. Free tech support and they even install your menu.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

guest in Jakarta, Indonesia

53 months ago

http://4goodseats.com

53 months ago

I am not sure what the guest in jakarta was saying but it is true that restaurantPOS4U.com sells a 3 terminal system for about $3,700.00. That is about 1/2 of what you would you would pay for brand names systems such as Micros, etc.

It meets a niche in the market for those who don't want to or can't pay for a brand name system.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dwayne in Ogden, Utah

36 months ago

You can also try out POS Systems from Business Software Solutions. www.businessoftware.com

Bill in Webster, New York

36 months ago

POSCheap.com also has low cost POS systems.

stevetamer in Santa Marta, Colombia

24 months ago

The online ordering site is particularly reliable and your clients really understand the convenience of placing their meal orders in advance. Fight against the large chains that are all providing clients with an facility to order online. <a href='eatonline.com.au'>eatonline </a>
provides your restaurant with a fully incorporated solution to apply, manage and run a powerful sales channel – webbased ordering.

stevetamer in Santa Marta, Colombia

24 months ago

The online ordering site is particularly reliable and your clients really understand the convenience of placing their meal orders in advance. Fight against the large chains that are all providing clients with an facility to order online. <a href='eatonline.com.au'>eatonline </a>
provides your restaurant with a fully incorporated solution to apply, manage and run a powerful sales channel – webbased ordering.

J.R. in Cape Coral, Florida

21 months ago

It's EASY!

www.PosJunkies.com

POS Systems.
PLUS Online Ordering and smart phone App's too...

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.