Is IT possible?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Worried in Rohnert Park, California

55 months ago

I just recently found out about MSW programs. Originally I was on the path to be a History High School teacher. My passion has always been kids. However, I decided my career change a little late in the game....

I am a history major. Lol not helpful in the quest of getting accepted into a MSW program. I have been a social historian, that is I study how society affected people throughout history. I plan on incorporating that in my personal statement. Will this hinder my acceptance? completely?

I have been a nanny for 7 years, working with mentally disabled children as well. I have volunteered over 350 hours of community service. I have two internships right now. One with Social Services in Southern California, and Two with a organization that helps pregnant&parenting teens. (I have had these for 2 months) I have working with the elderly, the needy, and low income households (children from those environments).

My GPA is lower than I hoped. 3.3. I am applying to Cal Fullerton, Domingez Hills, Loma Linda, Azusa Pacific, and haha (far reach) USC. USC is for my dad These are all schools in Southern California. Anyway, I am wondering if this is possbile? Would you suggest taking another year to boost my GPA? or more internships? maybe stay a get a minor? in Psych or Human Developmet (I dont really want to do that) I guess I am asking with all of that... do I have a chance?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kristina in Cabot, Arkansas

53 months ago

I finished a film school in Araksnas, then decided to change my path. I had 2.7 GPA. Only what I had to do is to take few classes of Psychology and made all As, and I got in (finished 2006). I didnt have any experience in SW before that. May Arkansas lacks of SWs, I dont know, but it was very east to get in. I make $35 per hour now.

Kristina in Cabot, Arkansas

53 months ago

May be Arkansas. I mean. btw, I made 3.5 GPA in SW school.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.