SECURITY GUARD LICENSE TRAINING LONG ISLAND

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 57)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

joe r in Staten Island, New York

65 months ago

I completed my 8hr training, 16 hr otj,fireguard prep course,and sent in the application with electronic fingerprints on 4/4/09. How long will it take me to receive my nys state security guard license.I am looking for immediate employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

tankhere in Bronx, New York

65 months ago

joe r in Staten Island, New York said: I completed my 8hr training, 16 hr otj,fireguard prep course,and sent in the application with electronic fingerprints on 4/4/09. How long will it take me to receive my nys state security guard license.I am looking for immediate employment.

it take about 3 months

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

BIGGZ

65 months ago

HOW CAN I GET MY SECURITY LICENSE ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

zul in Brooklyn, New York

64 months ago

A felony of 1995 and a misdemeanor 3 years ago,i wonder if there are any guidles in getting our liscence and who tells us about this.Certificate of relief, disability takes too long. where can we find guielines or who can we call?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

ree ree in Chicago, Illinois

60 months ago

none at all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Andy88 in Corona, New York

60 months ago

I just moved from orlando,Fl and I was wondering since i have 2 misdemeanor both being traffic violations, will they hurt me when i apply? If so what do i have to get to submit it with my application? i have my 8&16 hour certification and my fireguard also. but i do not to submit my application until I know for sure it will not be rejected do to me not sending proper information with it. can anyone help me please?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

NYC-Diane in Brooklyn, New York

60 months ago

If you always searching to pick-up on someone's job opportunity
any do not gain your own hirlings when you have to paid the price.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

surferhusky5 in Pittsford, New York

59 months ago

I was wondering I have a misdeamor record am i still able to become a security guard!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

NINA_SANDIEGO in SAN DIEGO, California

59 months ago

HUH??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

NINA_SANDIEGO in SAN DIEGO, California

59 months ago

NYC-Diane in Brooklyn, New York said: If you always searching to pick-up on someone's job opportunity
any do not gain your own hirlings when you have to paid the price.

HUH??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

JEN

58 months ago

I HAVE A SECURITY LICENSE I SEND OUT THE RENEWAL FORM WITH THE MONEY ORDER IN AUGUST 2009. MY SECURITY LICENSE EXPIRED NOV 8, 2009 AND I HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE NEW OONE IN THE MAIL YET. I HAVE A PENDING CASE WHICH IS A FELONY. DO YOU THINK ITS INTERFERRING THE WHEREABOUTS OF THE LICENSE?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

pink in Chicago, Illinois

58 months ago

hi, i live in chi town, could anybdy from here tell me where i
could get my trianing for a gun at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

kino in Brooklyn, New York

57 months ago

I have my 8 hour 16 hour and my fireguard pretest certificates but the company that i got them with hasnt placed me at a job at all, where can i go with my certificates si i can finally have my license?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Yahaira Cruz in Bronx, New York

57 months ago

I HAVE THE 8 AND 16 HOUR CERTIFICATE AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I CAN GO FOR MY FINGERPRINTS HERE IN NEW YORK CITY PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

John R in West Hempstead, New York

56 months ago

John,
Working out a deal with a security is a good idea in many cases but you do get locked into their company. You have a much better chance of getting a position with a security (and for a higher per hour wage) if you apply for the job already licensed. I used a company recently in Garden city and they were really a pleaseure to deal with. in comparasion to other security schools friends of mine used recently they were great. www.profsst.com near Roosevelt Field Mall

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Roger in West Hempstead, New York

55 months ago

John,
Thanks!
I just used the same school yesterday and I had a great experience. I would also reccomend the same school. professional Safety & Security www.profsst.com They did a good job with the training and also made sure that everyone completed all of the applocation paperwork and fingerprint card info so that the state wouldnt return it due to errors on our part.
Roger

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Junior in New York, New York

53 months ago

My question is 3 years ago I was arrested given a ACD no trouble for six months case dismissed. Now when on a application it states have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor what do I do ..the charge was dismissed I have a disposition and they stamped it sealed 106.50.. on anither application if it states if I have been arrested I need to answer yes and provide a copy of the disposition and state what happen or will the charges not come up but the arrest will this is for a gun permit..any info is appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

John720 in Staten Island, New York

52 months ago

I have a sealed felony case from when i was 16 years old and i recieved a Y.O (Youthful offender). I served 6 months ani am currently on probation. Will my circumstances hinder me from getting my license?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Iris Morales in Bronx, New York

52 months ago

hi i already did my 8 hours my 16 hours i also have a fire guard license i just want to know how could i get my I.D for security.will u please help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Hugo in Boston, Massachusetts

52 months ago

Hello!!..

I am thinking about getting my NYS Security Guard License, I had a misderminor on 2004, I went to Central Bookings, I saw the Judge which for my first time offence she only gave me 40hrs community service and told me to stay out of trouble for a year, right now I have a SEALED FILE according to the letter of disposition.

Its already 2010 and about to be 6yrs since then and I've been tip toeing (staying out of trouble) from that time to now.

I've been living in other State for 4yrs since this happened. Where I live it doesn't require to have a Security Guard Card, but the company does some serious background checks with electronic finguer printing thru the F.B.I., so I heard. Again, this background check was done 2yrs ago in another state which I came cleared.

Would this be a reason to get denied?.

Does anyone have any usefull information I could use??..

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Christopher in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

Hugo in Boston, Massachusetts said: Hello!!..

I am thinking about getting my NYS Security Guard License, I had a misderminor on 2004, I went to Central Bookings, I saw the Judge which for my first time offence she only gave me 40hrs community service and told me to stay out of trouble for a year, right now I have a SEALED FILE according to the letter of disposition.

Its already 2010 and about to be 6yrs since then and I've been tip toeing (staying out of trouble) from that time to now.

I've been living in other State for 4yrs since this happened. Where I live it doesn't require to have a Security Guard Card, but the company does some serious background checks with electronic finguer printing thru the F.B.I., so I heard. Again, this background check was done 2yrs ago in another state which I came cleared.

Would this be a reason to get denied?.

Does anyone have any usefull information I could use??..

Thanks!

They have just denied my NY State security guard license for a petit larceny case 36 years ago when I was 17. And YES you must tell them everything. They will indeed find out as they did in my case.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Security Jobs in New York, New York

51 months ago

JET WAY SECURITY in JFK Airport

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Christopher in Brooklyn, New York said: They have just denied my NY State security guard license for a petit larceny case 36 years ago when I was 17. And YES you must tell them everything. They will indeed find out as they did in my case.

Correction. Albany did not input information correctly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Security Jobs in New York, New York said: JET WAY SECURITY in JFK Airport

What is Jet Way Security?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

deanaaleseses323339

51 months ago

OK,.GOO

deanaaleseses323339

51 months ago

OK

deanaaleseses323339

51 months ago

OK,GOO

deanaaleseses323339

51 months ago

IAM,INTERETED INTRAINIGIN SECUIRTYGUARD TRAING ANDPOLICETRAIING. ANDCRMINALJUSTICESS'S ...... AND FIRE MANGEMENT'S'S.,,,,,,,,,.......,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,......................

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tasha in Bronx, New York

48 months ago

Chris in Hempstead, New York said: Does the 16 hr course need to be taken every year like the 8 hr?

no u just have to renew your 8 hr every yr.

headtotoeinstjoe in Saint Joseph, Missouri

48 months ago

I sent out my NYC security guard licensing renewal papers and money about 8 months ago-(I forgot about it) but have not received anything back. I have not gotten into any legal trouble or anything like that-what do I do, I plan on moving back to NYC soon. Please help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

S/O in Columbia, Maryland

47 months ago

JEN said: I HAVE A SECURITY LICENSE I SEND OUT THE RENEWAL FORM WITH THE MONEY ORDER IN AUGUST 2009. MY SECURITY LICENSE EXPIRED NOV 8, 2009 AND I HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE NEW OONE IN THE MAIL YET. I HAVE A PENDING CASE WHICH IS A FELONY. DO YOU THINK ITS INTERFERRING THE WHEREABOUTS OF THE LICENSE?

If your case is pending then you have not been convicted yet therefor until proven guilty It can not be on your record yet, your licenses application got lost somewhere, if you are proven innocent then re apply again , if guilty then dont bother

shadjohn12 in Corona, New York

47 months ago

I`ve read this whole page and no one has answered the question at the top of the page yet, after sending your application along with the other documents.how long does it normally take your the nys security guard license to get your address by mail?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

S/O barton in Ellicott City, Maryland

47 months ago

shadjohn12 in Corona, New York said: I`ve read this whole page and no one has answered the question at the top of the page yet, after sending your application along with the other documents.how long does it normally take your the nys security guard license to get your address by mail?

3 to 6 months at the minimum and if u even have anything about child support or alcohol then longer... the more cases you have even if its jay walking the longer it will take but unless you are a felon it will come to you sooner or later.

S/O barton in Ellicott City, Maryland

47 months ago

denise ellis in Bronx, New York said: what secrity jobs are hiring with no lic.

Make your own company or Move to PA...

JON in Hempstead, New York

47 months ago

Chris in Hempstead, New York said: Does the 16 hr course need to be taken every year like the 8 hr?

CHRIS NO YOU ONLY HAVE TO TAKE IT ONCE. I ACTUALLY AM TAKING MINE THE END OF OCTOBER AT A SCHOOL IN GARDEN CITY ON STEWART AVE. PROFESSIONAL SAFETY AND SECURITY GOOD LUCK MAYBE ILL SEE YOU THERE.

Michelle in Hicksville, New York

45 months ago

I took a security course last month in Garden City on stewart Avenue near the Roosevelt Field Mall.
The place was Professional Safety & Security. Nice people
www.profsst.com

Johnny M. in Babylon, New York

45 months ago

abraham mercado in Bay Shore, New York said: i need studen an the school have mach i queen peey

The course is $60 at the AG Affiliates guard school in Bayshore. They sometimes have classes in N. Babylon. www.agaffilates.com.

Great course! Also I think they have very nice & experienced people and they help you to find a job too. The guy who gave the course used to be a US marine military police officer, a US marshall, and also nypd and he really knew his stuff! I never had anyone teach that way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Johnny M. in Babylon, New York

45 months ago

S/O barton in Ellicott City, Maryland said: 3 to 6 months at the minimum and if u even have anything about child support or alcohol then longer... the more cases you have even if its jay walking the longer it will take but unless you are a felon it will come to you sooner or later.

It took me one month to get the license and the school i went to (ag affiliates) helped me to get a job even before I got the licnese through an employer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

S/O Barton in Ellicott City, Maryland

45 months ago

My security license was suspended because at the application I did not have a list of all the crimes I was charged on my lifetime. They classify that as laying on the application. License denied. Went to a hearing,admitted all the charges that were on my record, such as a fight 20 yrs ago (unbelievable) License reinstated and back to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

S/O Barton in Ellicott City, Maryland

45 months ago

surferhusky5 in Pittsford, New York said: I was wondering I have a misdeamor record am i still able to become a security guard!

if it has anything to do with domestic violence,forget about it, if not, then you might have a chance

sk23 in New York, New York

43 months ago

Yahaira Cruz in Bronx, New York said: I HAVE THE 8 AND 16 HOUR CERTIFICATE AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I CAN GO FOR MY FINGERPRINTS HERE IN NEW YORK CITY PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME.

go to www.l1enrollment.com and find the nearest location.

myguardtraining.com in West Babylon, New York

42 months ago

shadjohn12 in Corona, New York said: I`ve read this whole page and no one has answered the question at the top of the page yet, after sending your application along with the other documents.how long does it normally take your the nys security guard license to get your address by mail?

About one month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

shaneene in New York, New York

41 months ago

hello i am looking to get my fire guard were can i go to do this i have my license,8,16 hrs and annual certificate.i would like to do this soon

sanjay in College Point, New York

41 months ago

same place where u got ur 8 hrs class. If they don't provide training. they can tell u where to to get it. Thanks.

Veronica in Huntington Station, New York

37 months ago

Does anyone know the address you have to send the application too? and what the payment method you have to include??

melly in Long Island City, New York

35 months ago

I was arrested in aug 2011 for A-B felony the courts dismissed it and gave me ACD I wasn't convicted just have to stay away from trouble for 6 months so record can be sealed so will I still be able to work as a Security Officer or will I have trouble license is still good and I just got my 16hr certificate please help

yeahyeah1010 in Massapequa, New York

35 months ago

i got arrested when i was 17 in a club.i was charged with 3rd degree assault.stayed 2 nights in book-ins but when seen the judge .the case got dismissed.now im trying to get a security guard license .will it show on my finger prints or show on records or no? please help

nay in Astoria, New York

34 months ago

HELLO I HAVE MY SECURITY GUARD LICENSE BUT IT EXPIRED IN 2009. DO I HAVE TO TAKE THE TRAINING COURSE ALL OVER????

stan in Elmhurst, New York

33 months ago

jessica valentin in Glen Oaks, New York said: I completed my 8-hr traning course and 16-hr course I also got my two fingerprints taken...I did this on february 12,2009
On February 24,2009 I mailed in the full application packet to albany.The application was delierved on feruary 25,2009 the next day. How long will it take for me to get my nys security guard license?

also where it says have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemenor I checked no..But in 2006 I got arrested for jumping a turnstile. i went to central booking and the judge said if u get arrested again within 6 months u get one year in jail, and he let me go. never got arrested again. my instrutor at the security school said i have nothing to worry about.
Am i still going to get my security guard license?

I guess for small things like that, it might get overlooked or the charges might have been disolved after a while, but don't do it again. If you committed big crimes like bank robbery, federal offenses, homicide, then you will be barred from ANY type of security work. And from what I heard from my security teacher, if you license has for an extended time- YES- you have to start over, just like you would for DMV.

stan in Elmhurst, New York

33 months ago

Yahaira Cruz in Bronx, New York said: I HAVE THE 8 AND 16 HOUR CERTIFICATE AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I CAN GO FOR MY FINGERPRINTS HERE IN NEW YORK CITY PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME.

130 William Street in NYC.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.