SAP Project Management and Plant Maintenance

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Faro in London, United Kingdom

43 months ago

I graduated in mechanical engineering and have found it difficult getting a job and just recently concluded a masters degree in project management.

I have gone through the SAP modules and am comtemplating of doing a SAP course either in SAP Plant Maintenance or SAP Project Management.

I dont have an IT background, please can someone advise me of the two courses that will be more suitable concerning my first degree in mechanical and masters in project management.

Please your advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Leonard

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LValDean in Rowlett, Texas

42 months ago

Your best approach is going not going to be simply jumping into a course of SAP. The best course will be finding a firm that will sponsor you in SAP if that is possible. Though without practical experience it might be tough going, I mean practical engineering. The Project Management course is the same thing, simply having a degree does not make you a qualified project manager, you will have to have the experience combined with the education.

I know this all sounds a bit disheartening.

Are you still in the UK? Where? Depending on the where, perhaps you could look for work outside of your core degree field but within the practical / practice field. If you are serious about the possibility of wanting to pursue something in SAP, look for organizations that have implemented SAP. Meggitt is one such in Coventry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.