People who are speech pathologists.....

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

CT in Allen Park, Michigan

40 months ago

Hi, I have read quite a few forums on here about speech pathology but I would really like for anyone out there who is a speech pathologist to give me specific details on every aspect of the career... salary, every day job duties.. It is not all about money but Id like to make a decent living from a masters degree. I have an idea but I have had people tell me that ten or twenty years from now, their wont be a huge demand for them... or that it will mostly be part time or contract work. I dont want to take out such an expensive loan and the amount of time if that's the case.. I work in a nursing home and I adore seeing the speech therapists working with the residents. I am totally confused as to go into occupational therapy or the speech pathology program( which is my first interest). Any advice from experienced speech or occupational therapists would be greatly appreciated...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

agecatarina@gmail.com in Salt Lake City, Utah

38 months ago

Hello everyone. Anyway know what icd-9 code to use for pt education? Can this code be used in a clinic? For example pt education for pre-operation pts. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

agecatarina@gmail.com in Salt Lake City, Utah

38 months ago

CT in Allen Park, Michigan said: Hi, I have read quite a few forums on here about speech pathology but I would really like for anyone out there who is a speech pathologist to give me specific details on every aspect of the career... salary, every day job duties.. It is not all about money but Id like to make a decent living from a masters degree. I have an idea but I have had people tell me that ten or twenty years from now, their wont be a huge demand for them... or that it will mostly be part time or contract work. I dont want to take out such an expensive loan and the amount of time if that's the case.. I work in a nursing home and I adore seeing the speech therapists working with the residents. I am totally confused as to go into occupational therapy or the speech pathology program( which is my first interest). Any advice from experienced speech or occupational therapists would be greatly appreciated...

I am a speech pathologist. I have never heard that in another 10 years there will not be jobs. I have never had a difficult time finding a job and I love my job. The best part is that you can work in a variety of settings with all ages.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.