Relocation from Puerto Rico To Dallas texas

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Kiki in Puerto Rico

81 months ago

Hola

Vi tu mensaje mientras buscaba una info. Vivi en EU un tiempito y mis hermanas viven alla...lo que hacemos siempre es buscar el website de la ciudad y por ahi empiezas. En las ciudades grandes donde hay muchos hispanos siempre hay organizaciones sin fines de lucro que ayudan mucho y hasta dan clases de ingles gratis.

Espero que esto te ayude.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Edna in Cleveland, Ohio

77 months ago

Gysell in Caguas, Puerto Rico said: Hi, Im from Puerto Rico and maybe because of my husband works his going to be transfer to Dallas he actually work whith American Airline and probably they have to relocate so many people actually I work in a private School as a social worker I have a bachelor degree in social work whith my license from puerto rico and I would like to know what I have to do if I want to work In Dallas as social worker please I need help cause my english is not so good and I want to know if there classes for me to study the english language and where I have to go I would like to work first whith hispanic people until I learn more english then I can look for a job where there need bilingual people I really aprecciate if someone can help me I ask for excuses because of my writing I do the best I can please help me

thank's Gysell Franco

Gysell,

I seen your posting regarding social work licensing. I have a question for you, I am thinking of moving to Puerto Rico could I transfer my license there or do I have to retest and take the license exam in PR? If so where do I go for that?

Edna

Lynn in San Juan, Puerto Rico

67 months ago

Edna in Cleveland, Ohio said: Gysell,

I seen your posting regarding social work licensing. I have a question for you, I am thinking of moving to Puerto Rico could I transfer my license there or do I have to retest and take the license exam in PR? If so where do I go for that?

Edna

Hi Edna,

I was surfing the net and saw your request for info about SW licensing. I am a SW in private practice for 10 years and find the licensing kind of a joke here compared to the US. All you have to do is "PAY" and do alot of paperwork to get the license, which is a permanent one. You need to contact the College of SW and pay a yearly fee to them to be active and then pay the State another small fee to be registered and get your license. The College of SW will explain all of this.

Good luck.

Lynn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marilyn in Post Falls, Idaho

33 months ago

Looking for social worker jobs in Texas? New postings for VA (Veteran Affairs) jobs. I am looking for jobs in Puerto Rico. I grew up in the States and wondered if strong language skills in English but weak Spanish skills will hurt me? I speak fluent but reading and writing in Spanish is tough.
Any ideas where to look for jobs in PR? How about schools and housing for family?
Marilyn

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.