finding a full time job in the current economic arena

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Kathy I. in Gresham, Oregon

92 months ago

Having just been laid off from my full time job/w benefits (8 & 1/2 yrs) I now find myself in a query.Do I want two or three part time jobs? Or do I want to keep looking for that elusive full time job with benefits? In this economic nightmarish time of outsourcing, downsizing,lay off enhancing, hour cutting, where does one go, and what can one do to get a decent wage in this country? It is starting to look like big businesses are not the enemy any more. More often than not they have become a refuge for the working classes, who depend on their income checks one at a time. That is to say more and more of us are starting to have to live check to check just to stay above the water line.Credit cards are maxed out, savings wiped out, and God forbid you get sick, because those medical benefits are just a name, not a reality, because the reality is the gigantic deductibles!
So everything tallied up, I guess we'd better keep looking for that dream job, even though you know it is just that, a dream.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.