How to start a security company

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 403)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

ronald wilbert in Lancaster, California

77 months ago

Thank you for respond so quicky. what I need is where can I get the test for security license (OP License) I need to this first before I can go into business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bruce Zuest in El Dorado, California

77 months ago

Ronald- please start at the bureau of security and investigative services(BSIS) web site under the Dept of Consumer Affairs under the State of Calif site. Just google all this and you can download the PPO exam info and register to take the exam when you meet their requirements. The test is not that difficult if you know the laws and have worked as a security officer in calif and have your guard card - if you have never worked as a security officer in Calif before then you need to research that first and consider investing in becoming one and getting a little experience there while studying and researching for the PPO exam. I have a friend on the calif BSIS disciplinary review board and a few that have taken the PPO exam and are running their own companies as well. I am a former PI Qualified Manager and I have been licensed as a Security Officer since 1992. I have been a guard co manager and VP since 1995 so I can help you a little. Research and networking with others doing what you want to do is key- look up a local ASIS International Chapter in your area- should be one in SOCAL you can link up with and ask for help as well. Please see www.asisonline.org for more info on finding a chapter. Good luck,Bruce Zuest, CPP www.securitycoachonline.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

D.Reeder in Temecula, California said: Bruce thank you so much for the quick reply, Do I need to get my private patrol operator license before I actually apply for my business license? how does that work, I would love to work with anyone who could lead me in the right direction step by step that would be greatly appreciated.

D. Reeder- I hope Exec 3000 in Perris - Lake Elsinore is helping you out. I would recommend getting your PPO before getting a bus lic in any area you are working in. SOme counties and Cities require different licensing. I got my start in security in Moreno Valley, Perris and Temecula! Please let me know if you need another opinion. Bruce, Sacramento Area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Thank you so much and please keep me inform of thing that might help me, I am trying to get in business before 4 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

big L in Baltimore, Maryland

77 months ago

I have to compliment on your new site, its worded well and offers a lot of services, services that we can really use here in Baltimore,Maryland. I love what you said about the pay and the turn over rate, something I have been saying for a long time. In a nut shell "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR". If you ever branch up this way and need a lead guy look me up, I have almost a decade of experience in law enforcement and security with standard and specialized training in both. I also have the following:

A maryland unrestricted gun permit
A maryland guard card
Trained in CPR/AED,FIRST AID
GSA certified

I am currently working at a federal building, and if I don't hear from you have much success and a great life. bigl1515@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mac in Jacksonville, Florida

77 months ago

email me at macsdream@hotmail.com i can be your partner

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mac in Jacksonville, Florida

77 months ago

email me macsdream@hotmail.com

FTS in Lake Worth, Florida

77 months ago

Mr. macsdream@hotmail.com

Who is it you want to be partners with? You want someone to e-mail you but you didn't direct it to anyone. Also, what are your qualifications and what could you offer an agency? If you want to be part of any agency, you need to state why and what if anything you bring to the table.

Tell us why you should be considered as a partner for any agency insted of an employee.

77 months ago

I sorry but I wasting the one who was asking to join up with a partner , I am asking if someone can help me or point me in the right direction to start a security guard company.

ron in Hollywood, Florida

76 months ago

Jim Canning in Lake Worth, Florida said: I am from the PA/NY border near Elmira NY. I am currently in Florida where I have started a armed security company. I am looking to also open a office in in NY. contact me at federatedtacticalsecurity@comcast.net[/QUO

I DON'T NO HOW OLD THIS MESSAGE IS BUT I HAVE JUST STARTED MY OWN SECURITY COMPANY AS WELL. THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING IS LANDING A CONTRACT. I PURCHASED A CONTRACT FINDER FOR 500.00 B UT THESE COMPANIES WANT A EXPERINCE COMPANY SECURING THEIR ORGANIZATION. ANY SUGGESTIONS

Jim Canning in Lake Worth, Florida

76 months ago

ron in Hollywood, Florida said:

Even though your not too far from me, I'll give you some advice on getting contracts. First, don't pay for any more contract finder programs. If you can I would get your money back.

Go to my site, www.federatedtacticalsecurity.com

call me in the afternoon on Saturday, and I'll speak with you.

James Canning
Federated Tactical Security, LLC.
West Palm Beach, Fl.

Jim Canning in Lake Worth, Florida

76 months ago

ron in Hollywood, Florida said:

What is the name of your company?

David VAzquez in Pocono Summit, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

patriot_114 in Omak, Washington said: Looking to start a private security/military company in north central Washington state. Any info on how to get started would be greatly appreciated.

Looking to network

macsdream

76 months ago

to fts in lake worth email.me and find 24 + years of experience. in law enforcment,security, management.

76 months ago

macsdream, please visit our web site at www.federatedtacticalsecurity.com Submit your resume along with a copy of your DD-214 showing military service.

Your resume will be reviewed and you will be contacted when a position arrises that would fit your background. At this time we have a large number of resumes from officers with extensive military and law enforcement backgrounds.

Thank You

J. Canning

San in Fremont, California

76 months ago

Hi All,

very impressed and very much interested in starting up my own security company. before i start up with i have 0 knowledge but wanted to ask and help from you guys. i saw there are couple of websites and advices but still i wanted to ask.

where to start and what are the qualification to start the company and what kind of budget and investment we are looking here.

please do guide and reply i am a student and don't have any degree yet nor any education.

Thanks Indeed.com

smileface214@yahoo.com

San in Fremont, California

76 months ago

i am in California state living in Bay area.

76 months ago

San in Fremont, California said: Hi All,

very impressed and very much interested in starting up my own security company. before i start up with i have 0 knowledge but wanted to ask and help from you guys. i saw there are couple of websites and advices but still i wanted to ask.

where to start and what are the qualification to start the company and what kind of budget and investment we are looking here.

please do guide and reply i am a student and don't have any degree yet nor any education.

Thanks Indeed.com

smileface214@yahoo.com

You stated you want to start a security company, but have "0" knowledge. I would suggest that you first check out the laws and regulations for California. Then I would suggest that you attain a position as a security officer. After you have a couple of years experience, if you think you can do it, then go ahead and start a company. In some states you have to have a few years experience as a security supervisor before you can even get a security managers license.

The same for having an agency license. You must show your experience and qualifications to the state before a license will be granted.

76 months ago

San in Fremont, California said: i am in California state living in Bay area.

smileface214:I will repeat my offer that I made to Patrick above a few weeks ago- I can give you some guidance if you get stuck or no one wants to help you- FTS is right on about understanding the laws, license qualifications and experience. You want to start at the BSIS web site under dept of consumer affairs for the state of Calif and go from there- I have some info I can e-mail to consider when making your business plan- but I use the government SBA site as a basic guideline. I also have a few associates in the Bay Area because I work in that area as well as the Western US. Check out your local SF Bay Area or Sacramento ASIS International (www.asisonline.org)Chapter meeting - great network of security professionals. Feel free to e-mail me back and I will help or even meet with you when I am in the Bay Area. Experience is the best teacher and I started out after the military a long time ago by working PT security and reading up on the industry. All the Best-

Bruce Zuest, CPP

www.securitycoachonline.com

Cassandra in Hollywood, South Carolina

76 months ago

My husband is interested in starting a security company but don't know where to start. We have restricted credit and under 10,000 to invest. If anyone can help or give any ideas please email me at dealsmade@aol.com. We are in charleston, sc. thanking you in advance!!

76 months ago

Here, check out this site. www.startasecuritycompany.com/buy-everything-start-a-security-company.html

Also look into your states laws concerning licensing.
What kind of experience does he have? If he has none, I would suggest he work as a security officer a few years to get the experience.

Also, Check with your bank, ask about invoice funding. It's called factoring in some places. What that is, is that when you get a contract, the bank will buy the first 75% of the invoice from you. That gives you all your working capital up front. Not all banks will do that. It's not a loan and does not matter what your credit is. Check around for an insurance policy that will cover you and the typr of security you plan on doing.

Hope this helps

A.M in Panama City, Florida

76 months ago

go to startasecuritycompany.com thats all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

raskind89 in Brooklyn, New York

76 months ago

Oscar Benard in Rochester, New York said: I have over 6 years of experience as a security guard myself. I already have an accountant, business plan, insurance contact for the business. I have plans to get the DBA next week. I want to have the office open by Jan 15th at the latest. I have 3 people who would like to work for me, but now I need proposals done and companies to bid on. My accountant who is my wife is working on the proposals and finding companies to bid on. You might think having my wife as the accountant/business manager might cause problems, but she is the best in what she does. She knows the tax laws for every state in the country and the partners at her firm are all experienced in the tax laws too. She has an Associate in Business Administration and accounting as well as 15 years in the accounting and is working on her CPA, as we speak. I need a partner that is reliable, honest and respectful as well has some security guard experience under them. I would like a partner that does not have any type of record and will pass a drug test, so if we get any banks or other finacial firms I do not have to worry about anything, this is per my insurance guy. So as you see, I am far from playing around on this, I am a straight up guy, but firm when it comes to money.

Hi Mr. Benard, My name is Lee Raskind. I am extremley interested, and would like to know where and how I can help you grow your company. I grew up in Rochester NY with my family, and after High school joined the israeli army. I have just returned home and am looking to break inot the industry. I know all about security,weapons, patrols, anti-terror etc. I Know I have a set of skills that would be an asset to you and your company. Please contact me by email: raskind89@yahoo.com
thank you

big L

75 months ago

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING GOING ON IN THE BALTIMORE, MARYLAND WHERE THEY MAY NEED A LEAD MAN TO HELP WITH HIRING, ORGINIZING, TRAINING, SUPERVISING OR MANAGING. I AM YOUR MAN, I HAVE 5 YEARS LAW ENFORCEMENT AND 4 YEARS SECURITY EXPERIENCE WITH STANDARD AND SPECIALIZED TRAINING IN BOTH. I KNOW WHAT A GOOD SECURITY COMPANY SHOULD LOOK LIKE. I ALSO HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
A MD GUARD CARD
A UNRESTRICTED MD GUN PERMIT
CPR/FIRST AID/AED TRANING
GSA CERTIFIED

ONLY THE SERIOUS REPLY, I DON'T PLAY WHEN IT COMES TO MONEY OR BUISNESS. I PERFER A COMPANY THAT HAS A LAW ENFORCEMENT SIDE LIKE SPECIAL POLICE OR BETTER. CONTACT ME AT BIGL1515@HOTMAIL.COM
THANK YOU

Murphy in Tilsonburg, Ontario

75 months ago

How is your business doing in this economy? I would like too deep into this industry. Contact me at murph443@gmail.com

fox in Hampton Bays, New York

75 months ago

Im located on Eastern Long island.. whats the step by step direction in starting a private security gaurd company? anyone?

Mgabhi in Durban, South Africa

75 months ago

I am currently university student at the University of Kwazulu-Natal.
I am currently working on an assignment where i have chosen to start a security company.
This is a form of a business plan kind of assignment.
The help i need is that of legal procedures that are required for me to be able to start a security company. Whether i need to certain qualifications or not. this requires some forecast of the financial statements and the use of investment appraisal methods.
Your help will be highly appreciated.

I need help on how to start a security company.

dee in Toronto, Ontario

75 months ago

Hi to you all, I want to start a security company up in Toronto, all i need is advice on how to start and the processing. I will greately appreciate if anybody could guild me or give me some idears about it. thank you very much

my e-mail is korbenav@yahoo.ca

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

my name is k.boyd in Baltimore, Maryland

75 months ago

Tyrone in Baltimore, Maryland said: My father side of the family is harris, is name was Ralph E. Harris. I am from the Baltimore area and I have 5 years law enforcement 3 years security with standard and specialized training, I currenty have a unrestricted Maryland gun permit and waiting for my guard card, maybe we can help each other?

you can email at bgdino@hotmail.com i also live in baltimore. 3 years in the army and have top secert clerance

75 months ago

Tyrone in Baltimore, Maryland said: My father side of the family is harris, is name was Ralph E. Harris. I am from the Baltimore area and I have 5 years law enforcement 3 years security with standard and specialized training, I currenty have a unrestricted Maryland gun permit and waiting for my guard card, maybe we can help each other?

y

75 months ago

i have 3 years in the military and i have a top secret clearence

75 months ago

Looking to hire a sales person in the south Floride area. Must be experienced in security, must have a military or LEO background. Visit our site at www.federatedtacticalsecurity.com

peter in Hollywood, Florida

75 months ago

Andrew Rothman in Highland Park, New Jersey said: I live in New York city and am starting my own security business/private military company. I'd be interested in having offices in maryland if you'd like to partner up.

my email is rothman.andrew@gmail.com

Hey there, yeh I wrote you, plze get me candlehi2000@yahoo.com

Gonzo in Casselberry, Florida

74 months ago

In the State of Florida you must apply for a Security license class D for un-armed work, G for armed and MB to start your own Security business. We can help you to obtain the D and G licenses. Contact us for more information on the courses we offer. BrantlyandAssociates.com

Good Luck!

FTS.LLC in Lake Worth, Florida

74 months ago

For all your questions, here is the state site. licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/

Wanda in Washington, District of Columbia

74 months ago

manttiwann@yahoo.com said: YOU CAN BECOME A GSA SECURITY GUARD WORKING IN THE GOVERNMENT BUILDING, IT REQUIRES 1 FULL MONTH TRAINING MON-FRI FROM 8-5 SO IF YOU ARE WILLING TO SACRIFICE THE TIME TO DO THAT, LET ME KNOW SO I CAN GIVE YOU THE INFO.

My son who is 23 years old is interested in becoming a GSA security guard. How can I get him started?

74 months ago

Try reading the article with action steps by Geoff Kohl in
www.business.com/guides/starting-a-security-services-business-1374

and in ca start with the state dept of consumer affairs(DCA), Bureau of Security and Investigative Services(BSIS) Web site under the state of california web site. this is all free and there are many more blogs that are good discussion starting points - do a good business plan first (small business administration has a good one). I also recommend
executive_3000@yahoo.com he seems willing to share his knowledge for free. A true mentor should never want a ton of money up front to teach,share and encourage.

All the Best, Bruce Zuest, CPP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Riverhead, New York

73 months ago

Ron,

I disagree, and so do these security professionals.

www.startasecuritycompany.com/testimonials.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No Reply - Report abuse

josh1732 in atlanta, Georgia

73 months ago

deepwater in Milton, Florida said: Are you starting a PMC type security company? or just a local security company? If your starting a PMC, contact me at Deepwater@ mchsi.com. I am looking for a partnership in the PMC field. I live in Florida an looking to get back to the sand box (iraq, afghan.)
thanks.

yes we most likely could begen a partnership i would be glad to i have mapped out and outline a plan all i need is someone looking for the same thing and who could help get this business going

Nick in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

Any information on starting a security company in Texas would be much appreciated.

Thanks- Nick

ReedNyff in Bellevue, Nebraska

73 months ago

Check out our Website www.signal88security.com We can help you launch a security company quickly in Texas and more importantly generate sales for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GOLAN in Turin, Italy

73 months ago

Golan research a figure of security managers who manage a new office opening soon in Virginia USA, if you are interested please send a CV to golanagency@gmail.com

rodlarose in Toronto, Ontario

73 months ago

dee in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi to you all, I want to start a security company up in Toronto, all i need is advice on how to start and the processing. I will greately appreciate if anybody could guild me or give me some idears about it. thank you very much

my e-mail is korbenav@yahoo.ca

Hello, I am located in Toronto Canada you might not found to much detail most of the people over here are in USA. I have a friend who's looking to open a security company in Toronto. Please email so I can get in touch with you.

I am interested to open a security company in the USA but I think it won't be possible. Their regulations are different. That's a dream I have!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Carlos2121 in Atlanta, Georgia

73 months ago

Hello, I am interested in starting up my own security business. Currently, I do security for clubs..etc...but would like to take my business on a bigger scale (corporate contracts, etc) Can anyone give me any information about how to get going?

Thanks!

subramanyam in Hyderabad, India

73 months ago

hi how can i start a security company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dee in Dallas, Texas

73 months ago

Jim Canning in Lake Worth, Florida said: where are you located? maybe you could join what we are doing. 100% military veteran owned and operated.

keep up the good work for helping vets i am one myself and i too want to open a security guard company using vets because they are ready to go that extra mile uh for the vets thank

Superiorprotection in Omaha, Nebraska

71 months ago

Hello and i have read what you wrote on the website for security start up. My name is Daniel Edwards and im the owner of Superior Protection in Omaha,Nebraska . currently im looking for a business partner with good contacts and ideas out of state contracts are fine. my guys are skilled in martial arts, ex military, hand to hand combat. PPCT Trained,Firearms training advanced pistol 1 and 2 advanced rifle 1 IDP Shoots, Licensed to carry, combined total of 40 years experience -lots more training to list . Ive got a good list of references currently i just need contacts in other areas to grow i have a substantial cash settlement im putting towards this business venture. I am a man who likes to share the profit with my partners not keep it to myself and be greedy like most Business owners. We are thinking maybe branching out to Bounty Hunting or Government Private security sectors let me know your input or thoughts???
Email me at Superior.Protection@yahoo.com website currently bieng made
Daniel Edwards CEO Superior Protection Inc
-Security At Its Best-

Tony in Baltimore, Maryland

71 months ago

If you have a team and are open to different aspects of security I have opportunities if interested contact me at dbizsavy@yahoo.com.

A. Rohe in Bohemia, New York

71 months ago

alvin dennis in Baltimore, Maryland

71 months ago

Darrell Harris in Baltimore, Maryland said: I have small contract opportunities for new start up security companies reach me at dbizsavy@yahoo.com

yes me and my girlfriend is trying to start a security business to but you have to go to the state police so hit me back at trueking28@myspace.com

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.