speech-language pathology assistantI'

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Pam in Middletown, Connecticut

48 months ago

I've just started looking into a career as a Speech-language pathology assistant. Can anyone tell me about this career? Are there a lot of jobs out there and is the pay decent?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jameson in Arlington, Virginia

48 months ago

Hello,

I was an SLP-A in the state of Arizona, and it was a nice job that payed hourly about 20 an hour in a private practice. These jobs may be hard to come by because of the paperwork now required. This type of position varies state to state, and there is a strong push in the field of speech-language pathology to get a master's degree to practice. So much knowledge is needed to adequately help people with speech and language difficulties, so I ended up starting a master's program to get a degree and become a certified speech-language pathologist.

ann tarkington in Huntington Beach, California

45 months ago

I am graduating from A SLPA program in December. Are there any jobs in Orange County, Ca.?

TROD in Chula Vista, California

42 months ago

ann tarkington in Huntington Beach, California said: I am graduating from A SLPA program in December. Are there any jobs in Orange County, Ca.?

I know of Providence Speech and Hearing Center is currently looking for a SLPA. They are located in OC.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.