Where can I get a guard card?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 98)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Randy in Hemet, California

83 months ago

In S. Cal looking for a school that offers the training for a guard card.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (470) / No (83) Reply - Report abuse

Darrell in Victorville, California

82 months ago

I would like my guard card

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (168) / No (43) Reply - Report abuse

Randy in Hemet, California

82 months ago

Darrell in Victorville, California said: 979

I too was looking for an outlet to get my guard card. Most security companies do an in house trainging. good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (80) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

seanda in Oakland, California

81 months ago

How can I go about getting my guard card so I can get a security job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (262) / No (46) Reply - Report abuse

Dustin in Hesperia, California

81 months ago

any of you guys in the High Desert area recommend a specific agancy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (90) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

Alice Doherty in Neptune, New Jersey

80 months ago

Iam looking for a class that is giving a SORE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Richard Williams in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

Can I get a State Guard Card in Pennsylvania? if not where at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (75) / No (40) Reply - Report abuse

Ozzie Morrow in Los Angeles, California

79 months ago

I am looking for a guard where do I get one how much are they

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

John in Garden Grove, California

79 months ago

Darrell in Victorville, California said: I would like my guard card

Burbank Firing-Line located at 106 N. Lake Street on tuesday 12:00 PM or 6:00 PM and Saturday at 3:00 PM they have class, all you need to do is just show up, call 562.500.3633 to talk to the instructor..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

John in Garden Grove, California

79 months ago

Ozzie Morrow in Los Angeles, California said: I am looking for a guard where do I get one how much are they

Burbak Firing-Line Indoor Range, 1060 n. Lake Street - just off the 5 fwy and Burbank Blvd. Tuesday 12:00 PM or 6:00 PM and Saturday 3:00 PM.. $60 r 8 hour class and $300 for the 40 hour class and they include the pepper spray for free with the 4 hour class..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jim Bowen in Los Angeles, California

77 months ago

At AKI Security Training Center we help students all over the country to get their California Guard card. You can visit our website at www.firearms-training.info for the costs both class and state fees. There is little to nothing up in your area, the airport up there flew us in two times to do the class for all their security guards. Burbank Firing-Line is our closest facility to you.
Hope to see you on a Saturday or Tuesday at Burbank

Jim Bowen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

pancho in Rancho Cucamonga, California

77 months ago

where can i get a guard card in or near rancho cucamonga

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

John in Long Beach, California

77 months ago

Thank you; for contacting us regarding Security Guard training, please check our monthly specials (firearms-training.info/guardclassstatefees.html) and the location close to you. - Please look at our website for a facility close to you; we have the day/times listed, www.firearms-training.info

For the Guard Card, the BSIS (Bureau of Security and Investigative Services) requires people to have 40-hrs training to assure the quality performance while they are on posts. However, in order to apply for a Guard Card:

You need to complete the first 8 hrs (of 40 hrs) ($60.00). It also depends on how fast you read the book. Average people finished within 4-5 hrs. In this course we summarize 40 hours for you, so when you receive a guard card, you know how to perform your job better

If you plan to have a Firearm permit ($80.00 + Ammunition $24.00 - $30.00), you should do at the same time with the 8-hrs Power-to-Arrest, because you pay only one Live Scan for both applications.

Jim Bowen
Cell: 562-500-363

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Emma in Victorville, California

76 months ago

Try Securitas Security USa, Inc located at 14318 California Ave

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Waune Johnson in Irvine, Kentucky

75 months ago

How do I obtain a Security Guard card in Ky?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Jacinto Vera in West Covina, California

74 months ago

John in Long Beach, California said: Thank you; for contacting us regarding Security Guard training, please check our monthly specials ( firearms-training.info/guardclassstatefees.html ) and the location close to you. - Please look at our website for a facility close to you; we have the day/times listed, www.firearms-training.info

For the Guard Card, the BSIS (Bureau of Security and Investigative Services) requires people to have 40-hrs training to assure the quality performance while they are on posts. However, in order to apply for a Guard Card:

You need to complete the first 8 hrs (of 40 hrs) ($60.00). It also depends on how fast you read the book. Average people finished within 4-5 hrs. In this course we summarize 40 hours for you, so when you receive a guard card, you know how to perform your job better

If you plan to have a Firearm permit ($80.00 + Ammunition $24.00 - $30.00), you should do at the same time with the 8-hrs Power-to-Arrest, because you pay only one Live Scan for both applications.

Jim Bowen

I would like to get my guard card. a.s.a.p.my name is Jacinto Vera

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

lisa

74 months ago

my employer american star let me study at the job and let me work off the money for the guard card while i worked at the same time eureka ca american star

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lisa

74 months ago

try sectuas for a guard card there all over ca and i think some where in san berndino ca has where you can get a guard card

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

lisa

74 months ago

mine was $200 and all i did was like read 12 books and go over some questions and tests easy super easy tests

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Visit www.firearms-training.info or www.california-guard-card.com and get the real answers to your questions. There are locations are in Huntington Beach, Burbank, and Northridge. They also have free job placement for their students as well. They are EDD and BSIS certified, only 2 facilities in California are EDD certified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

lisa said: mine was $200 and all i did was like read 12 books and go over some questions and tests easy super easy tests

Thank you; for contacting us regarding Security Guard training, please check our monthly specials (firearms-training.info/guardclassstatefees.html) and the location close to you. - Please look at our website for a facility close to you; we have the day/times listed, www.firearms-training.info

Jim Bowen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anthony g in Los Angeles, California

73 months ago

Darrell in Victorville, California said: I would like my guard card

Darrell I used this web site is cheap and you can complete your guard classes online, really convenient!

guardcardnow.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

arturo cuin in Monterey, California

73 months ago

how do i get my guard card by salinas ca

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

clemmon griffin in Moncks Corner, South Carolina

72 months ago

seanda in Oakland, California said: How can I go about getting my guard card so I can get a security job.

how can i get my card and how long is tranning take

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

clemmon griffin in Moncks Corner, South Carolina

72 months ago

i would love to become a security guard but how can i get started and how long is tranning take.i live in charleston south carolina and my emale is clemmongriffin@yahoo.com can you help me please.thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony g in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

# To obtain your California Guard Card, you need to complete the following steps:
# Complete both the Powers to Arrest Course (4hours) and the Weapons of Mass Destruction Course (4 hours). Pass the online final exam with a 100% score.
# Submit your fingerprints via Live Scan.
# Complete the Security Guard Registration Form.
# You will be mailed a copy of your training certificate once you complete the online training course.
# California Department Of Consumer Affairs' BSIS will mail you your California Guard Card once everything has been processed. Usually takes ABOUT 4-6 weeks, however you may begin working as soon as your license appears on the state's web site

the Powers to Arrest Course and the Weapons of Mass Destruction Course are offered online at WWW.GuardCardNow.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jorge Martinez in Walnut Creek, California

71 months ago

In walnut creek, ca i recomend STATEWIDE PROTECTION AGENCY,(www.statewideprotectionagency.com They are really cool and helpfull they helped me get my guard card and they even help u find a job if you need to.

steps you need to follow to get a guard card:
1.- Get the 8 hour training and pass the 45 question test (easy if you put attention to class)$70.00
2.- Pay LiveScan $71.00
3.- Register and pay for license at dca.ca.gov. $51.00
4.- ALLOW 10 DAYS FOR THEM TO CLEAR YOUR LICENSE AND GET A JOB.
5.- once you get a job ask your employer about getting the 16 hour training you only have 30 days after your license was aproved. after completion of 16 hour training you have another 6 months to complete the othe 16 hours.

good luck if u have more questions email me: arthurcmartinez@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Natl. Security Enforcement Training CTR.

71 months ago

California Guard Card and Security Officer, Bodyguard, Security License training anywhere in California as long as you have access to the INTERNET you can complete the State approved, license and required training at the National Security Enforcement Training Center website from anywhere (www.nsetc.com) They are the fastest way to get your guard card. I got approved in less than a week. They are always helpful via email and over the phone 24/7. They have job placement and guarantee to be the most affordable training method. Trust I did the research and they were. They say they have low prices because they make up for it in recommendations.

steps you need to follow to get a guard card:
1.- Get the 8 hour training and pass the 45 question test (easy if you put attention to class)$49.99
2.- Pay LiveScan $61.00
3.- Register and pay for license at dca.ca.gov. $51.00
4.- ALLOW 10 DAYS FOR THEM TO CLEAR YOUR LICENSE AND GET A JOB.
5.- once you get a job ask your employer about getting the 16 hour training you only have 30 days after your license was approved. after completion of 16 hour training you have another 6 months to complete the other 16 hours.

If you have questions email them at: ss@NSETC.COM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

California Guard Card in Pasadena, California

71 months ago

Thank you; for contacting us regarding Security Guard training, please check our monthly specials (firearms-training.info/guardclassstatefees.html) and the location close to you, the time and days are listed for each facility www.California-Security-Guard.com . No appointment need, come in on the day and time listed on the website for the facility close to you..

- Please look at our website for a facility close to you; we have the day/times listed.
- We have qualified instructors (BSIS - BPPVE - NRA)
- We have firearms courses that can help you obtain a firearms permit.
- We have Job-Opportunity Info for those who want to work after having a valid license.

- You need to complete the first 8 hrs (of 40 hrs) ($60.00). It also depends on how fast you read the book. Average people finished within 5-6 hrs. In this course we summarize 8 hours for you, so when you receive a guard card, you know how to perform your job better.
- You will do the Live Scan (service fee $10-$22) and submit $51.00 to the scan operator for the FBI and DOJ for your background check.
- Send $50.00 license fee to the BSIS so they can issue the license directly to the address you provide.

If you plan to have a Firearm permit ($80.00 + Ammunition $30.00 - $35.00), you should do at the same time with the 8-hrs Power-to-Arrest, because you pay only one Live Scan for both applications. For the Firearm permit, you need to add $80.00 license fee together with the applications.

In short, the total costs:
- For the Guard Card only: 8-hrs Power-to-Arrest ($60) + Live Scan ($51 & Service fee $17) + License fee ($50) à approximately $180.00
- For the Guard Card and Firearms: 8-hrs Power-to-Arrest ($60) + Live Scan ($51 + $38 Fir

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

GCN in Los Angeles, California

71 months ago

Randy in Hemet, California said: In S. Cal looking for a school that offers the training for a guard card.

If you are in the Inland Empire Area the place to go for ALL of your Security Training is Guard Card Now (www.GuardCardNow.com). They offer classes for California Security Guard Card, Exposed Firearms, Module Training, CPR/AED/First Aid, Etc... Anything you could need. They also have their own Live Scan machine on-site.

Guard Card Now seems to be fair on their prices, plus very friendly staff.

If you are in the LA area, there is the AKI Security Training. Make sure you ask for the instructor Jim B. He KNOWS his stuff! Good guy!! Priced right, I have taken a few of his NRA classes, and he is very helpful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

At AKI Security Training Center we help students all over the country to get their California Guard card. You can visit our website at www.firearms-training.info for the cost both class, state fees and the day and times for each facility. We also have the Burbank, Huntington Beach and Northridge Firing-Line Indoor Ranges as well..

Jim Bowen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

frank hughes in Hamilton, Ohio

70 months ago

The problem is that if you live in Ohio per say you can not use a California Guard Card. And it’s not transferable nor is it recognized. I live in Ohio and the law does not require “training” just experience of a total of 4, 000 hours. Unless you live in CA that’s the only state I know that provides online testing and once you complete you get a card.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dave

67 months ago

I live in the high desert in California. I need to gain 32 hours of additional training. With 16 hours being mandatory state training and the other 16 hours being elective course training. Also I am looking to get my weaons permits as well. Any recomendations as to where I can obtain this training? Also what security companies are good to work for. As in benifits, job opportunities and advancement? Thanks for your time and help.
Dave

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

GCN Admin in Norco, California

67 months ago

Dave said: I live in the high desert in California. I need to gain 32 hours of additional training. With 16 hours being mandatory state training and the other 16 hours being elective course training. Also I am looking to get my weaons permits as well. Any recomendations as to where I can obtain this training? Also what security companies are good to work for. As in benifits, job opportunities and advancement? Thanks for your time and help.
Dave

Dave,

Check out GuardCardNow.com they offer training in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. Prices class schedule is on their website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

California Guard Card in Gilbert, Arizona

67 months ago

GCN Admin in Norco, California said: Dave,

Check out GuardCardNow.com they offer training in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. Prices class schedule is on their website.

The Firing-Line in Burbank has training on Tuesday 12:00 PM and Saturday 3:00 PM, their address is 1060 N. Lake Street, Burbank CA. they have it on a CD (PDF format) that you can do at home on your computer. Instructor: Jim Bowen website: www.California-Security-Guard.com

Price is good too..

Jim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

diamond593et in Victorville, California

67 months ago

Try price's academy in apple valley. For more info email me at diamond593et@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Huntington Beach, California

67 months ago

Burbank-Firing Line
1060 N. Lake Street
Burbank, CA

www.Firearms-Training.info

Dale Downs in Indio, California

67 months ago

My CA Guard was stolen a couple of months ago. I filled out the form for a replacement card and sent the check for $10.00 to the agency in Sacramento. My check cleared the bank on April 2nd 2009 but I have not received anything from Sacramento yet. What is your advice?

67 months ago

Call the BSIS (this forum will not let me post the number) and ask them what the status is, they will need your social sceurity number.

Jim Bowen
Security Training Center
www.Guard-Card.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

National Security Enforcement TC in Cypress, California

66 months ago

Get you guardcard from www.nsetc.com, you can complete the course required either in person or online anywhere in the world. Call nsetc.com or email them at ss@nsetc.com Check out their website.

66 months ago

National Security Enforcement Training Center offers the required training both from the comfort of your own home and schedule or in-person is the Los Angeles and Orange County areas. Get trained and get a hired faster.

California Guard Card in Los Angeles, California

66 months ago

The Firing-Line in Burbank has training on Tuesday 12:00 PM and Saturday 3:00 PM, their address is 1060 N. Lake Street, Burbank CA. they have it on a CD (PDF format) that you can do at home on your computer. Instructor: Jim Bowen website: www.California-Security-Guard.com

Price is good too..

Jim

66 months ago

The National Security Enforcement Training Center is state of the art certified training facility which provides State mandated training to obtain or maintain your California Guardcard. Get trained to obtain an exposed firearms permit, chemical spray permit, taser certified, baton permit, or save a life by getting CPR/A.E.D. trained both Red Cross and American Heart Association. Our instructors are either active police officers or military trained that work in private security sector. We don't just talk the talk, we walk the walk. Our instructors have used the Taser gun on real life suspects, have used chemical sprays in real life situations, used the baton on combative suspects, and have even shot suspects and or been shot by a suspect with REAL bullets. This is the real deal, it takes someone in the business to teach the business! We can even teach you how to start your own security company/ start a California PPO. Visit us at our Southern California/Orange County location: 5252 Orange Ave, Suite 201A, Cypress, CA 90630 7 days a week 10am-5pm or on the internet at www.nsetc.com

Calls us anytime, we are here to help you get trained and working ASAP. Get a guard card fast with our ONLINE guard card training. We offer payment plans! We are still the most affordable training facility in the State.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Mike,

Chief Instructor

National Security Enforcement Training Center

5252 Orange Ave Suite 201A? Cypress, CA 90630

Email: ss@nsetc.com

We are licensed and approved by the State of California, Department of Consumer Affairs, Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS)

Instructor license: TIF 1884

Facility License: TFF 1200

Verify our State license at: www.bsis.ca.gov/online_services/verify_license.shtml

Tony345 in Los Angeles, California

66 months ago

Try Metroguard Usa Inc. call them they might be able to help they told me what to do and helped me get my guard card and now i am even employed. call them

66 months ago

At AKI Security Training Center and Security Training Center we help students all over the country to get their California Guard card and we don't stop there. You can visit our website at www.firearms-training.info for the cost both class, state fees and the day and times for each facility. We also have the Burbank, Huntington Beach and Northridge Firing-Line Indoor Ranges as well. We have no hidden cost, don't be confused by those complete guard card classes ($60) - ASK if it includes ALL 40 hours if they say complete. AKI Security Training Center is certified by the Califronia Unemployment Department for retaining, there are only 2 facilities in California - the rest do not qualify, they don't meet the high standards required for this certification.

NSETC.com in Cypress, California

66 months ago

At the National Security Enforcement Training Center we don't do the bate and switch. Other training facilities will give one price over the phone or on their website, and then when you get to their place they will surprise with hidden fees! They reel you in with a low course price but then push their live-scan services, then they offer to submit the application for you for a lot more than you would be paying if you got the services elsewhere. NSETC.com only provides the guard card courses required. We recommend you do the steps yourself. At our location you can walk right across the street to the police station and get LIVESCANNED(FINGERPRINTED) most private livescan locations charge a lot more than public livescan centers such as Police and Sheriffs Departments. Don't fooled NSETC is here to help you save money, get the best training, and help place you in a top paying security position.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Mike,

Chief Instructor

National Security Enforcement Training Center

5252 Orange Ave Suite 201A? Cypress, CA 90630

Email: ss@nsetc.com

We are licensed and approved by the State of California, Department of Consumer Affairs, Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS)

Instructor license: TIF 1884

Facility License: TFF 1200

Verify our State license at: www.bsis.ca.gov/online_services/verify_license.shtml

itsnt4me in Concord, California

65 months ago

Anyone know anything about TRG in Stockton CA? I was thinking about taking their 40 hour guard course and their firearms license course. Their prices seem reasonable. Thanks.

denise b. in Long Beach, California

62 months ago

i recently lost my guard card and need a replacement , what is the cost for a replacement card and address ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Firing-Line Indoor Range in Huntington Beach, California

62 months ago

You can get the form from the BSIS for a replacement of a lost Guard Card, it cost $10 and takes a few weeks, until then print out your number frome the BSIS website. Do verify a license for security guard and put in your name.. Call me for more information if you need it or come into the Firing-Line on Monday at 6:00 PM or Thursday 12:00 PM.

Jim
www.firing-line.com

JJ in Glendale, California

61 months ago

Randy in Hemet, California said: In S. Cal looking for a school that offers the training for a guard card.

I received my trainings at Precision in Chino. The instructor, Dean, is BSIS Certified and has over 20 years of law Enforcement, military, and investigative background. Dean also knows how to engage with his students and make the serious class a lot of fun and easy to learn.
Check it out. precisionsecuritytraining.com/

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.