Relocation Packages

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Needs Assistance in Provo, Utah

72 months ago

I need advice on relocation packages. I'm a sales manager for a manufacturing facility in the west, we have offered a promotion to one of our internal sales reps to move to NY state and manage a territory. The new, offered position is a decent jump in status compared to the sales rep's current position. We are a small company [140 employees], I'm inclined to only give a thousand dollars here and there to assist with moving expenses. The employee has presented his case asking for the company to basically assume all costs associated with the move, including realty expenses, moving expenses, vehicle expenses, etc none of which I can afford. Is there a standard here? Am I out of line offering only a few thousand dollars? Any and all comments are certainly welcome.

Thanks -

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jonathan Mechanye in Utica, New York

72 months ago

Hey man im your awnser i live in Utica NY have been a Sales manager for 5yrs and have a total of 10 year in the furniture bussiness not shure what it is you need a rep but would be interest in talking with you.

Mrs. Seals in Richton Park, Illinois

69 months ago

I dont think that you are out of line for giving just a thousand dollars,because you cant give nomore then what your company offers. Think about it,everytime one of your employees need moving assistance,they are going to feel that they are entitled to more money,if you can not give more,then they will turn the issue into something big,and you dont need that. it seems like the employee wanted to go over his means,then he should cover whats left of moving,its not soely your job to cover more then what your suppose to,he should make up the difference.

rjbworks in New Port Richey, Florida

68 months ago

Needs Assistance in Provo, Utah said: I need advice on relocation packages. I'm a sales manager for a manufacturing facility in the west, we have offered a promotion to one of our internal sales reps to move to NY state and manage a territory. The new, offered position is a decent jump in status compared to the sales rep's current position. We are a small company [140 employees], I'm inclined to only give a thousand dollars here and there to assist with moving expenses. The employee has presented his case asking for the company to basically assume all costs associated with the move, including realty expenses, moving expenses, vehicle expenses, etc none of which I can afford. Is there a standard here? Am I out of line offering only a few thousand dollars? Any and all comments are certainly welcome.

Thanks -

Understanding the budget constraints you are working with, if you were this employee, what would you think was fair? Perhaps a compromise that would be satisfactory to both sides.. since you are strapped with present cash flow amounts.. you might consider tacking on a percentage increase or bonus amounts to be paid out after the employee has performed..

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.