Tips for sales assistant interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming sales assistant interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

hardik in Astley, United Kingdom

91 months ago

hi i m hardik patel, i want some tips about sales assistant interview like in big surer market like asda , tesco
can u give me some tips for that ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (492) / No (93) Reply - Report abuse

loredana in Dublin, Ireland

88 months ago

hardik in Astley, United Kingdom said: hi i m hardik patel, i want some tips about sales assistant interview like in big surer market like asda , tesco

can you give me some example about sales assistent interview,thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (233) / No (38) Reply - Report abuse

Netra Limbu in Kathmandu, Nepal

84 months ago

Suppose if a customer ask you a discount of 25% above in any merchandise but the company rule is that you have to give only 25% not more than that. So, on that situation what would we can do. Can u reply me soon. I am eagerly waiting for ur reply. BYe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (116) / No (40) Reply - Report abuse

Theslave in Manchester, United Kingdom

83 months ago

Anna Gabriel in Arusha, Tanzania, United Republic of said: Am waiting for the sales Assistant interview.Can you give me the question which are common to be asked in the interview.What is the dress code and what should i suppose to do first when i enter an interview room.How am i suppose to stay.

Besides if after Interview I asked if i have a question what question should i ask.

Thanks in Advance.

Best wishes,
Anna.

You are likely to be asked how far you would go in order to make the sale. As an assistant you are also likely to be given all the crap jobs and spend your life at the beck and call of the salesman. As a sales assistant your dress code should be slightly slutty and it helps if your not a minger.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (52) Reply - Report abuse

MrTony in Leeds, United Kingdom

83 months ago

Yes I have found that a minger is well suited to call centre type sales jobs - especially if you have an accent as many mingers do. This also applies to gingers also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (63) Reply - Report abuse

KRich in San Jose, California

82 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming sales assistant interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

There are great resources for sales careers and interviews for sales jobs on SalesHQ.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

newcastle girl in United Kingdom

75 months ago

MrTony in Leeds, United Kingdom said: Yes I have found that a minger is well suited to call centre type sales jobs - especially if you have an accent as many mingers do. This also applies to gingers also.

u say about people with accents although your grammar is terrible and you make no sense, your comment is stupidly rude and immature.
you do need to grow up and im sure you are a 'minger' yourself as you have nothing better to do than stoop so low on a forum...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

claire_09 in Kelty, United Kingdom

67 months ago

i found it quite funny actually, i have an interview for sales assistants in an hour and im so nervous...that cheered me up! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Justine Clack in Chester, United Kingdom

64 months ago

Most of these comments are pointless! Thank you to those that are helpful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

bob in Birmingham, United Kingdom

55 months ago

hi i am your next best employee

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

ssas in Ilford, United Kingdom

52 months ago

i want some tips about sales assistant interview like in big surer market like asda , tesco

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

A in London, United Kingdom

51 months ago

I've had a few customer service jobs(woman's fashion and whsmith) and would consider myself to have a good experience/understanding/appretiation of good customer service.

I find the following questions pop up:

- What do you think makes good customer service? (This is easy. I won't give answers because I think its better to talk from experience.)
- Have you ever had a difficult customer, what happened? what was the situation and how did you deal with it. Make you you state the outcome and how the customer felt at the end.
- What can you add to the company, why should we take you on, what are your skills.
- Give an example of when you have worked in a team (start with context, what happened and how you dealt with it)
- Have you got any experience in sales assistance?

Some of the questions overlap, avoid giving the same example for more than one question.
It always helps if you can get on with the interviewer, but don't seem TOO loud or crazy, at this stage you need to be pleasant and show that you are relaxed and up for helping and mucking in, but are proper pleasant polite and enthusiastic.

They like that you listen and if they ask you a question which you cant think of answer to automatically, then instead of panicing- keep calm and give your self a moment to think. Then answer - use your initiative. If necessary, ask them to repeat the question, if anything to buy your time but if you genuinely need them to repeat, it may not do you favours having done it already.

Eye contact, sitting up against the backrest of the chair, in a corectly postured but not forced position. Good hand shake, smile.

Never be negative. If you are talking about a negative - focus on the positive way you dealt with the situation. (Continued below)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (68) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

A in London, United Kingdom

51 months ago

(See first part above)
When explaining a team situation, mention that you did things together but focus on your personal contribution.

Avoid using the same example for two very similar questions, if you have to then find something different about it. Repeating isn't favoured.

If you have a vaguey unique skill, such as being able to communicate with deaf people, use this as a unique selling point.

If they ask you silly questions, like what animal you would be out of tiger owl and lizzard, personally i would humour them and say something like - tiger because they are fisty, beautiful, fast and efficient in tiering animals up, I think they run in packs?? This says that you are sociable. Be imaginitive but try and hit at least one reason that lends itself to the job you are doing. It doesn't matter which animal you chose.. use your initative.

If you have any sensible questions then I enjoy advising on this sort of thing..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (61) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.