Getting a staffing coordinator job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

How did you get your start doing staffing coordinator work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Happy in San Jose, California

83 months ago

An administrative background & knowledge of Outlook is a plus. If you work at a current company ask the staffing team if you could help with scheduling even if it's just a small amount of scheduling atleast that way you understand how to schedule.

Once you do it once, it's pretty easy, but just a lot of juggling and coordinating. Think of it like this. When you make an appt. say for the CEO and a VP you would add them both to outlook and also reserve a conference room right.

Well, scheduling interviews is similar, but it involves you pulling up every team members schedule and coordinating time slots from begenning to end and booking a conference room all through outlook.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Catera in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

72 months ago

It depends on the staffing company. I started with Freedom 4 months ago, I talked about my customer service/management/computer skills and they put me on a probationary period to try me out and here I am!

Having a current, well thought out resume is also key. You can go on Monster.com to help you with that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.