Social Work jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

NeverGivingUpHope in San Diego, California

24 months ago

Hi ZilHuma,

I can totally understand where you are coming from. I made the mistake of going straight from high school to undergrad to graduate school without any experience in social work/psychology related fields. As a result I don't have a lot of experience except for my internships during the program. I am trying to get more involved in volunteer opportunities in the meantime. The advice I have been hearing from those who landed jobs is that simply applying and sending resumes does not seem to cut it anymore. Most people now have to network and find jobs that aren't posted publicly. I have yet to stick my neck out there in this capacity, but realize it needs to be done. I have applied to over 55 positions, and have only received 5 interviews. I would suggest looking up places to meet people in the profession on sites like meetup.com as I am beginning to research myself. Also, reading up on career development books in regards to social work and networking you can find on amazon.com. Just keep persevering and know that you are not alone. Wish you the best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.