Best place to get LCSW hours/certification?

Comments (4)

Rygreen in Walnut Creek, California

76 months ago

Im a MSW student. Very excited about graduating and relocating ANYWHERE but where I'm at. But where do I even begin looking for jobs that will train me or give me hours towards my LCSW? It seems they either want you to already have your LCSW or just work a standard social worker position. I on the other hand really want a clinical position. Any Help?

guest in Cottonwood, Arizona

75 months ago

Rygreen in Walnut Creek, California said: Im a MSW student. Very excited about graduating and relocating ANYWHERE but where I'm at. But where do I even begin looking for jobs that will train me or give me hours towards my LCSW? It seems they either want you to already have your LCSW or just work a standard social worker position. I on the other hand really want a clinical position. Any Help?

Rygreen: Call Napa State Hospital and talk with the director of social work. They had an excellent training for employees about 9 years ago and may still have it going. Good luck.

katzlair in El Cajon, California

75 months ago

Rygreen in Walnut Creek, California said: Im a MSW student. Very excited about graduating and relocating ANYWHERE but where I'm at. But where do I even begin looking for jobs that will train me or give me hours towards my LCSW? It seems they either want you to already have your LCSW or just work a standard social worker position. I on the other hand really want a clinical position. Any Help?

I found that pretty much any non-profit positions will provide clinical supervision hours. Make sure that this is part of your employment agreement as well, as it can cost over $200.00 a month if you pay someone on the outside. On a side note, any case manager job will go towards your hours as you will be doing clinical work. Good luck. Kathy, LCSW

Scott Frost in Baltimore, Maryland

63 months ago

I'm looking for a qualified LCSW to work as a program director in the Baltimore area.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.