SECURITY GUARD TRAINING BOOKS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 57)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

tamasina in Pensacola, Florida

77 months ago

I AM GOING TO TAKE A CLASS TO GET MY SECURITY GUARD CLASS D LICENSE. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT IS THE BEST (MOST COMPLETE BOOK) I CAN GET SO I CAN STUDY FOR TEST? I'VE SEEN SEVERAL ON INTERNET BUT NOT SURE WHICH ONE WOULD BE MOST COMPLETE.

THANKS,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (249) / No (56) Reply - Report abuse

Nathan Musa in Taguig, Philippines

75 months ago

tamasina in Pensacola, Florida said: I AM GOING TO TAKE A CLASS TO GET MY SECURITY GUARD CLASS D LICENSE. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT IS THE BEST (MOST COMPLETE BOOK) I CAN GET SO I CAN STUDY FOR TEST? I'VE SEEN SEVERAL ON INTERNET BUT NOT SURE WHICH ONE WOULD BE MOST COMPLETE.

THANKS,

nathan musa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

mahesh chand in Anonymous Proxy

75 months ago

thanks for suggesting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ILisapesi Noa in Pago Pago, American Samoa

73 months ago

I am going to take security guard test next week,can you please tell me what the best way,I can get so ,I can study for test next week.

Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

mwuester@cfl.rr.com in Daytona Beach, Florida

72 months ago

i am trying to get a job in the security guard feild and i have just one question? can a person who has a felony(20+)years ago,nothing since.apply for a fla. lic. with this state and be approved?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

sue barton in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

what ever you do stay away from allied barton their pat rate is horrible itd 9-10 an hour ad there is very little chance for a woman to get promoted to any decent position . there account manager are two faced and liers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gigi in West Palm Beach, Florida

71 months ago

tamasina in Pensacola, Florida said: I AM GOING TO TAKE A CLASS TO GET MY SECURITY GUARD CLASS D LICENSE. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT IS THE BEST (MOST COMPLETE BOOK) I CAN GET SO I CAN STUDY FOR TEST? I'VE SEEN SEVERAL ON INTERNET BUT NOT SURE WHICH ONE WOULD BE MOST COMPLETE.

THANKS,

You do not need a book to study, when you go to get your class the teach you, you can not take a test only with reading the book, you need the certification, that you took the class. No need to study in Advance.
Passing 75%, easy, easy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

mwuester@cfl.rr.com in Daytona Beach, Florida said: i am trying to get a job in the security guard feild and i have just one question? can a person who has a felony(20+)years ago,nothing since.apply for a fla. lic. with this state and be approved?

To my knowledge, no, what kind of fellony, the investigation is vergy strong. The Checkup is up to more than 20 years. But try it. Good luck, if you are a dependable and decent person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

abdur rahman in Jackson Heights, New York said: i am 51 years old. i worked u s depart of commerce year 2004 .

bolaka staffing as a waitor year 2006. civ op patrol 114 queens . cert member volunteer oem. i would like to security guard or safe guard job airport or any gov building ,thankyou

You need first of all apply to a security company or government Company, like Homeland Security, the company decides which post or site you are going to work. Try hard, good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

sue barton in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: what ever you do stay away from allied barton their pat rate is horrible itd 9-10 an hour ad there is very little chance for a woman to get promoted to any decent position . there account manager are two faced and liers

How do you know, bless you, but this is true, I am with them I try since over a year to get some of my pay, only excusess, no payincrease in 3 years, without information, they lower your payrate, but it is not the name, this are the poeple who do the job in the office most of them not even have a college degree, never where working in the field properly. Try other companies. good luck and bless you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gertrude in West Palm Beach, Florida

71 months ago

mwuester@cfl.rr.com in Daytona Beach, Florida said: i am trying to get a job in the security guard feild and i have just one question? can a person who has a felony(20+)years ago,nothing since.apply for a fla. lic. with this state and be approved?

To my knowledge no, but there are some decissions, which are made by the investigation, so that you can receive the D-Lisence. Try it, if you are dependable, not sleeping on the job, not leaving your post, being polite, be honest, than you deserve it. Good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gertrude in West Palm Beach, Florida

71 months ago

THANKS,

When you attend the classes for several days you do not need to study, everything you need to know will be disgusted, than you take a test, 75% passing. Even if you are not fluent in english, help will be given to you. So dont worry, just sign up in a school for D-License. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Miker Brown

71 months ago

ILisapesi Noa in Pago Pago, American Samoa said: I am going to take security guard test next week,can you please tell me what the best way,I can get so ,I can study for test next week.

Thanks,

x

mwuester@cfl.rr.com in Hollywood, Florida

66 months ago

Have you thought of applying at a correctional facility?/ It might give you the edge you need because. Well, your past mistake can help you with the knowledge of that particular system of security? Just a thought. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

floridaflag in Stuart, Florida

65 months ago

mwuester@cfl.rr.com in Daytona Beach, Florida said: i am trying to get a job in the security guard feild and i have just one question? can a person who has a felony(20+)years ago,nothing since.apply for a fla. lic. with this state and be approved?[/yes you served justice as long as it is not a capital crime]

realdealnow in Glendale, Arizona

65 months ago

yes. A board exists in Arizona if that were the state you wanted to become a Security Guard in, that will look at your circumstances and grant approval. Each State may be different.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bryan Meck in Riverview, Florida

64 months ago

Ok it has been a few I got my class D years ago but last I remember guards could not falsely imprison people in means of lets say using two jeeps to block your car off at the end of a dead end road and tell you they won't move them until the cops get there mind you all over smoking one cigarette before you left the said road. I could have swore if the person was doing no harm and was compliant to leave the property everything was alright?

kkkiwi 2000 in Perth, Australia

60 months ago

escribe what steps i would take in a day to ensure i was correctly presented and fully prepared for work in security industry

Dinesh.Sura in Bombay, India

60 months ago

We are running a Academy for Security Guards, hence urgently need complete training Kit with all respects.

Mazincia Ductan in Pompano Beach, Florida

59 months ago

Sunshine Career Institute Security Officer Course A total of 40-hours of instruction for Class "D" license training are required by the State of Florida. However, the law permits this training to be divided into 24-hours of initial training and 16-hours of follow-up instruction. Application must be at least 18 years of age having no disqualifying criminal history, and be legally allowed to work in the United States. At the Sunshine Career Institute, we offer the initial 24-hours for $75.00, 16- hour for $65.00 or total 40- hour for $140.00 of Class "D" training over a period of two days of classroom instruction after which an exam is given. Passing student will receive a certificate of proof to provide to the state when they apply for D License. Training includes all information required by the State of Florida for initial license applicants, including: Florida State Statutes Section 493 • Legal Issues and Liabilities • Basic First Aid • Fire Suppression • Emergency Procedures • Crime & Accident Prevention • other required topics. For reapplying applicants, includes all information required by the State of Florida for officer continuation training including the new mandated terrorism awareness training. In addition to lesson instruction, at Sunshine Career Institute Inc, we ensure that every student’s license application is complete and filled out properly, applications are notarized, and free finger print card and passport photo are provided for our students. Students who have completed the initial 24 hour program must return within six months to complete the 16-hour continuation training to retain their license at a cost of $65.00. Students passing the final 16 hour exam will be given proof of completion to provide to the State of Florida as required to maintain their Class "D" license. NOTE: Those with an expired license who completed their initial 24 hour course after October 1994, but never Sunshine Career Institute Armed Security Officer Course Class "G" licen

59 months ago

trainingsecurity guard patrol servicesguard traininga security guardsecurity guard businesssecurity guards jobssecurity guard testsecurity guardingsecurity guard certificatesecurity guard educationsecurity job trainingsecurity licence trainingtraining for securitysecurity armed trainingsecurity jobs trainingsecurity training uksecurity guard paysecurity officers trainingsecurity patrol trainingsecurity company trainingsecurity training companiessecurity training servicessecurity gaurd trainingsecurity training in uksecurity training scotlandsecurity guard unionsecurity companybecome security guardsecurity guard firmsecurity guard classessecurity training programsecurity management trainingsecurity agenciesbodyguard trainingsecurity guard job descriptionsecurity coursesecurity coursessecurity guard agenciesprivate investigator trainingsecurity contractor trainingarmed security jobsarmed guardssecurity officer jobssecurity patrolarmed guardsecurity patrol servicesecurity patrol servicessecurity officer jobprivate security guardsecurity officer schooljobs in securitybodyguardssecurity training centreguard jobssecurity managementbsis guard cardsecurity guard resumebody guard securitycctv trainingbody guardbuilding security servicesbodyguard servicesbodyguardmarine security guardsecurity guard vacancies

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

whatever in Lake Worth, Florida

59 months ago

sue barton in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: what ever you do stay away from allied barton their pat rate is horrible itd 9-10 an hour ad there is very little chance for a woman to get promoted to any decent position . there account manager are two faced and liers

I do agree, I have been with them 21/2 years, but it is only if you care for someone, women to man, man to women you will get an account manager of branch manager job.
Even after working about 100 hrs a week, from one site to the other, no sleep, falling asleep driving, they are liers, when they need you, they say your are the best, as soon as you get in a working accident, and even since you did not want to get workmans comp, but became very sick, broken lower back, nobody will do anything for you, no return call, even if you call the office 20 times, the only way you can complain is the main office in pennsylvania. The work you until you can no more, and than they will not get you a job anymore after you recuperatet, in the internet, advertised, armed/unarmed officer, I am an armed officer, when you call they do not have anything, the advertisement is just show, they are loosing to many sites, because the Districtmanager does not know what she is doing. I had many hours not paid, or was not given the right pay, I will never advise anyone to work for them.

whatever in Lake Worth, Florida

59 months ago

Gigi in West Palm Beach, Florida said: You do not need a book to study, when you go to get your class the teach you, you can not take a test only with reading the book, you need the certification, that you took the class. No need to study in Advance.
Passing 75%, easy, easy.

Yes, the statement before is right, you need to attend a Security Class to get a D License, you will be tought for the test you are taking, so dont confuse yourself, with a book, it want do you any good, I have been in security many years, so dont waste your time with studying in advance.

Godisgood in Ormond Beach, Florida

59 months ago

Gigi in West Palm Beach, Florida said: To my knowledge, no, what kind of fellony, the investigation is vergy strong. The Checkup is up to more than 20 years. But try it. Good luck, if you are a dependable and decent person.

Thank you for this info
also if there was a misdemenor but was anulled/dismissed should be able to get lisence class D?

59 months ago

mwuester@cfl.rr.com in Hollywood, Florida said: Have you thought of applying at a correctional facility?/ It might give you the edge you need because. Well, your past mistake can help you with the knowledge of that particular system of security? Just a thought. Good luck

Thank you for your info
also if there was a misdemeanor but was anulled/dismissed should be able to get lisence class D?
Thanks much for your reply

59 months ago

Thank you
is your reply about my posting?
yes understand have experience need to protect people and observe the Lord's law
but needed to find out about the checks they do for the license ?
Thanks !!

58 months ago

Gigi in West Palm Beach, Florida said: To my knowledge, no, what kind of fellony, the investigation is vergy strong. The Checkup is up to more than 20 years. But try it. Good luck, if you are a dependable and decent person.

WHAT about if there was misdemeanor 24 years and 30 years ago?
Can still get the class D license?
THANKS

58 months ago

WHAT about if there was misdemeanor 24 years and 30+ years ago?
Can still get the class D license?
THANKS

58 months ago

Florida department of agriculture make decisions on case by case basis. I have see a lot of tudent get there license even thought they have a misdemeanor. But you need to tell the truth on your application . And it will take a little bit more time for the state to process your application.

Sunshine career institute
6862 w Atlantic blvd
margate Florida 33063

58 months ago

THANK you for the info
and but meanwhile I would get the blue card
and then they check like 30 days to get the license?
and if I have paper from court about dismissed case
is good too to show?
Thanks !

Diane in Brooklyn, New York

58 months ago

YOU SHOULD NOT GAVE ANY FALSE STATEMENTS TO RECEIVE ANY LEGAL JOB
SO WAIT, OR TAKE YOUR TIME..

58 months ago

If you have any record anytime, you will not receive a blue card for temorary work.
If you lies in your application you will have a blue card, but I will not suggest you to lies on state
application. Just tell the truth and wait for your license.

Sunshine career institute

58 months ago

NO YOU SHOULD NOT TRY FOR ANY SECURITY LAW ENFORCEMENT.
BUT CORPORATE SECURITY, SHOP SECURITY GUARD. AND WAIT
FOR MORE OTHERS THAT CAN AJUST TO CHURCH BEDS HOUSING.

58 months ago

You mean if had record in CA 30 years ago
and disclose it
they could still give blue card
until investigate all
what about mental illness do they see that?
have no problem with it
but had in past
Thanks much

58 months ago

all persons rebellionist should not apply

58 months ago

Thanks
no no
child abuse any like that or taxes
but on disability
they can not discriminate about that
Thanks

58 months ago

Thanks
for sure not giving false statements
have nothing pending againts me

DIANE ROBINSON in Brooklyn, New York

58 months ago

NO NO IS LAWFUL AND RIGHT, YOU SHOULD NOT LET THE EMPLOYER DISCRIMINATE, AGAINST YOU IF YOU ARE DISABLE, IF YOU CAN
DO THE PHYSICAL SECURITY JOB THAN YOU CAN DOCUMENT THE
WORKING BODY, OF COMPANY POLICIES AND REGULATIONS THEN
THE EMPLOYER WILL HIRE YOU IF HIS EXPENSE IS NOT MORE
THAN THE OTHER PERSON.If you are gainful employment before
the other hires but not if you are envying his workers already
hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

whatever in West Palm Beach, Florida

57 months ago

There is nothing to study about. You are having a class, and that is what your test is going to be about, so relax, if you can understand the question, you are going to be fine.

Sonni in Santa Ana, California

55 months ago

I known a person who is disable, who also receive money from the government for being disable. This person want to take a security guard course to receive a security card. This person will only use the security card to volunteer at a church, which only require 1 hour of securing a safe environment for church goers. Will getting the security card violate him from receiving money for being disable hence, he only receiving this particular money, because he can no longer work or do heavy duty labor.

55 months ago

It is ok if he is disabled to work jsut can not make over the et amount per months like 950.--
so working one hour or day,no problem,as long as works PT

55 months ago

Godisgood in Ormond Beach, Florida said: It is ok if he is disabled to work jsut can not make over the et amount per months like 950.--
so working one hour or day,no problem,as long as works PT

Thank you, the person only work one day a week and for only one hour, sorry to ask further question, since the person only working one day a week as a volunteer without pay, it will not affect the person disabilities benefits?

55 months ago

No it will not affect it
and specially when is only volunteering!
It is only when you work and make over 950.-- something like that
Don't worry please !
Keep the Faith,do the work for the Lord (volunteering)
:)

55 months ago

Godisgood in Ormond Beach, Florida said: No it will not affect it
and specially when is only volunteering!
It is only when you work and make over 950.-- something like that
Don't worry please !
Keep the Faith,do the work for the Lord (volunteering)
:)

I would just like to say thank you for all you input, it really help!

55 months ago

I am glad it did !!
Rejoice
God is good.
have a blessed Day

Johnny in Santa Ana, California

55 months ago

I am wondering, do you get taser if you take the taser course to be certified to hold a taser?

Dillion in Sarasota, Florida

55 months ago

How easy is it to pass the test?

LUISMART in New York, New York

54 months ago

I got 2 misdemeanor in 2008, one was 14 years ago but sentence in 2008 with 3 years probation and the other one same year sentence 5 days comunity service, can I apply for security LIC ?

matt in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

50 months ago

The big question is: Where you convicted of this crime? You will probably get if adjudication was witheld. I am an instructor and I notice people with multi felonies in m class.

bawo in Apo

48 months ago

hi..im jes security guard ..but no have license ..how can i get a training to get a security guard license ..what is the requirements for training a security guard.pleas reply my comment..tanks you>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.