Older employees at Nordstrom Rack

Comments (5)

Miguel Liza in Boca Raton, Florida

58 months ago

469i DID NOT THINK IT WOULD HAPPEN TO ME, BUT IT DID. i WENT TO APPLY FOR A SALESPERSON POSITION AT A NEW RACK OPENING IN fLORIDA. i WENT THERE PROFESSIONALLY DRESSED AND WELL GROOMED. i THOUGHT I LOOKED AS BEST AS I COULD FOR AN OLDER PERSON. I HAVE ALMOST 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN RETAIL DEPARTMENT STORE. I DO EXACTLY IN MY POSITION NOW THE DUTIES OF WHAT THE POSITION AT THE RACK REQUIRES. THE NEXT DAY AFTER MY FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW I WAS INFORMED THAT I DID NOT GET THE POSITION BECAUSE THEY CHOSE A MORE QUALIFIED CANDIDATE. I WAS SHOCKED. ANYWAY, I AM FOLLOWING UP WITH THIS. IT IS JUST NOT RIGHT. THEY DESERVE A CLASS ACTION SUIT. I MIGHT NEED HELP GETTING THAT GOING. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Denise, CST,FA

58 months ago

candlestick in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: Donn'teven consider applying for a sales position at a Nordstrom Rack
outlet store if you are over fourty. I was Terminated for a
store for other reasons but what it came down to was I was
not the in the typical age range for that store. This situation I saw happening to others as well. at times my vacations were cut.And was called into come for no reason.

I am so very sorry to hear that.Unfortunately, there are a lot of jerks out there and many "cliques" that most of us do not fit into.(Not that I would be in anyones clique though) We all deserve a fair change to work and be treated as equals especially when we are doing the job well and doing what is expected of you. That is so hard to prove also. Again, I am so very sorry about that. You will get another job. Meanwhile keep yourself occupied and keep your head up. I know you see that they were "Poison" to be around anyway!

Good Luck and Just keep your head up!

Denise, CST,FA

58 months ago

Miguel Liza in Boca Raton, Florida said: i DID NOT THINK IT WOULD HAPPEN TO ME, BUT IT DID. i WENT TO APPLY FOR A SALESPERSON POSITION AT A NEW RACK OPENING IN fLORIDA. i WENT THERE PROFESSIONALLY DRESSED AND WELL GROOMED. i THOUGHT I LOOKED AS BEST AS I COULD FOR AN OLDER PERSON. I HAVE ALMOST 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN RETAIL DEPARTMENT STORE. I DO EXACTLY IN MY POSITION NOW THE DUTIES OF WHAT THE POSITION AT THE RACK REQUIRES. THE NEXT DAY AFTER MY FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW I WAS INFORMED THAT I DID NOT GET THE POSITION BECAUSE THEY CHOSE A MORE QUALIFIED CANDIDATE. I WAS SHOCKED. ANYWAY, I AM FOLLOWING UP WITH THIS. IT IS JUST NOT RIGHT. THEY DESERVE A CLASS ACTION SUIT. I MIGHT NEED HELP GETTING THAT GOING. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

It is just so hard to prove any of that and you would die if you knew how people lie in a deposition or in a hearing. Don't let it eat you up. Life is too short! Let those young hotties steal them blind. That is what usually happens.I would put my heels on and sexy dress and walk right through that store like I owned it. Forget about them. I am 48. I was the oldest in my college classes and I am about the oldest where I work now too. I am a better person than most people I come in contact with so I could care less about their age or looks. I will just get myself a facelift in about 2 more years, 50th Birthday present to myself. That will be for me and nobody else.

Good Luck and Don't Sweat that Crapp!!!

reality ck in Palm Springs, California

57 months ago

Miguel:

If you came across like the poor quality of your post, I would never hire you at any age.

Good luck

Caroline Liza in Pt St Lucie, Florida

56 months ago

reality ck in Palm Springs, California said: Miguel:

If you came across like the poor quality of your post, I would never hire you at any age.

Good luck

rality ck in Palm Springs, California: don't be so judgemental and also you need to check your grammar

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.