International Social Work suggestions?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Matt in Chicago, Illinois

51 months ago

Does anyone have any suggestions about international work with governmental organizations, NGO's, internation aid organizations, humanitarian etc. I have an MSW and would love to do international work with an organization like Red Cross Red Crescent. Any suggestions, advice etc,?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Claire in Birmingham, United Kingdom

35 months ago

Hi Matt, I noticed you posted on here over a year ago. I am also interested in doing international social work with through an NGO or the red cross. I was just wondering if you have had any luck with that. I received my MSW in Chicago, but I am currently living in the UK working as a child protection social worker.

lulu in Arlington, Virginia

33 months ago

i will be graduating with my msw in may 2013. i'm in my late 40's.
re 2nd year internship - i have two offers and can't decide. need advice. i'm interetsed in health care and geriatrics. i want to make sure i can get a job upon graduation. one internship office is with a state dept of aging. the other is at a community hospital on various floors (would work with geriatric patients i imagine but not a geriatric floor). any recommendations? the aging internship sounds interesting but i don't see many state or federal msw jobs (besides the VA Hosp which seems impossible to get into where I live). there seem to be more hospital jobs listed but they want experience (through internship i imagine). any advice would be appreciated.

Hanna in Pleasanton, California

1 month ago

Claire in Birmingham, United Kingdom said: Hi Matt, I noticed you posted on here over a year ago. I am also interested in doing international social work with through an NGO or the red cross. I was just wondering if you have had any luck with that. I received my MSW in Chicago, but I am currently living in the UK working as a child protection social worker.

I am interested in relocating to the UK, how is it possible for a American MSW to get a job there??

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.