taking the licence exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

deanna in Cleveland, Ohio

52 months ago

I was wondering if there is anybody in the Cleveland, Ohio area that is studying to take the license exam anytime soon? I have been out of school for a LONG time and need to take the exam again. Looking for some study partners...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

margaret in Muskegon, Michigan

52 months ago

Deanna, my situation is similiar in that I haven't been in the social work field for almost 30 years and I do have a BSW but I'm not licensed in the state of michigan. I'm currently looking for a social work position and hopefully then pursue my license (new in MI since '05) but wouldn't even know how or what to study. I did order a study guide from the MI Dept. of Community Health which will only cover 50 questions. So, if you have any advice to pass it would be apprecicated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Margaret in Muskegon, Michigan

52 months ago

Deanna in Cleveland, Ohio said: I found out that the rules have changed (in Ohio) and since I took and passed the Licence test when I graduated I do not need to take it again! Needless to say I am ecstatic! When I thought I had to take the test, I used the The complete guide to social work, it comes in BSW and LSW www.socialworkGuide.com . The guide was 135.00 I think but I felt like it was worth it, as I didn't really have any other resources. I would highly suggest whatever guide you get to do it sooner then later because there is so much information it takes a lot to go through. I never really ended up using these web sites but I did find them. Also, your local colleges could be helpful, although when I called ours, they were helpful but I couldn't take out any study guides, I could only use them in the Library ...2 kids and 2 (non-social work jobs) later, who has that kind of time? Best of Luck to you!
www.socialworkexam.com socialworkexam.ning.com/

Thanks so much Deanna for your feedback as well as the links. Hopefully, this week I'll complete filling out my limited license application; get fingerprinted and background check and make sure the college I attended in 1982 was accredited school. Wish you the best.
margaret

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.