Great Book for people in the Body Guard, Security, Police, Military, Executive Protection line of work

Comments (9)

Carlos in Lompoc, California

82 months ago

After reading The Gift of Fear and Protecting the Gift by Gavin De Becker, which gave me a great inside look at the line of work I do. This one is the one must have guide for anybody in this industry. There isn't really any how to for protecting people but this one not only tells you what to look at but it also gives you the history of attacks that have happend and will guide you in not to commit these same mistakes. Great read and I highly recommened it.

Carlos in Lompoc, California

82 months ago

Carlos in Lompoc, California said: After reading The Gift of Fear and Protecting the Gift by Gavin De Becker, which gave me a great inside look at the line of work I do. This one is the one must have guide for anybody in this industry. There isn't really any how to for protecting people but this one not only tells you what to look at but it also gives you the history of attacks that have happend and will guide you in not to commit these same mistakes. Great read and I highly recommened it.

By the way the book is called "JUST 2 SECONDS" BY GAVIN DE BECKER

CaliSaint504 in Lompoc, California

82 months ago

I agree...This is one of those rare books that I tell everyone about -- "you must read this!" Fascinating and Insightful. This book just may help you save someones life. Buy one for yourself and for a friend...www.just2secon ds.org/

Oscar Gomez in Lompoc, California

82 months ago

You are right about this. Many people always ask me what I would recommend them to read to get prepared for the line of work that I do which is Executive Protection for a company based in Los Angeles. I tell them to get physical fit and to read up on some good materials. Some of the books that I always recommended were The Gift of Fear and Protecting the Gift by Gavin De Becker which Carlos talks about, but he has come out with one that really hits home to what we do and that is JUST 2 SECONDS. This is an awesome book that really breaks it down to what it takes and to what we need to look at when doing protective details. Read the book and you will defiantly have the edge with your fellow bodyguard buddies.

mikebrown in Halethorpe, Maryland

82 months ago

look for your book

82 months ago

I WAS IN SECURITY FOR 16 YEARS

82 months ago

HERE MY EMAIL- MIKEBROWN3237@COMCAST.NET

Dennis N in Kent, Washington

82 months ago

If you are interested in executive protection, I recomend that you "Just 2 Seconds" among your current sources of information on the subject. "Just 2 Seconds" contains information dating back to the 1835 assassination attempt on President Andrew Jackson, to the present day. Everything from failed assassinations, successful assassinations, and much more can be found in the book. "Just 2 Seconds" is an excellent source of information on tactics, and tools of the trade. If you are serious about executive protection, or even if you are just curious about the job, you definitely should get this book.

M4D in Anacortes, Washington

81 months ago

I too found the historical reference section on public figure attacks very interesting in this work. It is comprehensive and intelligently organized.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.