Speech and Language Pathology

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Virtuous1 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

54 months ago

Hi! I have my B.S. in speech and language pathology/Audiology and I would like to go to Grad school but I can't find any programs that will allow you to work while attending school. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? Specifically for the states of Louisiana, Texas, Florida, and NY. What other jobs can I apply for with my B.S. degree in SLP? I would hate to think I've completed 4 years of college for nothing. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Briennbe in Macomb, Illinois

53 months ago

I am currently in grad school to be an SLP. Most schools offer some sort of "Graduate Associateship" where you "work" at the school, for a specific teacher or something, and they pay a little, but tuition is waived. Maybe something like that will work. If you have already completed the four years you should definitely go for the MS. I think it will be worth it! (it's not that much more difficult that undergrad-more fun too!)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Learning Something New Everyday in California

53 months ago

Virtuous1 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: Hi! I have my B.S. in speech and language pathology/Audiology and I would like to go to Grad school but I can't find any programs that will allow you to work while attending school. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? Specifically for the states of Louisiana, Texas, Florida, and NY. What other jobs can I apply for with my B.S. degree in SLP? I would hate to think I've completed 4 years of college for nothing. Thank you.

California State University, Northridge and Nova Southeastern University, Florida (Ft. Lauderdale-Davie)are online programs where you could earn your master's degree. If you have anymore questions about either one of these programs you can go on www.slpjob.com/lougne/forum/index.php?showforum=11 to get more information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

virtuous1 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

53 months ago

Thank you! I will definitely look into those options.

virtuous1 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

53 months ago

Thanks, that is what I am looking for. What school are you currently attending?

slp83 in Scottsdale, Arizona

42 months ago

Arizona State University has the Professional Enhancement Program (PEP Program) which allows you to work as an SLPA at a school for your internship hours, and you can do the program in 2 or 3 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DeAnn Wells in Gilbert, Arizona

41 months ago

slp83 in Scottsdale, Arizona said: Arizona State University has the Professional Enhancement Program (PEP Program) which allows you to work as an SLPA at a school for your internship hours, and you can do the program in 2 or 3 years.

I'm considering the PEP program at ASU. How many hours a night and how many nights a week do you go to school? What do you think of the program? Any information that you have would be helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.