Should I double major in Psych and Communication Sciences and disorders or get a minor?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

hall hall in 40620, Illinois

34 months ago

I am already a junior and i love psych so i plan on finishing that up but i really like the idea of being a speech pathologist. I am just scared of the work load. I am not smart and i know anatomy is a required course..is that the hardest class in the communication sciences and disorders major?

Have there been people to double up in these two fields who aren't smart, but still did well, and was able to balance being in a sorority? I have considered just getting a minor in communication sciences and disorders, but i hear i need to fulfill all of the requirements for the Masters Program for speech pathology..

Like i said i'm not smart, but i do work hard. I am definitely scared but i want to do it. If there are any online sites where i can practice anatomy and other courses to be learned in communication sciences and disorders please let me know!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hall hall in 40620, Illinois

34 months ago

someone help!

susiev63 in Wethersfield, Connecticut

31 months ago

Keep mulling this over. I think if you do some research into the Masters Programs (i.e., taking the GRE's, grade requirements, class prerequisites, costs), you might have an easier decision. I can't imagine what a minor in comm. disorders would do for you. Check out requirements to be a speech assistant. Or, put your all into the psych, and become an awesome therapist with some kind of social work degree. Go talk to the career counselor at your school. Get some advice! Talk to the psych and speech professors/supervisors in those departments. And don't tell them that you're not smart! You made it through over 2 years of college, right??!!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.