Im interested in becoming a safety man.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Crugar in Mission, Texas

36 months ago

Are there many females in the Safety profession? I have my degree in Technology Managment with subjects in Risk/Resource mgmt, Supply Chain mgmt, E-proc., Quality Assurance, Supervision. I have tried researching possible additional degrees I could obtain, but I have come to the conclusion that it all depends on experience and certifications. The only form of Safety experience I have is a DOT audit for a logistics company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

safetysupervisor in Hammond, Indiana

36 months ago

Crugar,

I think you are theoritically well qualified for a safety job, what you are required to do is having practical experience of this field. And as per certifications are concerned you can do "OSHA 30 Certified and/or OSHA 500/501", this certification is specially done for <a href="www.safetysupervisor.com/safety_supervisors/">safety manager</a> and other safety officials position.
All the best.. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

safetysupervisor in Hammond, Indiana

36 months ago

Crugar,

I think you are theoritically well qualified for a safety job, what you are required to do is having practical experience of this field. And as per certifications are concerned you can do "OSHA 30 Certified and/or OSHA 500/501", this certification is specially done for safety manager and other safety officials position.
All the best.. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Indian in Vashi, India

6 months ago

Is the Masters In Environment,health and safety from rochester institute of technology is a good option?

Or the masters in occupational health and safety engineering from njit???

Please reply ASAP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

saferayrpm@gmail.com in Roselle, New Jersey

3 months ago

I'm a Boilermaker in local 13 and have 17yrs . field exp.since 1998. I currently hold the Osha 510,500,30hr.,10hr.,construction safety certifications,as well as steel errection,scaffold errection/dismantling,hole watch,fire watch,confine space training,bottle safety training,rigging traing,Red Cross CPR trained Adult/Child

Certifications above and 17yrs. Field exsp.
I'm currently enrolled in Columbia Southern University for Occupational Health / Safety and Industrial Hygiene
I'm 54yrs.old can anyone help direct me to somebody in need of my safety exsp.
I am a work-a-holic and 60hrs.a week is a normal job for me,but I like 7 days and 12hrs.
when it's available.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Raymond Meloni local 13 Boilermakers Safety Professional

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Barry Price in Marietta, Georgia

2 months ago

I'm a 52 year old former certified welder and Iron Worker and have been out of work for 5 years due to torn rotator cuff surgeries. I am interested in becoming an OSHA inspector in the construction and welding field but don't know where to start.Can someone point me in the direction that I am seeking?

Thanking you in advance.
Respectfully,Barry Price

Barry Price in Marietta, Georgia

2 months ago

I'm a 52 year old former certified welder and Iron Worker and have been out of work for 5 years due to torn rotator cuff surgeries. I am interested in becoming an OSHA inspector in the construction and welding field but don't know where to start.Can someone point me in the direction that I am seeking?

Thanking you in advance.
Respectfully,Barry Price

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.