Looking for first job with an MSW, how do I find a job that provides supervision?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

lookingforwork in Vienna, Virginia

38 months ago

Hello,

I am a newly graduated MSW. I have been done with school for 6 weeks now and I am currently looking for my first job, but there are two problems. Problem #1 is that nearly all the jobs I am coming across want licensed clinical social workers, not new MSWs. Problem #2 is finding a job that will provide supervision.

How do I go about finding a job that will give me the hours I need for licensure? It seems like there just isn't much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

MombytheC in Panama City, Florida

25 months ago

Hi Lookingforwork. I was just going to see if you had had any success in finding a position yet? I have an MSW that I obtained in 1992. I worked for several years and then stopped to be a stay at home Mom. I have been looking now for many months with no success. Same problem here. Everyone wants LCSWs, but you can't get your LCSW without a job. :/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

futuregradstudent in Detroit, Michigan

25 months ago

I have my MSW and license, but I want to work in a non-traditional field (education). I still haven't found a job that would qualify me for supervision. I share your frustrations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.