Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What are typical retail manager salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

butch335 in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

I have been working in this market for almost 30 years. First of all ask yourself this. Have you ever seen any happy cheery people working at Walmart CVS Walgreens Target? That is because these jobs including management are for losers. Just think if you are a manager you have to deal with all that garbage from the employees upper management etc. Why in the world would you go to school for 4 years and get a degree to work in retail? You work nights weekends holidays...etc. I am telling you I have never met anyone who is happy in retail no one. All they do is put up with it read these forums. Who is happy? Is anyone ever smiling at Walmart, or CVS NO. Also it is one of the lowest paying jobs there is. You will never go anywhere working in retail. You will however be treated like a common slave. If you ask me anything that has to do with retail pass it by. You will save yourself allot of heartache and stress.
I am talking serious go into something else. People do not last in this profession.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Bearerofgoodnews in Londonderry, New Hampshire

46 months ago

Butch,

You don't know what you're talking about! I've been a Retail Store Manager for the last 8 years and I've made over $100k each of those years. The last 3 years I've earned $160k in a depressed market, and I'm not going anywhere. Truth is that you get paid what you're worth, and obviously you're not worth that much. Maybe you should be searching for a new career, but anyone worth their salt will do very well in Retail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jamesbaker200@gmail.com in United Kingdom

37 months ago

I used to be a retail manager, but I got fed up of being told what time I had to be at work, when I could take a holiday, and being told how much i could earn. I missed my family as I was always working weekends & during holidays. I now have a thriving online business & I choose where & when I work. I get to spend as much time with my family as I want. If I can do it then so can any manager in the retail sector. You just have to change your thinking. Check out my blog to see how I escaped
jimbaker.bi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jamesbaker200@gmail.com in United Kingdom

37 months ago

I used to be a retail manager, but I got fed up of being told what time I had to be at work, when I could take a holiday, and being told how much i could earn. I missed my family as I was always working weekends & during holidays. I now have a thriving online business & I choose where & when I work. I get to spend as much time with my family as I want. If I can do it then so can any manager in the retail sector. You just have to change your thinking. Check out my blog to see how I escaped
jimbaker.biz

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.