I am interested in becoming a social worker and have compiled a list of some pretty basic questions. Your answers would be appreciated!
1. What are the major responsibilities of your position?
2. What are the daily tasks performed in this position? What are the essential tasks?
3. What are the entry- level qualifications, such as skills and education, required for this position?
4. Is there on the job training? Is ongoing training available or needed?
5. What are some frustrations or problems workers have in this position?
6. What advice would you give someone interested in this field?
7. What are the skills and abilities required for the job?
8. What is the work environment like?
9. What is the usual, or average, beginning salary and benefits?
10. Is there a possibility for promotion or upward mobility? If so to what position?