Entrepreneur Needs Definitions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

HI_THERE in San Diego, California

49 months ago

Hi Guys,

I'm approaching venture capitalists now regarding an IT startup. I have the idea--and hopefully will get the capital--but don't have the training. I'm don't have a tech education.

I'm located in San Diego, but that could change if the VCs ask me to re-locate to the Bay Area as terms of funding.

Anywayz, I need to understand: what's the difference between software engineers (eg., "Sr.," "Java," "CC++" Lead")????

My business will be a website-based search engine and database, so I know I'll need someone strong in Java. I'll need someone who can program super well...previous experience in creating a stock-trading platform is a plus. Is Java going to be replaced by Ruby? Is CC++ something my software engineer needs to know?

If anyone has an interest in starting up a dialogue with me, or educating me, feel free to contact me at lil_ole_me@hotmail.com. Who knows?...I might be able to offer a job at some point (providing I get the funding I am seeking).

What's the difference between a "Sr."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

jeez...sorry about the misspells....and forget that last sentence.

49 months ago

One more thing....somone please differentiate between an "engineer" and a "programmer." I'm not sure which I need.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.