SECURITY GUARD LICENSE AND TRAINING IN NEW YORK

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 497)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

mark in Newark, New Jersey

50 months ago

i have my security license in the state of jersey but on of my neighbors said he can get me a job for security in ny. so how does that work, do i have to do the whole process over again.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Felix maurent in jersey city, New Jersey

50 months ago

yes you have to do everything all over again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lawrence in New York, New York

50 months ago

i just did my finger printing and sent out the info to obtain my license.im going out in a few days to look for a security job.can i still find a job even if i did not recieve my license or unique ID number?
thanks in advance

Justin in Lyndhurst, New Jersey

50 months ago

YoYO in Suffern, New York said: So you mean to tell me that this guy above with all this credentials have to start all over again? WOW!!!

yes.... i also worked armed security at a military base in alaska. we were trained with glock 9 mm, asp expandable baton, handcuffs, pepper spray, and unarmed defensive tactics. And all it counts for is experience.

Joblessssssss in Staten Island, New York

50 months ago

Hey i wanna get a security guard license somewhere in Staten Island New york.Can you give me good locations and prices nearbuy to get certified?

charles in New York, New York

49 months ago

you have to be carefull there are alot of scam places out there, but at the same time its mandatory that you have certifications. i got my armed special carry license through 1st security. I met with a manager outh there and his name was sydney knight and it was a very good experience. you can contact him at sydney@knightmgt.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

larry in Kew Gardens, New York

49 months ago

******people that live in queens ny******
you can get your free 8 and 16 hr certificates now
hurry fast because there are limited seating

thank me later

queens educational opportunity center
158-29 archer avenue
jamaica ny 11433

jay in Bronx, New York

49 months ago

how much does it cost to get a nys guard license??

volvyz in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

i got my license i need to get a job were do i need to call to get a job give me a number to call r location

siddshow in South Ozone Park, New York

49 months ago

charles in New York, New York said: you have to be carefull there are alot of scam places out there, but at the same time its mandatory that you have certifications. i got my armed special carry license through 1st security. I met with a manager outh there and his name was sydney knight and it was a very good experience. you can contact him at sydney@knightmgt.com

I was looking for approved security schools in NYC, but most of the places looked pretty shady....finally found this list of approved schools from the DCJS site.

criminaljustice.state.ny.us/ops/docs/sgtraining/pubs/sgpapprovedschls.pdf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

rikepsyc3 in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

How can a probation with a gun permit get a license to be a parttime security guard?

rikepsyc3 in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

How can a probation officer with a gun permit become a parttime security officer?

BkBenz09 in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

If i had a mistermeaner about 5 years ago but the judge said he whipped it off my record,does that in any way affect my chances of getting my security certification? i would appreciate it if someone could help me with my question...much thanks

Antoinette in Flushing, New York

49 months ago

I recieved my 8 hr along with my prints from REMS a few yrs back. I need 16 hr cert. now. Can I go back to them? Do I need to bring my prints as well? How much is this going to cost? Why wasn't I giving the 16 hr? I had paid a few hundred dollars as well. Confused in Queens, hummm

rico in Bronx, New York

49 months ago

im on a seriously tight budget i was wondering if there were any places where i can take the 8 and 16 hour classes for a cheap price or for free

fonsync in Flushing, New York

49 months ago

Does anyone Know What companies are hirng security officers without that ridiculous fee ...i havve my 8 hr n 16 hr fire guard anti terrorism plis contact me at fonsync2010@hotmail.com thank you

whitney in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

i was wondering how long does it take for your security licence to come in the mail. because i waited a month and it still didnt come

carlos in New York, New York

49 months ago

It can take three months to get your licsene in the mail>

Castiel in Jersey City, New Jersey

49 months ago

Im going to a place called "Security Operations" they are asking 99 dollars for the 8 hour class. With the claim that they only take the money if they have a position for you. I am not sure if this is a legit place, and I was wondering if anyone here as used or know of this company located on 2 east 42nd street?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

2 east 42 street is a scam they will charge you a lot of money fo just 8 and 16 hour

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Castiel in Jersey City, New Jersey

49 months ago

Yeah I figured it might be, thanks for the reply.

mjroberso@optimum.net in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

Can you tell me, If a security License and card is transferalbe to another State? I have a Job offer in california, Do I need to go thru all this again in that state? Thank You for any help.

Peter Da GR8T in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

MJ I have no idea as far Cali, but when I lived in Va. The company I was hired by paid for my licensing. It is actually a law down there where the hiring company pays for your licensing. What they do is either have the classes themselves (which was my situation) or send you to a licensing school. Either way they pay for it up front then take a little out of your check each pay period until its paid for. Your probably better off asking the hiring company yourself to get a more direct answer. Personally I gave up on the security racket up here in NY a while ago because that's exactly what it is. A BIG EFFIN RACKET! No regulation as far as the schooling. Gypsy like security companies/schools or what ever the hell you call them popping up everywhere and then disappearing like magic only to resurface under a diff name. It's a shame. But anyways GOOD LUCK, I hope it works out for you in Cali!

mjroberso@optimum.net in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

Thank You. You are Right. N.Y. has the most Rip Off places for Security Guard licences. You try to be above all of this. But, You know Money is the only thing to them. Not good Quality training. Thank You. I will call out and see what I can Do.

49 months ago

do any one knows in security companies that are hiring on the spot because i am looking for one and i didnt recieve my licensce in the mail yer

SecNYC in New York, New York

49 months ago

whitney in Brooklyn, New York said: do any one knows in security companies that are hiring on the spot because i am looking for one and i didnt recieve my licensce in the mail yer

Try IOKII they do Security products they are hiring.
www.iokii.com

ree ree in Chicago, Illinois

48 months ago

hello everyone, this do not have anything to do with security, but i need your help my husband just pass away 06/26/2010 at 230am. now im really in need of some assitance for paying my bills and in need of short term help for my rent. is there any num, or place i can go in the city of chicago that will help me, ASAP, please my friends i need your help, sign. lost and dont no where to go from here, thank you ree ree,

CARLOS124 in New York, New York

48 months ago

You Renew Your NYS Security Guard License?

Contact the New York State Department of State Licensing Division to request a renewal form. You will need the DOS 1246 Security Guard Renewal Application or the DOS 1410 Security Guard Renewal Application, Long Form. If you are not sure which form you are to complete, customer service will advise you when you contact them to request your form. You can reach them by telephone at or by email, regular mail, or through a local office.

Complete your second year of supplemental training if you have not already done so. As part of your original application, you agreed to complete an additional eight hours of in service training annually, plus eight hours of firearms training annually if you are an armed security guard. You must complete the first year's training within 12 months of your qualifying training and then every 12 months thereafter. You can obtain the training from the same source as your original training or another vendor. The New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services maintains a website with a list of approved schools for security guards (see Resources).

Complete the application. You will need to provide your name, address, license number and employment information. Sign the informed consent notice advising you that your photograph from the Department of Motor Vehicles will be used for your guard identification card. Answer the questions regarding any criminal offenses and your status as it pertains to child support.

Attach proof that you have completed the mandatory eight hours of in service training each year for the past two years and sign your application.
Include payment for the renewal fee, which is twenty-five dollars as of May 2010. Mail the entire packet to:

New York State Department of State
Division of Licensing Services

ms.i need a job in Brooklyn, New York

48 months ago

does any 1 know where i can get a real anti terrorism certifacation that is real cuz i dont want to get scam out of my money

hollis homeboy in Woodhaven, New York

48 months ago

if anyone wants to work as a security guard why not be a correction officer. for an essentially non-skilled job the pay is good. the city provides training and pays you to learn. don't give these agency parasites your hard earned money! yes, you have to pay for a good job - ONE DOLLAR FOR THE CHIEF NEWSPAPER AND ABOUT 60 BUCKS TO FILE FOR THE TEST! set your goals a little higher in life and maybe you can get somewhere!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kaystacks in Bronx, New York

48 months ago

how long does it take to receive my security guard license number?

CARLOS124 in New York, New York

48 months ago

In NYS it takes about 3 Months

Carlos124 in New York, New York

48 months ago

The Plaza Hotel is currently seeking an individual for the position of Security Officer who is consistently looking to go above and beyond the call of duty and is passionate about excellent service. Are you that person?

DUTIES:

-To enforce all security procedures and hotel policies to ensure the protection, comfort, and safety of all guests, patrons, and employees
- Able to write various reports, handle complaints, eject undesirables, respond to emergency situations, handle safety issues, provide excellent customer service skills and perform other various security-related procedures and enforce policies
-Perform property patrols observing, reporting, and correcting safety and security concerns.
-Respond to medical emergency calls and provide basic first aid
-Respond to fire emergency calls and provide evacuation and initial fire control measures.
-Respond to complaints and requests for assistance in accordance with departmental and corporate policies and procedures. Provide assistance to all scenes or liase with outside agencies to ensure that assistance is received.
- Provide reports through written documentation of all incidents, events and actions taken during the course of a shift.
-Check inventories and status of equipment/vehicles to ensure safe and effective operation.
- Administrative functions as related to the normal course of duties, i.e.: filing, report distribution photocopying, faxing, etc.
-Maintain confidentiality regarding any information or action required in the course of duties in accordance with corporate and legal requirements.
-Locking and unlocking doors in accordance with established schedules and ongoing monitoring of any change in status.
-Assist outside agencies as outlined in hotel policy, i.e.: hotel insurers, police, fire, ambulance and wardens.
-Contribute towards the goals and objectives of the department, hotel and corporation.
-Other related duties as assigned.
Job Requirements: REQUIREMENTS
-

Sevin in Brooklyn, New York

48 months ago

Good day. I acquired my 8 and 16hr from first security in 08. I attempted to receive copies of my certificates from them, but they said they cannot find my folder, and it is impossible. Is there another way to replace lost certificates?

curtjones in Forest Hills, New York

47 months ago

does anyone know of any companies that are hiring without having to pay those fees. I have my 8 hr and 16 hr certificate?

curtjones in Forest Hills, New York

47 months ago

anybody know a security company that will hire you with the 8 hr and 16 hr training cert. please email me at kclerzias@yahoo.com

bryan garcia in New York, New York

47 months ago

can someone send me information to get Security License. Thank you
BryanG1017@aol.com

sany in Rockville Centre, New York

47 months ago

bryan garcia in New York, New York said: can someone send me information to get Security License. Thank you
BryanG1017@aol.com

Bryan,
To get your license you must be certified with the proper training certificate first. Go to www.securityacademyofnewyork.blogspot.com
this sit will give you detail and correct info

47 months ago

Sevin in Brooklyn, New York said: Good day. I acquired my 8 and 16hr from first security in 08. I attempted to receive copies of my certificates from them, but they said they cannot find my folder, and it is impossible. Is there another way to replace lost certificates?

Sevin,

Send your question via e-mail to securityacademyny@gmail.com
They will give you good advice

47 months ago

rico in Bronx, New York said: im on a seriously tight budget i was wondering if there were any places where i can take the 8 and 16 hour classes for a cheap price or for free

Rico,

Check out www.securityacademyofnewyork.blogspot.com
They have great packages

Belowzero000 in Wading River, New York

47 months ago

i just sent in my application to Albany with all the neccessary paper work and fees. i wanted to know how long it takes to get your license from Albany now that they got my papers?

Frank

46 months ago

does anyone know if the 8 hour certificate course is given online? if so please give me infomation at sharank251@aol.com thank you

McBears in Brooklyn, New York

46 months ago

I do not know if the 8 hr is online, I never heard of that, as to the question of pay I never ever have received more than the minimum wage (Brooklyn NY) but I never complained because the building was easy, all elderly residents basically I was the cheaply paid version of a doorman and received free food from the cafeteria. The security field is horrible when it comes to pay.

NYSecurityGuardLicensing in Bloomingburg, New York

46 months ago

Joel montesino in New York, New York said: where can i get a security guard license where i have to go to get a nys application and also where do i go to get fingerprint include one nys/one federal. i don't have a driving license i have a learner permit or a security guard i have a high school diploma.
-As previously mentioned, the 8-hour pre-assignment course must be completed before licensing.
-within 90-days of beginning work, the 16-hour on-the-job training course must be completed.
-every year, beginning with the year after licensing, the 8-hour annual in-service course must be taken.

Check out our site for all the answers.

www.newyorksecurityguardlicensing.com

Kareen in Brooklyn, New York

46 months ago

mjroberson@optimum.net in Brooklyn, New York said: Can you please tell me where I can pick up a License application?. I asked on line with the State to mail me one, So far I have not gotten one. Is there a walk in location? Thank you for your help.

I just got my application to apply for my license.Just call 123 Williams st in Manhattan and they will mail it to you.Look up the # online thats where i got it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Asia in Scranton, Pennsylvania

46 months ago

hi everyone im new to this forum so bear with me: i have my 8hr and 16hr loss prevention and fire guard that i got from st. moritz in nyc i was told that there are a few companies that can help you pay for your security guard license but they take money out your check and i am fine with that does anyone know of any of these companies in nyc that are not scams thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

fabianp12 in Astoria, New York

46 months ago

where can i get the renewal form the DOS website doesnt allow you to print it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sharon in Mount Vernon, New York

45 months ago

I am in the process of completeing my training for security. I would like to get my pistol liscence as well, they want finger prints for each class , of $105.75 each, is there any way I can pay a one time fee ,or a cheaper fee for both$$.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Staten Island, New York

45 months ago

Sharon in Mount Vernon, New York said: I am in the process of completeing my training for security. I would like to get my pistol liscence as well, they want finger prints for each class , of $105.75 each, is there any way I can pay a one time fee ,or a cheaper fee for both$$.

Sharon, the 105.75 fee is for your fingerprinting.(www.L1enrollment.com) You will get 2 receipts showing the fee you paid. Keep one. Send the other receipt with your completed application, and a $36 money order to Albany. You should receive your license in 3-6 weeks (possibly longer).

lakisha in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

CARLOS124 in New York, New York said: I would like to thank all the person who contacted me to get more information on how to obtain their security licsene.
I want all of you to know that I love helping people out in any way possible, so don't be afraid to ask questions.
Contact me via Email

carlospadilla71@hotmail.com

hi carlos can you plz tell me how did u get your license for youe security job

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.