Tips for spanish teacher interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming spanish teacher interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Cassie in Reese, Michigan

87 months ago

I am wondering the same thing. I am supposed to have an interview in a week, in which they are going to have me use my Spanish. I am wondering what they ask you in Spanish, the basic education questions are easy. I am very nervious. If you figure anything out e-mail me at cdorsch@svsu.edu.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

soy yo in Beacon, New York

67 months ago

Cassie in Reese, Michigan said: I am wondering the same thing. I am supposed to have an interview in a week, in which they are going to have me use my Spanish. I am wondering what they ask you in Spanish, the basic education questions are easy. I am very nervious. If you figure anything out e-mail me at cdorsch@svsu.edu.

Thanks

Which are the basic education questions that they ask in an interview?
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Magnolia New in chicago, Illinois

52 months ago

Hello
I was wondering if you all could give me some honest advice. I am really not sure what to do. You see I am at a point in my life which should be one of the happiest but I am very distressed.
I have overcome many obstacles to achieve my life long dream of being an bilingual/Eel Elementary teacher.
I have overcome a very weird background where I was brought up in sex cult and given no schooling.
I had to start from scratch, I studied GED books on my own and then moved of from that to college.
I will now be graduating in one month and while I am really proud of myself I am also so incredibly sad.
I have done a lot great things in my life such as working with the sisters of charity in India and also Nepal.
A trip which I had to raise funds for all on my own.
The problem I am having is there is one thing that I did which was so stupid!!!
I let my brother talk me into becoming an exotic dancer.
He received a half paid for scholarship to go Virginia law school but he wanted to be able to go to school comfortably.
He suggested that I work as a dancer and help pay for him and them when he graduated he would pay for me to finish school.
I decided to do this and ended up dancing for three years. This was a terrible lonely scary time in my life and I almost did make it out.
I did though stay true to myself by maintained my pride throughout the whole ordeal by never doing any thing stupid like drugs, drinking or in moral I simply just danced.
well my Brother ended up dropping out law school so this plan of his never panned out but I decided to not let them keep me from following my dream.
I took out loans and now I can almost see the reward.
I am currently student teaching and I am so happy. I love teaching these children.
I am especially committed to their success because I never want any of them to go through what I went through.
I want to make sure they are set up with the tools they need to stand up for themselves and make good choices.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Spanish tutor in Tempe, Arizona

52 months ago

I would recommend brushing up on your Spanish fluency before your interview. Schools are requiring higher levels of fluency for teachers now in order to increase the success of their students. Below are some options I found useful.
www.letutor.com/classes/spanish-classes/
www.ilanguageschool.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

loju31 in Edmond, Oklahoma

52 months ago

teacher in Naperville, Illinois said: I had a interview and they gave me a letter in English to be translated into Spanish. It was a letter from the school to the parents.

Eso depende de si la escuela es Publica o Privada. Las escuelas publicas normalmente contratan maestro graduado. Y que yo sepa, las escuelas publicas de Alabama solo contratan ciudadanos americanos!
It depends on a Public or Private school. Public school usually hired graduates teachers. And as I know Alabama Public school only hires cityzens!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

loju31 in Edmond, Oklahoma

52 months ago

Spanish tutor in Tempe, Arizona said: I would recommend brushing up on your Spanish fluency before your interview. Schools are requiring higher levels of fluency for teachers now in order to increase the success of their students. Below are some options I found useful.
www.letutor.com/classes/spanish-classes/
www.ilanguageschool.com[/QUOTE

Your tells appears as advertising what you're trying to sell the program! My recomendation to a person who wants to speak a second, or other language, just try to think in that language. For example, if you already have some English, then must think in English. Do not makes mentally translations in your own language to say something in English!
Tus palabras aparentan que tratas es de vender el programa. Yo recomemdacon a la persona que quiere hablar un segndo, u otro cualquier idioma lo que debe es tratar de pensar en ese idioma. Por ejemplo, si ya tiene algo de ingles, solo debes pensar en ingles. No hacer traducciones mentalmente en su propio idioma para luego decirlo en Ingles.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marissa in Avon, Indiana

26 months ago

I read your post because I couldn't sleep, and I was thinking about how much I need a job. I was lying here feeling sorry for myself, and then I read your post. I had a normal childhood, great parents, and still have wonderful friends, family, and husband. After reading your post, i realize that I shouldn't complain about stupid little things In my life. I sincerely wish the best for you in the future, and I think you are going to be amazing and inspiring with the kids. If you haven't already, make sure that you get rid of the demons from your past. I mean that in a very literal sense. If you were raised in a cult, then there are going to be serious spiritual battles and entities that you need to expel before being around children. Children are very sensitive to these things, and I don't want that to hinder you. God Jehovah bless you and keep you. Hang in there!
Jesus loves you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.