Orlando area SLP salary info???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

speechpath70458 in Mandeville, Louisiana

18 months ago

Does anyone have information re salary info for SLPs in the Orlando area? I have ASHA Cs and experience in public schools, home health, and private practice. My visit rate along gulf coast MS is 70/visit for eval and 65/visit for a regular visit. I'm wondering if the Orlando area home health market is comparable. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

shannonm2461 in Busan, Korea, Republic of

18 months ago

The market is over saturated in Orlando, partly due to UCF's SLP program there. It would be difficult to find a job, and most jobs available don't really pay that much. I believe schools start at $42,000 a year, PP is about $50,000, and SNF is about $55,000.

ginger in Winter Park, Florida

17 months ago

I would Early Steps programs provider of early intervention servicesin your state. Therapists do home visits and I know here is Orlando there is a shortage of SLPs doing visits for kiddos 0-3 years of age.

speechpath70458 in Winter Garden, Florida

10 months ago

I thought I would come back to the post w/ info. I'm the person who originally posted. I've been in the Orlando area since July. I went to work in a snf in Winter Haven, and they were paying 40 to 45. It is only about 30 to 40 min from Orlando. The more remote areas seem to pay better. I left to work in the schools. I think I'm starting in low 40s. As stated above.. I have M.S., CCC, and 5 yrs. experience. One think I've learned... don't sell yourself short. We need to demand more like OT/PT. hope this helps

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.