Anyone work as a Spanish Linguist for MVM Inc?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (34)

Jake in Lavon, Texas

42 months ago

ComNothing from them which sucks, but im working selling phones now!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lourdes in Mercer Island, Washington

41 months ago

I applied and sent the forms almost 8 months ago, haven't heard from them yet, I tried to contact them via email but no answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fracksgurl121 in Hemet, California

39 months ago

haha. I applied too I did all the security clearance forms shananigans. I sent them in like October then i got them sent back to make corrections. Anyways i have been getting contacted via email from Villalobos telling me that i was still in the security clearance process and it wouold take 3-12 mos yadayada. And then i was sent a paper asking me if i were to work there if i were available weekends and holidays and blahblah. i just sent that in. I wanted to know if anyone has gone through the same things as I or maybe even further...? I currently work at a clinic and i kinda hate how they take their precious time in MVM.BUt if in the end the pay is great then i guess its worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mexa

37 months ago

Don't worry I know exactly what ur talking about. I also applied towards the end of Dec and received the same docs u did. I'm still waiting, it does take a while but God willing we all get the job. Lol. Good luck.

fracksgurl121 in Hemet, California said: haha. I applied too I did all the security clearance forms shananigans. I sent them in like October then i got them sent back to make corrections. Anyways i have been getting contacted via email from Villalobos telling me that i was still in the security clearance process and it wouold take 3-12 mos yadayada. And then i was sent a paper asking me if i were to work there if i were available weekends and holidays and blahblah. i just sent that in. I wanted to know if anyone has gone through the same things as I or maybe even further...? I currently work at a clinic and i kinda hate how they take their precious time in MVM.BUt if in the end the pay is great then i guess its worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Alpharetta, Georgia

36 months ago

Glenda in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: Wow! 8 months! I was under the impression it would be about 4 months starting from the moment you first apply. I applied end of May. Is the security clearance package different from (300 200, etc) all the forms you fill out after you pass the test or are they the same?

It can take up to a year, and only if the agency you applied for is selected, you will get the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Still Waiting in El Centro, California

32 months ago

Has anyone gotten hired at MVM Inc.? I'm still waiting for them to call me. I was wondering if anyone has started working for them. Is it worth the wait?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

fracksgurl121 in Escondido, California

32 months ago

I waited for like almost a year and they have renewed security packages so i had to fill those out AGAIN! and after all this waiting and paperwork I was told that they were not going to move forward with the application progress with me. I know i am more than qualified, passed their little test with flying colors and have a BA in 4 languages. So idk what their prob is. Whatever, never again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Still Waiting in El Centro, California

32 months ago

fracksgurl121 in Escondido, California said: I waited for like almost a year and they have renewed security packages so i had to fill those out AGAIN! and after all this waiting and paperwork I was told that they were not going to move forward with the application progress with me. I know i am more than qualified, passed their little test with flying colors and have a BA in 4 languages. So idk what their prob is. Whatever, never again.

What was the test like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fracksgurl121 in Escondido, California

32 months ago

Still Waiting in El Centro, California said: What was the test like?

Well I do not know how far you are in the process but you have to pass their audio translating test. You hear an Audio that is like 3 minutes long and you have to translate it to English and also write it in the language you are hearing AND everything must be gramatically correct with correct accents and everything. and its timed. If your grammar is great and you are good with translating coloquial terms then you're fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

linguist101 in Clearwater, Florida

28 months ago

Don't spend your time applying with them. I, and other linguist have worked with this company and I can tell you that they are not a company worth working for. The pay is not great (it used to be better, not anymore), you get no training, the supervisors they have treat the linguist horribly and don't know what they're doing (some don't know Spanish which makes you wonder how they got to be supervisors to begin with). The company treats linguist horribly (i.e you never hear from them like a lot of you have said). Google MVM Inc. and you'll notice a lot of court cases pop up with previous employees (they also hire security and other services). Due to all these problems MVM is loosing a lot of the contracts with the government agencies so there is really no point in applying with them any longer. If they don't have a contract, then you don't have a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Multi-Lingual in Rockville, Maryland

26 months ago

This company MVM underbid AECOM/McNeil Tech by 12 Million dollars. You buy cheap you get cheap. The people do not answer phones most of the time. They do not return phone calls or email. They do not keep appointments. People who work at the site and wish to transfer to MVM, I am told, have to take a $5/hr cut in pay. There is a great dissatisfaction with the way the company operates. Last time that a cheap company like this won the award, they could not deliver and were thrown out and McNeil came in to fix the mess. I would not hold my breathe. I don't think they can survive for long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Linguist in White Plains, New York

26 months ago

Don't expect anything from this company. They undercut other companies by bidding cheap and the linguists pay the price one way or another.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

frankist in LA, California

25 months ago

What about FedSys?
I received an email about openings for DEA Spanish linguists that may come up from a contract they are bidding on, and I have just applied.
I don't have other details on pay, benefits,work hours/conditions, length of security clearance process, etc.

I tried googling for the info, but I've come up short.

I'd appreciate any insight into this company and the work.

Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

NewHire2012 in Bowie, Maryland

23 months ago

linguist101 in Clearwater, Florida said: Don't spend your time applying with them. I, and other linguist have worked with this company and I can tell you that they are not a company worth working for. The pay is not great (it used to be better, not anymore), you get no training, the supervisors they have treat the linguist horribly and don't know what they're doing (some don't know Spanish which makes you wonder how they got to be supervisors to begin with). The company treats linguist horribly (i.e you never hear from them like a lot of you have said). Google MVM Inc. and you'll notice a lot of court cases pop up with previous employees (they also hire security and other services). Due to all these problems MVM is loosing a lot of the contracts with the government agencies so there is really no point in applying with them any longer. If they don't have a contract , then you don't have a job.

That's funny because I just starting working with them and everything I was promised I received. They just won some contracts and should be starting a few more in a few months. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

NewHire2012 in Bowie, Maryland

23 months ago

Linguist in White Plains, New York said: Don't expect anything from this company. They undercut other companies by bidding cheap and the linguists pay the price one way or another.

I just started working with them and the salary they promised me is the same salary I was promised during the hiring process. So far all is good, the hiring process is long but it's worth the wait.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

NewHire2012 in Bowie, Maryland

23 months ago

Multi-Lingual in Rockville, Maryland said: This company MVM underbid AECOM/McNeil Tech by 12 Million dollars. You buy cheap you get cheap. The people do not answer phones most of the time. They do not return phone calls or email. They do not keep appointments. People who work at the site and wish to transfer to MVM, I am told, have to take a $5/ hr cut in pay. There is a great dissatisfaction with the way the company operates. Last time that a cheap company like this won the award, they could not deliver and were thrown out and McNeil came in to fix the mess. I would not hold my breathe. I don't think they can survive for long.

MVM, Inc has been in business for about 30 years, I have a feeling they are going to make it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Marlen Pacquiao in Alameda, California

22 months ago

For Bowie in Maryland...can you tell us how long from when you submitted the application, passed the test until you got hired? Does it really take up to a year?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NewHire2012 in Morrisville, Pennsylvania

22 months ago

It took about 8 months to finish the process, to include the security phase. I know some people who waited about a year, but a lot of the delay is because of budget, not MVM's budget but their clients budget. I had to update my forms a few times, I really thought about just dropping out of the process but I'm glad I waited.

It's a cool job and your will get lots of experience so it's worth the wait.

Hope that helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marlen Pacquiao in Alameda, California

22 months ago

Thank you for the information. One last question: I passed the test and then submitted the application. I was told I would be called for a phone interview. That was a week ago. Will they be calling my references soon or do they wait until the security clearance arrives? I called my old bosses telling them to expect a call soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marlen Pacquiao in Alameda, California

22 months ago

Do they go as far as visit neighbors as part of their security clearance?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

InterviewQuestion in Nashua, New Hampshire

22 months ago

Marlen Pacquiao in Alameda, California said: Thank you for the information. One last question: I passed the test and then submitted the application. I was told I would be called for a phone interview. That was a week ago. Will they be calling my references soon or do they wait until the security clearance arrives? I called my old bosses telling them to expect a call soon.

You should follow up in reference to your interview if you haven’t completed it yet. They are usually pretty good about scheduling everything fairly quickly.

They interview your reference during the interview process. They usually do them over the phone but sometime they meet with your reference, it depends on the investigator.

Let me know if you have any more questions, glad to help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

InterviewQuestion in Nashua, New Hampshire

22 months ago

Marlen Pacquiao in Alameda, California said: Do they go as far as visit neighbors as part of their security clearance?

No, not unless you have listed them on your security forms.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marlen Pacquiao in Alameda, California

22 months ago

Thank you for the information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Daz3 in Mesa, Arizona

21 months ago

Hello, does anyone know how long the contracts are? Will I be out of a job in two years? How secure is it? Thank you very much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

WinterBreak in Mclean, Virginia

21 months ago

Daz3 in Mesa, Arizona said: Hello, does anyone know how long the contracts are? Will I be out of a job in two years? How secure is it? Thank you very much.

Contract is good for 5 yrs, and the they go up for rebid. Once you're in you're in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sugoi in Falls Church, Virginia

21 months ago

Hi! I applied for the contract linguist position too, and it's been 6 months since they started on my security clearance. I took the Alta language tests 10 days ago, and I haven't heard back from my recruiter regarding the scores or status (I emailed him, no response). When will they contact me again and tell me what my next step is? Thanks a lot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sugoi in Falls Church, Virginia

21 months ago

And another question: Is it normal for me to never get any updates on the status/progress of my security clearance? I have not been contacted to do any phone or in-person interview with investigators, nor was I asked to update my forms/info in the past 6 months. Does anyone know? NewHire2012? Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shioban Villaplana in Michigan

21 months ago

sugoi in Falls Church, Virginia said: And another question: Is it normal for me to never get any updates on the status/progress of my security clearance? I have not been contacted to do any phone or in-person interview with investigators, nor was I asked to update my forms/info in the past 6 months. Does anyone know? NewHire2012? Thanks so much!

No, that's not the norm. If your recruiter doesn't respond I would contact the Recruiting Manager. Her email is camposc@mvminc.com

Hope that helps!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sugoi in Falls Church, Virginia

21 months ago

Shioban Villaplana in Michigan said: No, that's not the norm. If your recruiter doesn't respond I would contact the Recruiting Manager. Her email is camposc@mvminc.com

Hope that helps!!!

Thanks Shioban Villaplana! That definitely helps! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

spanish10 in New York, New York

20 months ago

Hello, Could you tell about the test -please. I am taking it in a couple of days.
Could I copy the dialogue in long hand and translate and then type it, I just think it would be faster for me.
My apologies for the silly question, I am just nervous.
Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marlen Pacquiao in Alameda, California

20 months ago

You have nothing to worry about. If you get nervous, it'll make it a lot more difficult. Time flies so I would concentrate on writing it out in the language you are hearing, then after that go into the translation. Wait until the end to make any grammatical or punctuation corrections. You can always rewind as many times as you'd like. The biggest downfall is when you get nervous. That's my advice after having taken it and passed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

raiquele in Phoenix, Arizona

10 months ago

I am waiting on my interview. Are there any tips you guys have? What are some things that I should definitely know about MVM or the Spanish Linguist position so I can get ready for my interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

raiquele in Phoenix, Arizona

10 months ago

NewHire2012 in Bowie, Maryland said: I just started working with them and the salary they promised me is the same salary I was promised during the hiring process. So far all is good, the hiring process is long but it's worth the wait.

How do your hours look? Are you a part time employee or a full time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

agonza46ny

4 months ago

Hi, could you send me their contact number of their general offices, if you have it?
I see that they are all over the country. I´m in Miami and would like to know if they work here. I´ve tried to google MVM Miami but nothing comes up.
Any suggestions,

Alvaro

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.