What are typical sales operations manager salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

sandra in Mission Viejo, California

85 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

The Dude Abides in Fremont, California

84 months ago

I'm not in Fremont, but I am a sales operations manager in the bay area.

I would say the 60k figure reported by Sandra is somewhat territorial and maybe even low...my predecessor was weak and had a 75k base. They lacked vision, were reactive in their mgmt style, and didn't provide leadership to the team. Took me a year to clean up the mess.

Also, the amount can fluctuate based on the responsibilities. If the job is all admin work and not true sales planning and forecasting, then maybe 60k is your base. I wont say what I make, but if offered a 60k job, I'd turn it down.

Sandra D in Irvine, California

84 months ago

wouldn't you say its based (relatively) on company size, and industry? I'm in a service based industry.

I was a fresh MBA when I accepted the offer and am looking at a 15-20 k boost at review time.

The Dude Abides in Fremont, California

84 months ago

I would agree. For perspective, i'm in the medical device industry with a company that is profitable, over $500M in revenue, and has a sales force of approx 250 field based reps...around 85% based in the US. The other 15% are international in our direct markets. We also have distributors in various regions of the middle east and asia pacific that are not reflected in my 250 number.

Bugz in Belmont in Hayward, California

82 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Lot of dependencies, primarily size of company, scope of
responsibilities, and locale. Your larger more complex
international companies that expect you to have more of a
strategic than an operational focus can pay 120+; smaller
companies where the responsibilities are more of an operational/process nature could be around 80-100. Sales Ops directors, same dependencies as above caould range from 100 -
180 and higher.

Skills you can learn to increase your value (And thereby your
salary).... strategic...strategic...strategic. Become familiar
with the planning, forecasting and budgeting aspects of the sales organization; understand what you can do to take things to the next level. Turning the crank/managinging the processes
is necessary, but thinking out of that box and focusing on the
"strategery" piece provides exponentially more value.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.