where can I get trained to become a satellite installer

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

eli in Rego Park, New York

63 months ago

it seems that there is a demand on Technicians these days so i was wondering where do you learn to become a satellite installer to work for companies such DirectTV or Dish Network,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Diamond in Grasonville, Maryland

58 months ago

eli in Rego Park, New York said: it seems that there is a demand on Technicians these days so i was wondering where do you learn to become a satellite installer to work for companies such DirectTV or Dish Network,

There is a demand because even in these times of scarce employment folks realize that if you start out the week with no moneyand end up with less it is not a good sign.

Find an honest satellite installation company. The work is not hard to learn.

Joe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tri-five-stepside in Citrus Heights, California

56 months ago

How much does a prentice and journeyman make. What's the pros and cons working with Direct TV and Dish Network. Who pays more. Are there times during the year where they do more lay-offs? Thanks Dane

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Larry in Brookline, New Hampshire

56 months ago

Tri-five-stepside in Citrus Heights, California said: How much does a prentice and journeyman make. What's the pros and cons working with Direct TV and Dish Network. Who pays more. Are there times during the year where they do more lay-offs? Thanks Dane

Most home dish system installs are done by contractors, who are generally paid a flat rate for installtion by Dish, DirectTV, or WildBlue (the satellite internet service). Training seems minimal - assemble dish, fix it to a pole or structure, wire dish to house, point dish toward satellite.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

estellamgarza@netzero.com in Irving, Texas

55 months ago

My housband and I are interested in doing independent contracts. Where could we get experience or training to try to do this kind of work? Anyone's input is very much appreciated. We live in Irving Texas and have a truck and can get tools. Thank you to any persons who have information concerning theis.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

allen f cook in Birmingham, Alabama

53 months ago

its a real good profession but the contractors have contracts you sign and usally will screw you out of your wages they say for a year I am still wating on 2645 dollars that a Ga company owes me that kind of crap you will run across a lot they will work you and promise you to pay you in a timely manner and then it comes time to pay will hold your money 6 months to a year its a sad business this is what will happen to you mark my word for it I know it is happening to me now by two different companys one in Carrollton Ga and one in Bessimer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jose Mendoza in San Francisco, California

50 months ago

I would like to comeback to work as a satellite installer,but doing the spare job. I am sbca certified installer since 2002 and I have truck,tools metters. If any boddy need a installer you can reach me at:
jose1404@sbcglobal.nnet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jose Mendoza in San Francisco, California

50 months ago

Jose Mendoza in San Francisco, California said: I would like to comeback to work as a satellite installer,but doing the spare job. I am sbca certified installer since 2002 and I have truck,tools metters. If any boddy need a installer you can reach me at:
jose1404@sbcglobal.net
correction: jose1404@sbcglobal.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.