SECURITY GUARD LICENSE AND TRAINING IN NEW YORK

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 496)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Arnold.palmer845@gmail.com in Kew Gardens, New York

55 months ago

Hey took my 8hour Looking for anyplaces that Will hire before you obtain the 16.Jus so i can start making money right away.Any suggestions or is it innevatable that i take the 16

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lee in Smithtown, New York

55 months ago

As far as I knew to work security in either Nassau or Suffolk county, Long Island, NY a security license was not necessary. Has this policy changed in the last year? If anyone has info on that please let me know. Thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

scamalert in Forest Hills, New York

55 months ago

be careful countless people are being scammed with Security Guard job postings on craigslist and other places,

When you get hooked in their little scam, the tell you that you need to give then about 1200 dollars to get you certified in Metal detector, CPR, pre-assignment, 16 hour on the job training, loss prevention, certificate of fitness and sometime even try to hook you into paying them as much as an extra $500 for a NYC gun permit
In conclusion, try to avid this security guard scams in craigslist for they can be very costly.

www.ripoffreport.com/sales-people/craigslist-security/craigslist-security-guard-jobs-968ap.htm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

If Only in Corona, New York

55 months ago

There needs to be a place online where the basic information is posted... all I am looking for is places where I can get the certifications taken care of, and licensing, without being ripped off.

I KNOW FOR A FACT there are places out there that pay for licensing or at least take it out of your checks. This is ridiculous and bull$hit. All we want to do is work, and we are being put through the meat grinder for it, perhaps New York's most unfortunate groups, that aren't trying to hustle and scam other people but are just trying to make an honest living, and they keep cutting our legs out from under us.

Help?!?..... Because this whole process, and the nature of living in New York, is all going to $hit. WOW, this life. I just recently moved back here from the Midwest, and I can tell you that it's pretty much just easier damn near anyplace else. My own cousin is in Pittsburgh working for Allied Barton, and he didn't have to take ONE class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

junior in New York, New York

55 months ago

Do you know the building in down town manhattan that could go to 2 get my license renewed or get a new one I haven't used it in 2 years I know the building. Is some where. Between chambers or wallstreet thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

luis in Brooklyn, New York

55 months ago

criminaljustice.state.ny.us/ops/docs/sgtraining/pubs/sgpapprovedschls.pdf

thats a link to all the approved schools in ny for securityguard training

Carlos 124 in New York, New York

55 months ago

Pace University Rems Security
This is to obtain a new one.
If your security licsene is not expired the you would have to renew it thru Albany Application:
www.dos.state.ny.us/forms/licensing/1206-f-l-a.pdf

DOS-1246 Security Guard Renewal Application
DOS-1410 Security Guard Renewal Application, Long Form

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

volvyz in Brooklyn, New York

55 months ago

hey , mmm i got my 8 and 16 hours now i want to get a security job so i could pay for my license my problem is i dont know were to go if someone in here could give me a number to call to get the place they hiring with certificates. and also i had find one they ask me to pay 75 dollars for the training and say the uniform is free . well i aint got that money am lookin to get that money .i want to find a place that aint asking for that . that place i went to tru is not good i think they try to take your money . so if ya find a place for me contact me on

avinjeanhardy@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

john moore in New York, New York

55 months ago

anybody know where i can get free security job training or a security company that will hire you and take the 8 hr and 16 hr training cert. out of your check
thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jeanniecruz in Bronx, New York

55 months ago

where can i go to get my 16 hr cert.?????? email me at jeanniecruzxx@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tyrone718 in Bronx, New York

55 months ago

shayc in Bronx, New York said: I did my 8hr and 16hr back in August 2007 but I never applied for my license and I've never worked security before and I lost my certificates.Do I need to re-do those courses, if not what can I do about re-obtaining my lost certificates? If I do need to re-do the course do you know of anywhere that offers it for cheap? thankyou

hey i know a place where you can obtain your certificates for free, contact me email tyrn6822@yahoo.com and I can give you the information.

MALINA GRANT in Brooklyn, New York

55 months ago

mjroberson@optimum.net in Brooklyn, New York said: Can you please tell me where I can pick up a License application?. I asked on line with the State to mail me one, So far I have not gotten one. Is there a walk in location? Thank you for your help.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT WEB SIDE I COULD GO TO TO GET AN APPLICATION TO RENEW MY SECURITY GUARD LICENSE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

carlos quinones in Bronx, New York

55 months ago

NewtoNY in Washington, District of Columbia said: How much did all of this cost?

i would like to information or a mail application to apply for my guard card certification for the city of my address is 967 teller ave 10456 apt 3 floor u can contact me at thanks you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tammy

55 months ago

CARLOS124 in New York, New York said: you should request an application packet which has all the forms to get your security guard license. please check out this link or call the directly at

criminaljustice.state.ny.us/ops/sgtraining/index.htm

Fingerprints: link criminaljustice.state.ny.us/pio/fp_services.htm

Thanks,
carlos padilla

hey I have my 8hr 16hr n my fire guard what should I do next? N what happens when I get my licences

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gian Meeno in Jamaica, New York

55 months ago

Does Anyone know if 1st security preparation & placment inc.. on 40th street 8 ave manhatten is real? & if they find you the jobs with the promised wage?

volvy-z in Brooklyn, New York

55 months ago

can someone help me wit my certicates tryna get a job ,i have my certificates but i want to get a job wit it do anyone knows were they hiring

Ray in Flushing, New York

55 months ago

Hi I am interested in getting a security license in the New York City Area. I have never applied for a security license before. I am 21 and I only have a State Id and no drivers license or permit. What should I do to get the best training and certefication for my security license? I was wondering if you guys could tell be of a place that helps also in giving job placement after you get certification.

maliek matheny in brooklyn, New York

54 months ago

hey how you doing do you know where i can go get my security license at in new york city

54 months ago

can somebody frm new york city know where i can go get my security license at

54 months ago

hey how you doing do you know where i can go get my security license at in new york city please email me at matheny1523@aol.com

volvyz in Brooklyn, New York

54 months ago

i need a job wit my 8 annual certificates can someone help me get one ,n please give me the number n the address to go there

Jerry in Wyandanch, New York

54 months ago

I applied and submitted all the paperwork to New York State. How long does it take to receive the license?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gmg70 in New York, New York

54 months ago

carlos quinones in Bronx, New York said: i would like to information or a mail application to apply for my guard card certification for the city of my address is 967 teller ave 10456 apt 3 floor u can contact me at thanks you

why would you put your address?? you only needed to put bronx, ny, now everyone knows where u live

gmg70 in New York, New York

54 months ago

For all of you who have questions on certification and licensing in New York State please go to this site: www.dos.state.ny.us/lcns/professions/securityguard/guard.htm all of your questions will be answered here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

onpoint watchdog protection in Howard Beach, New York

54 months ago

we have 2 locations on queens please call us for an appointment the number is on my site onpointwatchdogprotection.comthe 8hr start as low as $25

54 months ago

still interested in gettn your certification? we have 2 offices in queens make an appointment today...the number is on our website onpointwatchdogprotection.com 8hr start as low as $25 and it includes the nys state package including fingerprints

54 months ago

we have 2 locations in queens ...the 8hr start as low as $25 and includes the entire nys package with fingerprints ...go to onpointwatchdogprotection.com

54 months ago

we have 2 locations in queens you can make an appointment ...classes start as low as $25 and include the nys package and fingerprints free please visit my site onpointwatchdogprotection.com the number is located there

bj in Brooklyn, New York

54 months ago

How can the fingerprints be free, or included in the $25.00 fee when everyone has to get their fingerprints taken electronically for a fee of $106.00

54 months ago

i do not charge for the nys package...fact: security companies do not have to pay for the nys applications or finger prints ...although it is true the state charges for processing your fingerprints ....some companies charge you additonal fees and what not . we do not .example i have interviewed about 7 people this week all of which paid different fees for the same 8hr cert courses one person even paid as much as $350 in total just to get the 8hr

bj in Brooklyn, New York

54 months ago

I agree with you in that some schools were charging outrageous prices for the package, and they were charging extra to take fingerprints. My point is that since 1/1/10 the inked fingerprint cards are not accepted. All applicants must use the NYS fingerprint vendor (L-1 Enrollment Services) to have their fingerprints taken electronically. The fingerprint fee is $106.00 and the vendor can't charge any more or any less. Therefore, how can you say you offer free fingerprints when you can't do the fingerprints anymore, unless you are an authorized vendor. And if you are an authorized vendor, the $106.00 fee is the same for everyone.

54 months ago

lol i just think me n you are not understanding eachother ...i am saying that i give all my people the nys 8 hr package included with there pre 8 hr . so it makes it easier for them cause they dont have to go downtown to get it ....so let me re phrase that i include the package

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bj in Brooklyn, New York

54 months ago

I don't think this was an issue of not understanding each other. In the three comments you posted directly before I first responded, you used the terms "including fingerprints", "with fingerprints", "and fingerprinting". I'm glad that you did correct yourself to let people know that you can not fingerprint them.

54 months ago

ok i meant the package for the nys 8 hr and the fingerprint cards but i honestly was unaware of the 1/01/10 changes so im not even sure if the packlets i have now r even up to date i actually have to look into it now ....but i meant the package with the 2 sets of foingerprint cards ...do u know what i am refering too?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bj in Brooklyn, New York

54 months ago

If you go to the NYS Department of State homepage and click on the "Electronic Fingerprinting" icon, it explains the whole process. NYS has entered into a contract with a company named L-1 ENROLLMENT SERVICES to provide the electronic fingerprints. There are locations all over the state where the fingerprints can be taken. I believe alot of these locations are UPS stores and Minuteman Press stores because L-1 already had some type of business relationship with these entities. It adds an extra step to the application process now because instead of someone like yourself providing the fingerprint cards and rolling the inked prints, they now have to go to one of these sites for the electronic prints. They pay the $106.00 fingerprint fee at the fingerprint location and are issued a receipt. The completed application package now consists of the completed application, the 8-Hr. Pre-assignment certificate, the fingerprint receipt, and a $36.00 application fee to the NYS Department of State.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Staten King in Staten Island, New York

54 months ago

Its crazy when your trying to make a honest living.Why do we have go through all these obstacles,inorder to obtain a security Lic. You have B.S people that been in this profession for years, you think they would give the ins and outs? No. They just give you half ass B.S. Information,so they can keep it for them. People do your own research, Learn this B.S. game,because that's all it has become. Get info from true genuine people, that really have the facts. But make sure that you follow up on the info,that was passed on too you. And stop Hogging the spot light people, when comes to info. Share and it along.

Simon in Vincentown, New Jersey

54 months ago

I'm a resident of New Jersey, would i be able to get my NYS security license , or do i have to be a resident of NYS to get a license to work there?

importedjoe@optonline.net in Bronx, New York

53 months ago

Simon in Vincentown, New Jersey said: I'm a resident of New Jersey, would i be able to get my NYS security license , or do i have to be a resident of NYS to get a license to work there?

You do not need to be a resident of New York to get your security license in New York. I have several co-workers who live in New Jersey & Pennsylvania that have New York security guard licenses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

importedjoe@optonline.net in Bronx, New York

53 months ago

Staten King in Staten Island, New York said: Its crazy when your trying to make a honest living.Why do we have go through all these obstacles,inorder to obtain a security Lic. You have B.S people that been in this profession for years, you think they would give the ins and outs? No. They just give you half ass B.S. Information,so they can keep it for them. People do your own research, Learn this B.S. game,because that's all it has become. Get info from true genuine people, that really have the facts. But make sure that you follow up on the info,that was passed on too you. And stop Hogging the spot light people, when comes to info. Share and it along.

I don't know who you dealt with, but nobody has to jump through hopps to obtain simple information to obtain a security guard license. There are many security guard companies that will take care of that for you or you can simply look in the news paper where you will find schools to obtain this license.Just for the record though, not everybody is trying to stand in your way.You just need to observe people for who they are.

53 months ago

53 months ago

onpoint watchdog protection we certify with out the BS lol
make an appointment $25 for the 8hr

patricia in Bronx, New York

53 months ago

how would I be able to acquire training to become a security guard instructor. I would like to teach 8 and 16 hr security classes. my email is pmedinavelez@yahoo.com. Where can I take classes at here in nyc?

joeseriously in Massapequa, New York

53 months ago

you will pay $141.75 for the state fees and L1 services on top of the 8 and 16 hour courses, anyone saying otherwise is not telling the truth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

passionated22 in Bronx, New York

53 months ago

hey can someone please tell me where do i go to renew my security license or a web site i can go too

UrbanMason in Pikesville, Maryland

53 months ago

So i just sent out for my Security License, anyone know how long it will take for them to mail it back to me?

Security Instructor in New York, New York said: If you have your 8 and 16 hour courses, then the only thing that comes next is for you to apply for the security license. You have to send the following to the NYS Department of State:

- completed NYS application for security guard
- a set of your fingerprints
- an original copy of the 8 hour pre-assignment certificate
- $36.00 money order to NYS Department of State
- $105.75 money order to L-1 Enrollment Services (NYS's fingerprint vendor)
SEND EVERYTHING TO THE NYS DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Please note that until 12/31/09 there are two ways to have the fingerprints done. You can have the traditional inked fingerprints taken or you can go to a site operated by the State's fingerprint vendor, L-1 Enrollment Services, and have the fingerprints taken electronically. After 1/1/10 the fingerprints will have to be done electronically. Go to the Department of State web site for a link to L-1 Enrollment Services and their locations.

Felix maurent in jersey city, New Jersey

53 months ago

im trying to obtain a new York state security license but the problem here i got a felony charge from back in 1999 in another state like new jersey my??? is if i provide a disposition court house document stating i completed my time will they let me obtain the security license

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Felix maurent in jersey city, New Jersey

53 months ago

UrbanMason in Pikesville, Maryland said: So i just sent out for my Security License, anyone know how long it will take for them to mail it back to me?

3 TO 4 WEEKS SIR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

about a month.

53 months ago

onpoint watchdog protection in Howard Beach, New York said: lol i just think me n you are not understanding eachother ...i am saying that i give all my people the nys 8 hr package included with there pre 8 hr . so it makes it easier for them cause they dont have to go downtown to get it ....so let me re phrase that i include the package

how would i become an instructor for the 8/16 hr. security guard training classes?

aiden in Buffalo, New York

52 months ago

what if i have a license but i never completed my 8 hr annual in training? can i still get employment?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.