What are the best sap basis administrator qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What is the best training for becoming an sap basis administrator? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective sap basis administrator?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

Stephen in Chicago, Illinois

76 months ago

I would like to know this also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Gaithersburg, Maryland

67 months ago

Stephen in Chicago, Illinois said: I would like to know this also.

Check out this conference: SAP Administration and Infrastructure at www.sapadmin2009.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MAXE in Copenhagen, Denmark

63 months ago

Having an formal education works for most, If possible get an IT-education so you will know alot of basic (not SAP basis) Information Technology.

If you can get employment as an Trainee or student in a SAP basis/technology division in a company, this can be a very efficient way of getting Hands-on knowledge - getting access to documentation, systems and ofcourse an mentor/mentee solution with accompanying SAP courses.

A SAP Basis technology consultant does ALOT of different stuff..
Know about Databases, Windows and Unix OS, SAP system technology, TCP/IP Network to name a few. Its basically a trashcan for whenever the customer (enduser) has a problem - at the same time as a project position taking care of sizing, installations, upgrades, migration, system backups, error-handeling ....

I do not recommend taking SAP courses without prior SAP system hands-on experience. (if you want to get a certification)

BR\MaxE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.