security guard position sarasota,fl.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

Fishincracker in Bradenton, Florida

66 months ago

Hi Pete. I just found this board and was wondering if you found work. I too am a "Senior" in Bradenton and just got the Class D. I guess (from what I read here) that "in-house" seems to be the way to go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pt8367@comcast.net in Sarasota, Florida

66 months ago

Fishincracker in Bradenton, Florida said: Hi Pete. I just found this board and was wondering if you found work. I too am a "Senior" in Bradenton and just got the Class D. I guess (from what I read here) that "in-house" seems to be the way to go.

Hey fishin cracker, thanks for the reply. The job market seems slow and I agree that in house is the way to go. I have had numerous interviews and very little call backs. If you come across somthing that need two please keep another senior in mind. Pete

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fishincracker

66 months ago

pt8367@comcast.net in Sarasota, Florida said: Hey fishin cracker, thanks for the reply. The job market seems slow and I agree that in house is the way to go. I have had numerous interviews and very little call backs. If you come across somthing that need two please keep another senior in mind. Pete

Will do

Fishincracker

66 months ago

Fishincracker said: Will do

Don't know if you've applied to US Security on Main Street in Sarasota?
I sent a resume to their Corp office and they said you have to go to their Main Street-Sarasota office to fill out an application.
They have a lady working here in Bradenton that's been with them for 7 years and said they are good folks to work for and they offer health benefits.

Hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

daniel in Sarasota, Florida

66 months ago

hi my name is daniel have you try to apply for wackenhut corp theyr main office is in sarasota you have to go in person to fill out the aplication they always help you or you my try alert protective services the are growing and thats the company there i work for good look just look online for directions.

pt8367@comcast.net in Sarasota, Florida

66 months ago

Hi Daniel Haven't tried wakanut yet but will i've got a good friend who's a major in that corporation. Alert looked promising but when I interviewd with that co. no return callaand that doesn't sit well if they won't return a call.

HB in Sarasota, Florida

64 months ago

pt8367@comcast.net in Sarasota, Florida said: Hi Daniel Haven't tried wakanut yet but will i've got a good friend who's a major in that corporation. Alert looked promising but when I interviewd with that co. no return callaand that doesn't sit well if they won't return a call.

Likely because you weren't going to be offered a position w/ ALERT... Ever think of that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gtigger109@verizon.net in Sarasota, Florida

62 months ago

pt8367@comcast.net in Sarasota, Florida said: Hey fishin cracker, thanks for the reply. The job market seems slow and I agree that in house is the way to go. I have had numerous interviews and very little call backs. If you come across somthing that need two please keep another senior in mind. Pete

New to this site and going for my Class D also am senior citizen in Palmetto. Your comments are very informative and helpful. What do you mean by "in house"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sunset watcher in Bradenton, Florida

55 months ago

I have tried 3 different guard compaies. Very much abuse Weiser and US Security.Weiser human resorces lady said she lost my application which was a lie and the Supervisor at US security promised to call me back 2 times but never did. I see age discrimination. After putting pressure on Weiser Security the coward human resorces lady had someone else call me and told me i do not meet their criteria. Bull We need to expose these companies for who they are.I had over 10 years experience as a Security Guard and provided good references.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Fishincracker said: Don't know if you've applied to US Security on Main Street in Sarasota?
I sent a resume to their Corp office and they said you have to go to their Main Street-Sarasota office to fill out an application.
They have a lady working here in Bradenton that's been with them for 7 years and said they are good folks to work for and they offer health benefits.

Hope this helps

US Security Supervisor gave me the rur around promised to call back 2 times did not

55 months ago

gtigger109@verizon.net in Sarasota, Florida said: New to this site and going for my Class D also am senior citizen in Palmetto. Your comments are very informative and helpful. What do you mean by "in house"

I feel their is age discrimination going on with some of these security guard companies

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

YEHHH-RIGHT in Miami, Florida

51 months ago

sunset watcher in Bradenton, Florida said: I have tried 3 different guard compaies. Very much abuse Weiser and US Security.Weiser human resorces lady said she lost my application which was a lie and the Supervisor at US security promised to call me back 2 times but never did. I see age discrimination. After putting pressure on Weiser Security the coward human resorces lady had someone else call me and told me i do not meet their criteria. Bull We need to expose these companies for who they are.I had over 10 years experience as a Security Guard and provided good references.

THEY LIE BACAUSE THEY WANT AN INDIVIDUAL THEY CAN BACK INTO A CORNER FINANCIALLY AND EXPLOIT. THESE AGENCIES HAVE CONTRACTS THEY REALLY CAN'T MAINTAIN FOR YEARS ON END, BECAUSE THEY HIRE-FIRE LIKE A NICOTINE-FIEND CONSTANTLY NEEDING A CIGARETTE BREAL! THEY SEEM TO BAN OR PRECLUDE SENIOR GUARDS-BECAUSE THESE GUARDS WON'T PUT UP WITH THEIR CRAP AND ABUSE, AND THOSE IN MIDDLE-MANAGEMENT DO NOT HAVE ANY STERLING CREDENTIALS OR EDUCATION ACCOLADES. IN SHORT-THEY'VE SCREWED UP PLENTY, AND ARE DESPERATE TO HOLD ON TO THEIR JOBS-SO THEY MANIPULATE THOSE AROUND THEM BY RIGGING THE FILES AND ABUSES.IN MIAMI, THE 50 STATE GUARD AGENCY FOLLOWS THIS UNFORTUNATE PROTOCOL OF GUARD SHUFFLING-THEY HAVE ALIGNED THEIR MANPOWER DRAW WITH SEVERAL OTHER AGENCIES TO TRY TO FILL A MUNICIPAL METRO-RAIL CONTRACT, WACKENHUT FAILED AT THIS BY FALSE BILLINGS OF SERVICES NOT FILLED AT CERTAIN TIMES---BECAUSE THEY CAN'T SHIP IN ANYONE TO WORK FOR THE WAGES AND STILL QUALIFY FOR LICENSES AND PAY A LOT OF UP-FRONT COSTS OUT OF POCKET. THESE AGENCIES WILL FAIL BECAUSE THEIR GRASP OF GUARD-POOL MANPOWER IS SKEWED. THEY CANNOT HIRE-FIRE-HIRE-FIRE LIKE A VAMPIRE RECRUITMENT CENTER

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

THESE AGENCIES MAY ULTIMATELY BE VICTIMS OF THEIR OWN ABUSES-STARVED FOR MANPOWER AND A NEED TO REMAIN AT LOWEST DOLLAR BIDS ON CONTRACTS, THEY MAY GO SO LOW THAT THEY CANNOT DRAW ANYONE. IT DOES NOT MATTER THAT THE G-4 AND SECURITAS SECURITY CONGLOMERATES HAVE BIG FINANCIAL ENGINES POWERING THEIR INVESTED AGENCIES THEY'VE ACQUIRED----THE SIMPLE SERVICE THEY THOUGHT THEY COULD PROVIDE ( WITH LITTLE-OR-NO TRAINING !)DOES NOT AFFORD THE CLIENT QUALITY SERVICES, OR THE GUARDS A LIVABLE WAGE OR CONTINUED CAREER STABILITY. LOWER AND LOWER-UNTIL THESE COMPANIES WILL TRY TO SPIN-OFF THE LOCAL OFFICES AND LET THEM FAIL-BECAUSE NOBODY WILL BUY AN AGENCY WITH NO ASSETS, NO CONTRACTS, AND DIMINISHED MANPOWER SOURCING. I GAVE YOU THE FULL REASONS THEY PLAY DODGE-AND-HIDE; BECAUSE THEY OPERATE WITH DECEPTION AND ON THE EDGE OF CONSTANT FAILURE RISK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

CONTINUING( THE WACKENHUT ABOMINATION ); NOBODY WAS MORE SURPRISED THEN WHEN THE COMPOSITE OF THIS PROFILED SCUM-BAG WAS DRAWN-AND HE LOOKED LIKE HE COULD HAVE BEEN MY TWIN! IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A FUNNY HOOT, IF FOLKS WEREN'T ARMED FOR A LYNCHING, AND IT WAS BEING FANNED BY A NEWSPAPER CRIME REPORTER BECAUSE SHE HAD A FASCINATION FOR A CLIP-RANKED METRO POLICE SERGEANT WHO WAS OUT TO MAKE HIS BONES ON THIS CASE! NEEDLESS TO SAY, THIS DISEASE WAS SAPPING ME OF SLEEP, BLOOD-FLOW, AND CAUSING DEPRESSION ALREADY. THE CASE-JUST ADDED MORE CRAP TO AN UNACCEPTABLE MESS. WHAT WE GATHERED FROM MY INVESTIGATORS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS-----IS AN OFFICIAL IN THE MANAGEMENT WAS EITHER APPROACHED BY THE POLICE, OR THE POLICE HIRED WACKENHUT INVESTIGATIONS TO DO A HATCHET JOB ON ME 24/7. THIS LED TO STRESS, HOSTILITY-AND ULTIMATELY GAVE ME A SMALL STOKE, BAD MEDICINE PERSCRIPTION, AND A CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

CONTINUED) WHAT IT MEANS-IS THAT THE AGENCY I WAS TRYING TO SERVE-ARMED-WAS SPYING ON ME AND CREATING AN EXTREMELY HOSTILE AND STRESSFUL WORK PLACE. THEY NEVER CAUGHT THE RAPIST ( TO MY KNOWLEDGE ) NO DNA MATCHED-AND WACKENHUT SHUFFLED IT'S SPIES AND INSULATED ITSELF FROM THE SITUATION ( AS THEY OPERATED IN SITUATION AFTER SITUATION THEY STUCK THEIR MEDDLESOME NOSES INTO!) THEY RUINED LIVES, AND ALONG WITH THE POLICE-AND THEIR TACTICS-SHOULD HAVE BEEN SUED FOR MILLIONS IN PUNITIVE AND MEDICAL COMPENSATORY ACCOUNTABILITY.! THEY WERE GONNA MAKE A KILLIN'-THEY WERE GONNA MAKE A HIGH-WHITE-HAT NAME FOR THE COMPANY ON MY BLOOD-YEH---RIGHT! BEGIN TO SEE WHY I DESPISE THESE WORMS-AGENCY MUD-CRAWLERS? THEY RUN ROUGH-SHOD OVER CIVIL RIGHTS-AND THEY EITHER DON;T CARE, DENY THEY ARE INVOLVED, OR BLAME YOU BECAUSE , BY INNUENDO, YOU WERE AT LEAST PARTIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN MISFORTUNE--AND ARE A TARNISHED BLIGHT ON THE COMPANY'S STERLING REPUTATION!EACH OF THESE AGENCIES ARE READY AND ABLE TO DECIMATE YOUR HEALTH, REPUTATION, AND CAREER!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

IF I WERE JUST "A WHACKO", I WOULD NOT HAVE SPILLED THE PERSONAL DIRTY LAUNDRY---I WAS A B.S MAJOR GRADUATE OF STETSON UNIVERSITY. I DID SOME REALLY HONEST AND THOUGHTFUL THINGS AS GUARD, SUPERVISOR, AND DISPATCHER. MOST GUARDS LIKED ME.AT TIMES, I'M SURE I SAVED LIVES AND PROPERTY FROM DAMAGES. BUT FROM WHAT I READ, SCURRILOUS REMNANT FOLKS FROM WACKENHUT'S FRAUD-ENCRUSTED METRO-RAIL CONTRACT, IN MIAMI-LANDED ON THEIR GOLDEN PARACHUTES BACK INTO THE COMPANY! I GUESS THEY KNEW WHERE ALL THE SKELETONS WERE IN THE CLOSET, EHHH?! THIS IS A COMPANY QUICK TO BUTCHER-BUT WON;T SHARE A STEAK!IF THEY THINK THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH MURDER-THEY MIGHT TAKE A WHACK AT IT-OR YOU-OR A WHISTLE-BLOWER OR UNION ACTIVIST! THESE FOLKS ARE VILE AND AEEOGANT---BE GLAD WHEN THE WHOLE FAMILY GETS THE HELL OUT OF THE SECURITY BUSINESS ALONG WITH THE G-4 CHANGE-OF-HUT-----BUT DIRTY HANDS NEW MASTERS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

susanpeters in Sarasota, Florida

49 months ago

I wouldn't recommend working for Alert Protective. They treat their employees terribly. They don't stand behind their officers, even when the officer is right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sarge

49 months ago

Same crapno matter where you work.

RANDMAJESTIC in Miami, Florida

49 months ago

DID NOT MEAN TO PUSH THE ATOMIC BOMB REVELATION ON ALL SECURITY----THERE ARE BRIGHT SPOTS IN A 30 YEAR TOUR OF DUTY-----OFTEN DOING APPROXIMATELY THE JOB, AND USING FEW RESOURCES. WE WERE NO MIRACLE-WORKERS-BUT WE NEVER FELT WE DID NOT DO OUR BEST, OR EARN EVERY PENNY OF THE PAY! AS THE U.S. ECONOMY GOES THROUGH UNCHARTED DISASTER-( NO-EVEN A STETSON GRADUATE HAS NO CLUE HOW IT WILL GO-BECAUSE ALL THE LITTLE MILTON FRIEDMAN MODELS AND GRAPHS IN THE BIG BOOK ARE BLOWN AWAY AND INACCURATE! ) WE ARE SURE NEW INDUSTRIES MUST INVENT AND BUILD, AND GOOD COMMITTED MINDS AND EFFORTS WILL GIVE RISE TO A NEW SOCIETY. I, PERSONALLY DOUBT THERE ARE ANY OF THE RETIREMENT PERKS OR SAVINGS LEFT---THEREFORE-WE REBUILD IT ALL, AND GET RID OF THE CORRUPTION AND CONSPIRATORSTHAT ALLOWED ALL THIS COLLAPSE---INSTEAD OF MANGED REBUILDING. SECURITY WILL BE NEEDED-BUT YOU CANNOT, AND WILL NOT WORK FOR ABUSIVE TREAD-MILL OUT-SOURCING AGENCIES WHICH TREAT THE WORKER LIKE THROW-AWAY DIXIE-CUPS AND PAINT THE WORKER AS WORTHLESS. THAT MIND-SET MUST ABSOLUTELY CHANGE IN A REBUILDING SOCIETY!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

DID NOT MEAN TO PUSH THE ATOMIC BOMB REVELATION ON ALL SECURITY----THERE ARE BRIGHT SPOTS IN A 30 YEAR TOUR OF DUTY-----OFTEN DOING APPROXIMATELY THE JOB, AND USING FEW RESOURCES. WE WERE NO MIRACLE-WORKERS-BUT WE NEVER FELT WE DID NOT DO OUR BEST, OR EARN EVERY PENNY OF THE PAY! AS THE U.S. ECONOMY GOES THROUGH UNCHARTED DISASTER-( NO-EVEN A STETSON GRADUATE HAS NO CLUE HOW IT WILL GO-BECAUSE ALL THE LITTLE MILTON FRIEDMAN MODELS AND GRAPHS IN THE BIG BOOK ARE BLOWN AWAY AND INACCURATE! ) WE ARE SURE NEW INDUSTRIES MUST INVENT AND BUILD, AND GOOD COMMITTED MINDS AND EFFORTS WILL GIVE RISE TO A NEW SOCIETY. I, PERSONALLY DOUBT THERE ARE ANY OF THE RETIREMENT PERKS OR SAVINGS LEFT---THEREFORE-WE REBUILD IT ALL, AND GET RID OF THE CORRUPTION AND CONSPIRATORSTHAT ALLOWED ALL THIS COLLAPSE---INSTEAD OF MANGED REBUILDING. SECURITY WILL BE NEEDED-BUT YOU CANNOT, AND WILL NOT WORK FOR ABUSIVE TREAD-MILL OUT-SOURCING AGENCIES WHICH TREAT THE WORKER LIKE THROW-AWAY DIXIE-CUPS AND PAINT THE WORKER AS WORTHLESS. THAT MIND-SET MUST ABSOLUTELY CHANGE IN A REBUILDING SOCIETY!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

YA GOTTA WONDER WHY THE GUYS WHO CHECK OFF "no" ON THE "WAS THIS HELPFUL?" SURVEY READ THE TESTIMONIALS,BUT WOULDN'T COMMENT. METHINKS WACKENHUT SHILLS AND ASSOCIATES ABOUND...AND THIS, MY FRIENDS---IS JUST HOW THEY OPERATED IN THE PAST. ANONYMOUS "HIT-AND-RUN"-PLAUSIBLY DENYING ANYTHING AND ANYONE.OF COURSE,CROOKS AND THUGS NEVER THINK THEIR BEHAVIOR NEEDS REPRIMAND-THEY ARE JUST MAD THEY GOT EXPOSED AND CAUGHT!LET THAT BE A CLUE TO HOW SOME OF THESE CORPORATE EMPIRES THINK-YOUR MEDDLESOME OPINION OR DEAD BODY ARE JUST "A NEED TO GO TO THE CAR-WASH" TO REGAIN PRISTINE PUBLIC IMAGE. I AM SURPRISED THE BOYS OF WACKENHUT THOUGHT THAT THIS ANCIENT HISTORY OF "BAD BLOOD" WAS OVER-NOT BY A LONG SHOT!IF YOU ASPIRE TO HANG A MAN-YOU'D BETTER BE JUSTIFIED-AND YOU'D BEST KILL HIM THE FIRST TIME. THEY DID NEITHER.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

KEEP ON TARGET ISSUES in Miami, Florida

48 months ago

BY THE WAY-FOR ALL THIS MAD RANTING---I USED TO SHOW UP ON TIME, LIMITED CLIENT'S EXPOSURE TO LOSS OF PROPERTY, AND REALLY KEPT INCIDENTS TO A BARE MINIMUM---FOR THIRTY ONE YEARS-AT A MARGINAL COST TO CLIENTS, IN A NUMBER OF VENUES AND DUTIES-----SOME VERY DIFFICULT AND DEMANDING. WHO ELSE HAD A RECORD LIKE THAT?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dad looking for gate guard job... in Venice, Florida

45 months ago

Been screwed around, used to be a Cpt for Wackenhut, then Alert as a guard and needs a suitable job for his age. Any ideas? US Security or no?
Worried Daughter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fishincracker in Bradenton, Florida

42 months ago

Dad looking for gate guard job... in Venice, Florida said: Been screwed around, used to be a Cpt for Wackenhut, then Alert as a guard and needs a suitable job for his age. Any ideas? US Security or no?
Worried Daughter

Haven't been on this board in some time but saw your comment and, if it's not too late, I highly recommend "Shield Security" in Venice. I worked for them for about 15 months before finally retiring, and they're good people. They have contracts from Tampa to Ft Meyers and even over to Belle Glade. Nice people, not "Micro Managers" and fair about needed time off. They treat you with respect. They do everything....so give 'em a call. www.shieldsecurity.biz/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

David Matthes in Fort Myers, Florida

40 months ago

Fishincracker in Bradenton, Florida said: Hi Pete. I just found this board and was wondering if you found work. I too am a "Senior" in Bradenton and just got the Class D. I guess (from what I read here) that "in-house" seems to be the way to go.

we are looking for a good guy with a class "D" license to head up our security company. please respond to me at djm@reaganasset.com. Dave

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lee Douds in Venice, Florida

39 months ago

Need a job very bad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Name withheld in Atlanta, Georgia

34 months ago

Sir you have to move to Tampa Bay and look for a company called: Modern Staffing & Security Consultants. They will hire you if you are white. Don't know why the Dept Of Labor missed this one.

Name withheld in Atlanta, Georgia

34 months ago

sunset watcher in Bradenton, Florida said: I have tried 3 different guard compaies. Very much abuse Weiser and US Security.Weiser human resorces lady said she lost my application which was a lie and the Supervisor at US security promised to call me back 2 times but never did. I see age discrimination. After putting pressure on Weiser Security the coward human resorces lady had someone else call me and told me i do not meet their criteria. Bull We need to expose these companies for who they are.I had over 10 years experience as a Security Guard and provided good references.

This is an udate with security strike companies. Reports are coming in to me about the following companies. IMAC (Michelle Harvey), J.R.Phillips (Stephen Crihfield), J.R.Gettier, Modern Staffing & Security (Irina Shtarkman) are all practicing descrimination by hiring mostly whites and framing, harrassing the few blacks they hire and finding ways to send them home and falsly putting on their pink slips reason for termination "insubornation".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joseph Saint in Cleveland, Ohio

34 months ago

This is an udate with security strike companies. Reports are coming in to me about the following companies. IMAC (Michelle Harvey), J.R.Phillips (Stephen Crihfield), J.R.Gettier, Modern Staffing & Security (Irina Shtarkman) are all practicing descrimination by hiring mostly whites and framing, harrassing the few blacks they hire and finding ways to send them home and falsly putting on their pink slips reason for termination "insubornation".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SECURITY1152 in Bradenton, Florida

34 months ago

I am a senior who actually has a job in Sarasota via Allied Barton, they are a good company as far as I can tell.
I have a good college education and just wanted some extra spending money and something to do during my days in retirement. But as you stated some companies are NO GOOD. US Security in Sarasota is that kind of company. They wanted me to leave my current position to work for them as a G-guard but kept telling me that they will let me know what te position required, after 4 weeks of playing their game I told them that unless they told me the full specifics of the position I was not interested. Today they will no longer gtake my calls.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick Crp in Gent, Belgium

33 months ago

Lee Douds in Venice, Florida said: Need a job very bad.

Hey Lee, have a look at www.securityguardcenter.com/security-guard-jobs/. I found a job there and got hired immediately. Of course you do have to be in the possession of a valid license before a security agency will hire you. But i found that the costs of the license and the training were quite reasonable after seeing which doors where opened on the career market...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

los angeles in Newport Beach, California

33 months ago

kerry murphy is look security warehouse security job 9years ask a security guard his job warehouse store security etc.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.