Best place to get LCSW hours/certification?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Rygreen in Walnut Creek, California

75 months ago

Im a MSW student. Very excited about graduating and relocating ANYWHERE but where I'm at. But where do I even begin looking for jobs that will train me or give me hours towards my LCSW? It seems they either want you to already have your LCSW or just work a standard social worker position. I on the other hand really want a clinical position. Any Help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

guest in Cottonwood, Arizona

75 months ago

Rygreen in Walnut Creek, California said: Im a MSW student. Very excited about graduating and relocating ANYWHERE but where I'm at. But where do I even begin looking for jobs that will train me or give me hours towards my LCSW? It seems they either want you to already have your LCSW or just work a standard social worker position. I on the other hand really want a clinical position. Any Help?

Rygreen: Call Napa State Hospital and talk with the director of social work. They had an excellent training for employees about 9 years ago and may still have it going. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

katzlair in El Cajon, California

75 months ago

Rygreen in Walnut Creek, California said: Im a MSW student. Very excited about graduating and relocating ANYWHERE but where I'm at. But where do I even begin looking for jobs that will train me or give me hours towards my LCSW? It seems they either want you to already have your LCSW or just work a standard social worker position. I on the other hand really want a clinical position. Any Help?

I found that pretty much any non-profit positions will provide clinical supervision hours. Make sure that this is part of your employment agreement as well, as it can cost over $200.00 a month if you pay someone on the outside. On a side note, any case manager job will go towards your hours as you will be doing clinical work. Good luck. Kathy, LCSW

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Scott Frost in Baltimore, Maryland

62 months ago

I'm looking for a qualified LCSW to work as a program director in the Baltimore area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.