SECURITY GUARD LICENSE AND TRAINING IN NEW YORK

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (451 to 498 of 498)
Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10   

Tony in Westbury, New York

21 months ago

I sent out my guard application and they sent me a letter saying i need to complete my previous job history. I havent had a job in over 10 years and i dont really remember much about the job i had.

What should i do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nitty537 in New York, New York

21 months ago

BigA said: If you already have your 8 & 16, what is your problem? If the school that you got those certificates is legit, they should have told you that all you need to do is the following:

Send in ...

A) A Completed Security Guard Application.

B) The original copy of certificate from 8-Hour Pre-Assignment Course for Security Guards.
C) The receipt from your electronic fingerprints.
D) A money order in the amount of $36 Payable to the "Secretary of state NYS DOS (application fee).

I have my fingerprints but not the receipt.. Can I get a copy and send that instead of the receipt?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in Brooklyn, New York

20 months ago

So do I haf to do the certificate then apply for my license? Or do they come together?

kittycat in Newark, New Jersey

20 months ago

i went to an interview, they sent me to get a fireguard and antiterrorism crtificte, paid 225. is that right? i feel i was scamed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Stokely in New York, New York said: I had good luck with this company Angel Outreach Solutions. I went through a previous "school" and got scammed out of over $500 when i found out they weren't certified. I went down to there office and it was beautiful! Amazing what the difference was - it actually seemed like a professional office. To make a long story short after a consultation with an advisor (no hard sales pitch and no $80 placement fee) I redid my 8 and 16 through them and went through the placement and got a job within 2 weeks. forgot their number but their website is aonyc.com. What a differenc!

DO NOT GO HERE ITS A BIG SCAM!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Stokely in New York, New York said: I had good luck with this company Angel Outreach Solutions. I went through a previous "school" and got scammed out of over $500 when i found out they weren't certified. I went down to there office and it was beautiful! Amazing what the difference was - it actually seemed like a professional office. To make a long story short after a consultation with an advisor (no hard sales pitch and no $80 placement fee) I redid my 8 and 16 through them and went through the placement and got a job within 2 weeks. forgot their number but their website is aonyc.com. What a differenc!

20 months ago

Wilkins Torres in Bronx, New York

20 months ago

Hey,
Security training should not cost you a week's pay. The basic training at LM Protection Services is as follows:
8Hr. Pre-Assignment is $50, the 16Hr. is $50. You have to get your fingerprints done by L1 Enrollment Services. You can make the appointment or I can make it for you. Either way, you have to pay them a fee of $102.25 for the fingerprints. The NYS security guard license application fee is $36. Total would be $238.25. Break it this way: $100 for the training, $138.25 for State fees(fingerprint and application). Some places charge you a lot more because its a money making business. I am the instructor at LM Protection and we have a Security Guard Company as well. We don't have time for funny business. Email me for more info or to schedule an appointment: torreswilkins@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mizz in Medford, New York

20 months ago

CARLOS124 in New York, New York said: I would like to thank all the person who contacted me to get more information on how to obtain their security licsene.
I want all of you to know that I love helping people out in any way possible, so don't be afraid to ask questions.
Contact me via Email

carlospadilla71@hotmail.com

I would appreciate if u could help me find out how I can get my security license without me having a drivers license mizzy.mb@gmail.com

Ahmed Khogali in Sudan

20 months ago

Really I'm so glad to recive your comments
I need your help and support to offer me free online security guard license
courses and training and certificate.
I'm Un staff Security guard, I wold like to improve my self.

A.R. in Butler, New Jersey

19 months ago

Hey everyone, I have submitted my 8-hour and 16-hour paperwork for New York but haven't received anything yet in the mail. I've already received my SORA card for NJ, though. I've spent the last week applying to security companies in the area and applied to a couple of places here at indeed, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips or leads they wanted to share? I could use it, since I'm unsure of how exactly you break into the business.

barry in Flushing, New York

19 months ago

Can anyone in new york city help me with getting my Security License. I have my 8 and 16 hr certificates but no license
Plz email me at b.barrybent@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Brooklyn, New York

18 months ago

Has anyone heard about Angel Outreach Solutions ? AONYC ? Security Position Staffing Agency ? Has anyone Dealt with Whelan Powers ? and being they send you to a ( Referral ) which is First Security does that mean they are Fraud ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

JM in New York, New York

18 months ago

John in Brooklyn, New York said: Has anyone heard about Angel Outreach Solutions ? AONYC ? Security Position Staffing Agency ? Has anyone Dealt with Whelan Powers ? and being they send you to a ( Referral ) which is First Security does that mean they are Fraud ?

These guys reached out to me as well, after I applied thru their website, but I decided not to contact them any further. They seemed a little *too* eager and they insisted I needed more than just my 8-hr and 16-hr to work, plus they mentioned referring me for "additional training" just like they did for you.

That behavior sure feels like a scam, but I can't say for sure since I didn't look into them any further. If you decide to look into them for yourself, let us know what you find. Remember, if they ask for money up front for a "homeland security certificate" or "uniform fee" or some other nonsense, they're frauds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Craig S. in New York, New York

18 months ago

John in Brooklyn, New York said: Has anyone heard about Angel Outreach Solutions ? AONYC ? Security Position Staffing Agency ? Has anyone Dealt with Whelan Powers ? and being they send you to a ( Referral ) which is First Security does that mean they are Fraud ?

I personally had a great experience with those guys. They were the only company that seemed legit and worked out a great price to get me certified. I got a job within 2 weeks and even trained me with a consultant for interviews. Got a job for $15 an hour. I recommend them but that's just my experience.

Samantha in New York, New York

16 months ago

O.K I recently called a supposed to be security company and I got in touch with a woman who stated she would call me back. Her name is MS. Short. She never called me back so I called her back. A male picked up the phone. All I asked of this dumb stupid man, was to please give me the address so that I can come and fill out the application. "Sir where are you'll located at. I would like to come and fill out an application. He in return stated to me an application for what. You don't even know what we are. I said that I called earlier to speak with a woman called MS. Short. He accused me of not knowing what I wanted and who I wanted to speak to. And I'm telling him just give me the address so that I can come and fill out an application. He told me I was rude and I should learn how to talk to someone. Then I lost it. I said if I was talking to someone with manners, they in return would know that I'm talking proper and with respect. 'He tells me f--- me and hangs up the phone. Thats when I called back and let him have it full blast. All of this is said to let people out there know that if this was a legit comapany. When I called they would have first said what was the name of their company. Second their telephone experience and manners would not have been as poor and unprofesional. You have to be aware of Companies like this. Especially to the people out there who are stuggling to get a job. These are the companies that will ask you to give them a certain amount of money. The rate can go as high as 200-250 maybe more. And once they get your money they give you the run arounds. By the time you get back to them the company moved somewhere. Because it was a scam. Alot of people have been taken like this. If you are applying to security companies look them up and make sure they are legit companies. There are alot of legit ones out there that will help you obtain all your credentials you need to become a security guard and some of them will do it while you work.

21 JUMP STREET in Cranbury, New Jersey

16 months ago

Future recruits- Go to

Allied Barton Security Service, USA
Metro one Protective Services
Securitas Security Services
APG Security Services
Huff master
US Security Associates
All provide you're NY License in two eight hour sessions and hire you on the spot for work with above companies, they are contracted security companies hire to provide security services on all level and they are licensed through out the country. There needs to be a job opening FIRST, Go and apply for any job opening they may have, stay away from guard training schools, go apply DIRECTLY to a SECURITY COMPANY DOING THE HIRING. RESEARCH ALL SECURITY COMPANIES AND JUMP INTO THE GAME. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NINA_SANDIEGO in Lawrence, New York

16 months ago

This sounds similar to what I went through, more so the part about giving the runaround. Just go straight to the LEGITIMATE companies listed above by "21 Jump street". Not too long ago I made the mistake of going to a security training school disguised as a business of actual employment, the only good thing is that I have my security licence at the end they just give you ENDLESS referrals.

P JR in Astoria, New York

16 months ago

Hi, can anyone help me or know a security training school that does walk-in for 8 hour annual that is license by NYC and only charge $25 because I know for a fact that it only cost $25. I been calling and calling some charge you $40 to $60 and some say you need to work for that company to do it. Anyone know a place that does it for that price and are legitimate (I heard from people some places do it for free if you know of one let me know) I live in the NYC area please thank you. looking for the Address Phone Numbers or Websites(if they have)need to be current also I called on some and change or moved thank you again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jason in West Babylon, New York

16 months ago

Yea, well I called some of those and they do not have immediate classes and also I would be stuck working for just them for a period of time. I already have a job lined up starting at $16 an hour if I get the certificate so why would I want to get stuck working for the $8 and $9 an hour they said they are paying even if they gave me the training right away? Really dude. I found a couple of schools on Long Island that charges $60 - $70 for the training, they are state registered to give the course, and two of them give the course several times a week. NO WAITING -- NO TRAP. They also helo get the armed guard license and conmduct the required training which, who knows, maybe I'll pursue later on.

Good luck to everyone, and the company that I find that generally pays the most to start is not listed on here is SUMMIT SECURITY, one of the biggest. Although that is not the company who will be hiring me, two of my friends work there and they love it.

21 JUMP STREET in Cranbury, New Jersey said: Future recruits- Go to

Allied Barton Security Service, USA
Metro one Protective Services
Securitas Security Services
APG Security Services
Huff master
US Security Associates
All provide you're NY License in two eight hour sessions and hire you on the spot for work with above companies, they are contracted security companies hire to provide security services on all level and they are licensed through out the country. There needs to be a job opening FIRST, Go and apply for any job opening they may have, stay away from guard training schools, go apply DIRECTLY to a SECURITY COMPANY DOING THE HIRING. RESEARCH ALL SECURITY COMPANIES AND JUMP INTO THE GAME. Good luck

16 months ago

This is true I agree. These companies who want you to pay 200 to 300 dollars just for your license ,8 and 16 hour pluse fireguard are no good. Most companies that are during the hiring will help you out with these credentials.

16 months ago

Blue Steel in Brooklyn. I do not remember the address. If you Google Blue Steel Security it wil come up. I know its downtown Brooklyn on one of the side streets. I think its Hoyt sreet. I'm not sure. Please just google it. This is one company I recommend for anyone who is trying to get into the security field and need thier credentials. They have reasonable prices and they do not try and con you or anything. This is a legit company if you want to get all of your credentials with out being scammed. I do not know if they will place you on a job but, I do know that what ever you need and what ever classes you need whether its to recertify or to just get started Blue Steel is the place.

21 JUMP STREET in Cranbury, New Jersey

16 months ago

Well Jason, just trying to steer recruits away from the frauds and the dregs, I'm an Armed Officer with the govt with an high level secret clearance TS/SCI scope, I've been a player for a long time and know all the security contractors from Iraq and back. I do not get any further east of NYC unless my friends have a side gig and could use some help for E/P or High Risk Protection gig, I wish well dude.

My main point is this: Go to you're state police site and call and inquiry about their policy and the companies that they may know because "they" in the end have to issue you you're state license.

Stay Frosty.dude.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

peter loeffel in Rego Park, New York

16 months ago

I Have my 8hr and 16hr classes completed and all my documents have been sent to get my licenses, where in new york can i go to get a security job?

all the security postings i have seen are asking you to pay fees. Can someone offer any guideance?

thank you
peter

16 months ago

There are alot of security companies. You can try summit Security.
Allied Barton, Appolo Security. G4 Security. Theres alot of them out there you have to google Security companies and you will see what will come up. This is better than going to an agency and spending money only to get reffered to these companies. So get rid of the middle man, who is cheating you out of your money and go straight to the source.

peter loeffel in Rego Park, New York

16 months ago

CARLOS124 in New York, New York said: I would like to thank all the person who contacted me to get more information on how to obtain their security licsene.
I want all of you to know that I love helping people out in any way possible, so don't be afraid to ask questions.
Contact me via Email

carlospadilla71@hotmail.com

Hi carlos, I was wondering if you could help me,
I have completed my 8hr course and all documents have been sent out to get my licenses, this saturday i start my 16 hr course. can you point me in the right direction as to where i can find security employment? almost all companies that i have contacted what to charge a fee for employment because you did not get you classes from them. Is there any place out ther that does not charge you a fee for employment?

Alice105 in New York, New York

16 months ago

P JR in Astoria, New York said: Hi, can anyone help me or know a security training school that does walk-in for 8 hour annual that is license by NYC and only charge $25 because I know for a fact that it only cost $25. I been calling and calling some charge you $40 to $60 and some say you need to work for that company to do it. Anyone know a place that does it for that price and are legitimate (I heard from people some places do it for free if you know of one let me know) I live in the NYC area please thank you. looking for the Address Phone Numbers or Websites(if they have)need to be current also I called on some and change or moved thank you again

I heard the state building does it at 125st.

16 months ago

Is being a security guard dangerous in any way I was considering, this agency that I called said they charge $60 and they give you uniforms.

ploeffel in Rego Park, New York

16 months ago

Alice105 in New York, New York said: I heard the state building does it at 125st.

try www.fjcsecurity.com there are pretty good

Operations/Personnel Offices
33-10 Queens Blvd, 3rd Floor
Long Island City, NY 11101
hope that helps

ploeffel in Rego Park, New York

16 months ago

i would check them out first, a lot of scams goingon these days

ploeffel in Forest Hills, New York

16 months ago

i Have my 8 Hour & 16 Hour Certificates, And My Security Licenses,
Can anyone tell me where i can go to get job, I have responded to alot of postings for security jobs on craigslist that are aksing you to pay to get these positions. Can anyone help here?

Michelle in Brooklyn, New York

14 months ago

First of all don't look for any security guard jobs on craigslist, they are all trade schools pretending to be security staffing companies. First the call you and tell you they would like to interview you, but don't forget to bring $80.00 for your fireguard. It's best to go directly to the websites of companies who you know use security and sign up with them directly.

14 months ago

Does anyone know of places that give free security guard training?

A R in New York, New York

14 months ago

Alice105 in New York, New York said: Does anyone know of places that give free security guard training?

No places that I know of do it for free. You're in New York, so you can go to Workforce1 and get cheap training and free job placement. You'd have to check on their Website to see when they offer the workshops.

You can also go to John Jay College, on 59th St. in Manhattan, and take the training for less money than most private places charge.

KrisCaldwell in California

13 months ago

Alice105 in New York, New York said: Does anyone know of places that give free security guard training?

There are so many security guard Companies that provides security guard training. For details you can check out this link
www.yellowpages.com/bronx-ny/free-security-guard-training

I am not sure that their training service is free or not

stacwaff in Brooklyn, New York

12 months ago

Security Instructor in New York, New York said: If I understand your comment correctly, you are saying that you had a NYS Security Guard license, but that it expired. If this is the case, then whether or not you need to reapply depends on how long ago the licensed expired. NYS Security Licenses are good for two years, and every two years they must be renewed (NYS feee for renewal is $25.00). Once your license expires you can no longer legally work, but NYS gives a 6-month grace period to renew the license. Once the license is expired for more than six months, however, NYS wipes the slate clean and you have to reapply by going through the entire original application process. The 8-hour pre-assignment class cerificates never expire, so if you did have to reapply, you can still use your pre-assignment certificate regardless of how many years ago you took the course.

went to this location last year took 8 and 16 hr with star honest gentlemen no lies they are legit they train you ps this was second time and yes liscensing board albany approved my app gave me liscence they can not give definate placement only on ewho goes to interviews can give oneself a job by earning it bay ridge security gentleman at 123 williams street can take care of all on spot no lines no wait also any nut who tried on time security find them hold them i got some suprise for them from the first time heh heh heh star is tiny but darn true to the name honest and yes answers all questions no matter how crazy love these people

vegajose37 in Brooklyn, New York

12 months ago

I Need to know something about getting your licenses for the security situation and i need to know about it 1) do they have a specific website that could tell you when the security license it's coming through the email? another question 2)how do you know when your license it's coming through the mail and do they have a specific number you could call for customer service to know the status of security licenses ?

Requirement a person with experience that know what im saying.. I Must know about it .. !!!

GK2125@gmail.com in Brooklyn, New York

11 months ago

Jacob V in Brooklyn, New York said: if your not applying at a security company and just want to get your NYSSID then yes you need to go down and pay the HIGH price of a IR printing

how much is it

GK2125@gmail.com in Brooklyn, New York

11 months ago

how much is it

Walt in Brooklyn, New York

8 months ago

Craig S. in New York, New York said: I personally had a great experience with those guys. They were the only company that seemed legit and worked out a great price to get me certified. I got a job within 2 weeks and even trained me with a consultant for interviews. Got a job for $15 an hour. I recommend them but that's just my experience.

lmao BS!! $15 an hour huh

judyp in Buffalo, New York

8 months ago

Joel montesino in New York, New York said: where can i get a security guard license where i have to go to get a nys application and also where do i go to get fingerprint include one nys/one federal . i don't have a driving license i have a learner permit or a security guard i have a high school diploma.
-As previously mentioned, the 8-hour pre-assignment course must be completed before licensing.
-within 90-days of beginning work, the 16-hour on-the-job training course must be completed.
-every year, beginning with the year after licensing, the 8-hour annual in-service course must be taken.

judyp

jc4511 in Brooklyn, New York

5 months ago

How long does an unarmed licence last in NY

Starasia in Bronx, New York

4 months ago

surveyqueen60 in Bronx, New York said: where can i get my 8 hour certificate renew im from the bronx where can i go here in the bronx and how much is it.

Lea security in the Bronx on castle hill ave near the 6 train

50$ for 8 hour
75$ for 16 hour

His name is Orlando. Tell him starasia sent you ;-)

Google LEA SECURITY TRAINING

Starasia in Bronx, New York

4 months ago

Starasia in Bronx, New York said: Lea security in the Bronx on castle hill ave near the 6 train

50$ for 8 hour
75$ for 16 hour

His name is Orlando. Tell him starasia sent you ;-)

Google LEA SECURITY TRAINING

Sorry I didn't see renew but I'm not allow to put the number but call them and they'll take care of you right away

4 months ago

Is being a security guard easy? And what agencies pay the most? I plan on getting my 8 & 16 hr free =}

Jahmar williams in Bronx, New York

3 months ago

CARLOS124 in New York, New York said: Best Buy
Asset Protection Associate Job

As a Loss Prevention Associate for Best Buy, you will support the operation of your Best Buy store by maintaining building security and store safety, modeling Best Buy philosophy by using good judgment in your decisions and actions, and identifying and applying various techniques to control potential or actual losses. Primary Responsibilities: • Provide a welcoming and safe shopping experience for customers by maintaining building security and general store safety • Apprehend shoplifters, respond to emergency situations, administer first aid, and react in a professional manner; all using good judgment
Basic qualifications • This isn't a desk job! Lifting up to 50 lbs., standing and moving up to 100% of the time • At least 16 years of age

I worked in Marshall's under contract with Ipsa security doing 12 hour shifts on foot all day and also apprehending shoplifters with fellow lp officers I would love this position and I will benefit your company

havelw in West Orange, New Jersey

2 months ago

Hey Everyone I would Like to say that I myself have been scammed by 1st national career center inc. on 327 west 36th st btw 8th and 9th ave in manhattan. If you're considering going there to become a security guard do not. They are scammers and just want to take your hard earned money. After researching I learned there are legitimate career centers like Job Corps that will offer these same services for FREE . young adults 24 and under can take your 8 & 16 hrs without paying hundreds of dollars. Also If you want you can go to ANY local college and take the same classes 8 & 16 and fireguard classes at a fraction of the price so def do your research. I haven't been refunded the $400 I gave just yet, but I'm hopeful. I'm taking action right now by reporting them to the Department of Consumer Affairs, I've also reported them to the Better Business Bureau and the New York Department of State. Take Action, explain your claim and hopefully you'll get your money back!

Ty in Richmond, Virginia

1 month ago

Peter Da Gr8t in Brooklyn, New York said: I moved backed to NY from VA where I also did corrections and security. I had all of my licensing including tactical firearms and CCW.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news when I tell you, you're going to have to start from scratch when you get up here. When I arrived I applied for several high grade security jobs and was laughed at when I told them what credentials I had including my security clearance.

You are not going to find much help other than this website and the official NYS website so beware of what I refer to as the GyPsY security companies. Those are the ones that pretend to be security companies but are nothing more than security training schools (if that much!) that severely over charge you for your licensing SO BE CAREFUL when choosing a security school for your licensing. Your best bet is to start at this site criminaljustice.state.ny.us/ops/sgtraining/index.htm

Although I didn't get ripped off, a lot of other ppl did as you can tell by reading some of the posts. Also I don't know how professional the security LEO atmosphere is in FL but it was a culture shock coming back to NY from VA so I figure i'd give you a heads up. If you are in the Bklyn NY area and need info on a good security school let me know. Hope this helps and good luck with the custody case.

Hello..thanks for the info. I know it's been awhile since you posted this comment but I just wanted to know if you are still able to give any info about security schools in Brooklyn. Thanks.

Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.