Leads for Info Security job/contracts in downtown Chicago

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

pillair in Chicago, Illinois

67 months ago

All - I have exhausted my personal network, linkedin and head hunters for the past few months. I am currently working on a contract basis and the money is not bad, but I want something more challenging . My SANS GSEC cert expired and I working on a getting few done by the end of the year. Ideally I would like to work on a 6 month contract doing risk assessments and Vuln analysis. I have three year of consulting experience at a well known firm and 3yrs in industry. I don't have in depth hardware experience (e.g. Cisco IPS/IDS, etc.) but I have been able to tackle any project thrown at me.

Currently I am working on a short forensics/ediscovery project. It seems like these days it all about who you know, so I hope to get some hints

Any ideas of headhunter that seem to have a lot of security gigs in Chicago? I am also open to working for the state or government, but not sure where to start.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

T.L.Smith of FSC INC in Magnolia, New Jersey

57 months ago

pillair in Chicago, Illinois said: All - I have exhausted my personal network, linkedin and head hunters for the past few months. I am currently working on a contract basis and the money is not bad, but I want something more challenging . My SANS GSEC cert expired and I working on a getting few done by the end of the year. Ideally I would like to work on a 6 month contract doing risk assessments and Vuln analysis. I have three year of consulting experience at a well known firm and 3yrs in industry. I don't have in depth hardware experience (e.g. Cisco IPS/IDS, etc.) but I have been able to tackle any project thrown at me.

Currently I am working on a short forensics/ediscovery project. It seems like these days it all about who you know, so I hope to get some hints

Any ideas of headhunter that seem to have a lot of security gigs in Chicago? I am also open to working for the state or government, but not sure where to start.

Thanks

The security consulting giggs have been a struggle for me since getting back into the business. Its a true statement that you must know somebody these days just to get your foot in the door. I use to have a security company in Miami years ago after I left the government. And basically today I had to back to the basics. Mingling, going out to alot of political events and upscale parties. I almost feel like sometime like I'm running for public office. But you have to know somebody, but more importantly someone have to know you in order for you to finally land that big whopper of an account that your looking for. Please keep intouch, sharing ideas is a great way to network, as long as your doing it with the right people.

Sincerely,
Tye

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.