Do Not Work for Robert Half

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

ex-staffing manager in Champaign, Illinois

74 months ago

Poor management in Saint Louis. The market is flooded with ex-Robert Half employees. They've either been fired for poor production (and poor because the company is greedy) or they're smart enough to leverage their experience to get a better job. The regional manager is definitely the dullest knife in the block. In a 30 minute conference call, she utters, "Ummm" at least 140 times. No kidding. Ask the staffing managers - they're counting! Great place to gain experience if you want to work in hell for a year (if you make it!). Otherwise, you can forgetaboutit!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

I Agree in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY! Staffing Managers are quitting left and right in SAINT LOUIS and I know for a fact that there are more resignations to come. Management does not understand the concept of retention. Management does not understand their own Sales Tracking rules. The regional manager constantly makes exceptions to the rule to benefit the person bringing in the $$ at the moment. Seriously, you'll be happier working a temp job than working for Robert Half.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

I Agree in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

At least 2 people quit last week and 2 people quit this week in Saint Louis. What do you think that says about the job?! Ask ANY ex-Robert Half employee and they will tell you management's lack of competency! They take any entrepreneurial spirit that you may have and micromanage it out of you. If management would actually take their heads out of their backsides and wipe the stupidity out of their eyes, they might see how they have run the respectability out of the name ROBERT HALF in Saint Louis. Employers respect the good people that have come out of the company, but they certainly don't respect the company itself for its oh-so-ethical business practices. For a company that preaches "Ethics First," management sure has a way of ignoring it. Oh, and as a note, 200% turnover in a year doe not daunt Saint Louis management. They either don't care or are too stupid to see what the revolving door syndrome does to their book of business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

spoiledrider in Rancho Cucamonga, California

52 months ago

I just turned down a position with Benchmark Staffing (Robert Half). The vibe there is so weird. I asked why positions were open and they kept changing the story. Then they like to make you meet with the branch manager, then regional manager, and then the regional manager's personal assistant. Then they wanted to do another interview and nothing new was said. I mean this is ridiculous. I am happy with my decision to go to another staffing firm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Techie00 in Woodbridge, New Jersey

43 months ago

I was one of the few people to voluntarily leave RHI. I gave my two weeks notice and they decided that they wanted me to leave that day. They promised to pay me for the two weeks and to keep my benefits in tact until the end of the month. After several phone calls they finally paid me for only one week. Took out a full months pay of medical deductions yet cancelled my benefits the day I gave noticed. They promised to reinstate them; you can imagine my surprise when I tried to pick up my prescriptions and the pharmacist told me I no longer had coverage. I have never seen a Cobra letter nor will anyone from RHI's benefits line return my call. My former collegues were advised not to speak to me. Anyone considering a career with RHI should really think twice. When it comes to job stability, job satisfaction, and long term career objectives you'd be better off at McDonalds. They at least pay their employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kika_ in El Paso, Texas

41 months ago

They just call me to ofer me the ob. Should I consider it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

They Lie in Exton, Pennsylvania

37 months ago

They rope you in with these fake easy-to-get-along-with personalities and try to sell the job to you. It takes about three months to see through it. The ones who were successful are largely sucessful by absorbing accounts from those who have left (but they want to act like it's all their efforts). They are very comfortable liars to the candidates, staff, and clients. If you have a strong consciounce it is a tough place to work. I'm still there after 9 months; doing reasonbly well but increasingly unhappy. nobody makes the goal numbers (I'm sure none of your managers made the requisite number of connects EVERY DAY), so they willc ite that as a flimpsy excuse on which to let people go, but it's usually not about something you haven't done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Katy, Texas

36 months ago

Robert Half typically has some pretty decent positions. The problem is that you have to deal with Robert Half! So, whenever I see a position that is posted by Robert Half, I ignore it. The recruiters never call you back. They make you sign something that's similar to signing your life away. I'd stay away from them like the plague. They lie to you. If they lie to you, they'll steal from you. If they steal from you, they're cheating you. I have no desire to use any company that uses Robert Half.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DC member in Alexandria, Virginia

36 months ago

They Lie in Exton, Pennsylvania said: They rope you in with these fake easy-to-get-along-with personalities and try to sell the job to you. It takes about three months to see through it. The ones who were successful are largely sucessful by absorbing accounts from those who have left (but they want to act like it's all their efforts). They are very comfortable liars to the candidates, staff, and clients. If you have a strong consciounce it is a tough place to work. I'm still there after 9 months; doing reasonbly well but increasingly unhappy. nobody makes the goal numbers (I'm sure none of your managers made the requisite number of connects EVERY DAY), so they willc ite that as a flimpsy excuse on which to let people go, but it's usually not about something you haven't done.

I was offered a job in the DC market. Has anyone worked there before. I also wanted to lknow how much I should ask for as a Staffing Manager with no experience.

I was offered a job in there DC market. Has anyone worked there? And if so, I have never done this type of job before. How much should I ask for? How do they pay for a staffing manager position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

RHI is Unprofessional! in Humble, Texas

35 months ago

Matt in Katy, Texas said: Robert Half typically has some pretty decent positions. The problem is that you have to deal with Robert Half! So, whenever I see a position that is posted by Robert Half, I ignore it. The recruiters never call you back. They make you sign something that's similar to signing your life away. I'd stay away from them like the plague. They lie to you. If they lie to you, they'll steal from you. If they steal from you, they're cheating you. I have no desire to use any company that uses Robert Half.

I so agree with you. They are the worst group of recruiters I have come across. However, a handful are good, but that is not enough. All I needed was dates of employment and the recruiter never called me. But when I called them, they were rude and extremely unprofessional. Then the recruiter said she called and left me a message. She never called, never left a message.....complete LIE! I use to like working for them, but now I would have to reconsider it, they are not professional enough for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

You're all wrong in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

34 months ago

Great company to work for!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Unhappy in Washington, District of Columbia

34 months ago

Working for Accountemps now.

GOOD: Fast and friendly service. Tuition reimbursement after working several thousand hours.

BAD: They promised me an accounts payable/receivable position, instead I'm a glorified receptionist. I answer the door all day. They pester your site managers weekly. They call my job at least every other week to check up on me which I've never experienced before. I've asked them for a new position and they told me to stay put just to "collect a paycheck." A week later, still haven't heard anything from them. I fear that I might get fired due to asking for a new position b/c shortly after, I saw their # pop up on the caller id. Upon answering, they asked to speak to my manager instead of me. They didn't know it was me who answered. One Friday I called in sick, and I received so much attitude from the once bubbly recruiter/agents about when I would be back. My onsite boss was the one who urged me to take off b/c I had a virus. Part time work is hard to find but I'll keep on trucking. I'm almost positive that I am working for much less than the cleaning/maintenance crew in my building. I'm getting under $9.60/hr with zero holiday pay or sick leave. Since accepting this job, I've fallen behind on rent and on the verge of eviction. In the past, I've worked for smaller agencies such as, Midtown Group, Ajilon, MB Staffing, Banner Staffing and ALL of them have paid for holidays including DC's Emancipation Day. Now instead of just searching for part-time work, I'm also contacting DC's Homeless Prevention Program for emergency rental assistance and I've applied and was approved for my first food stamps and medicaid. There's nothing wrong with gov't assistance, I just never thought I'd be applying for it while working at the prestigious Robert Half International.

Overall, if you're desperate for a position as I was, then go for it. But keep your options wide open.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beatrice in Boston, Massachusetts

15 months ago

Sara in Seattle, Washington said: I've worked for RHI's division, "OfficeTeam", for well over three months now. They have been nothing but professional. They have placed me on excellent assignments consistently and I've had work every day I've been available. That is hard to say for most temporary staffing agencies!

It is unfortunate that you all seemed to have suffered unprofessional and down right awful managers. That is truly unacceptable. But not all branches are that way. Robert Half is a large company (No Duh!). Advising people to avoid working for your branch is one thing, but as a whole, Robert Half would not be as sucessful as it is if it truly is as you say.

If I had seen this thread and listened to you, I would be missing out on FREE Training, Certifications, Consistent pay with increasing wages and potential Tuition Reimbursement!

This sounds like a manager from Robert Half. Nice hack job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Running Scare in Sacramento, California

10 months ago

The Robert Half/ Office Team in Sacramento Area is very unprofessional. Knowing your qualification up from they will send you on a job that your over qualified for, to make money. One of the office manager at Robert Half / Office Team made the statement to me that "we make money off you why we not send out to a job. When I called in to state the job they sent me on what not what they said it be they refused to find me another job. If you want to keep your career in high standing. They don't follow through knowing a month in advance that your assigment is ending to find another assignment. They refuse to aknowledge your emails or take your calls when searching for another assigment. I was let go off an assigment after two days stating I was over qulafied. I know the job market is slow but take PRIDE in your career because Robert Half/ Office won't. Don't go to Robert Half/Office Team

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana

10 months ago

Sounds like they have a revolving door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anon in West Orange, New Jersey

23 days ago

Kika_ in El Paso, Texas said: They just call me to ofer me the ob. Should I consider it?

Wow. Just... Wow.
I applied for a job this morning on Career Builder and my resume is stellar with no gaps (currently employed, thank you very much). That's when I got a Lovely phone call from Joe Carrabs from the Rutherford office. He said he was calling about "a job I had applied for",[del] phished [/del] fished around a bit for some personal info on where I was working & why I'd ever jump ship and then said that it was "an introductory call" and that he had no job to speak to me about.

"Wait a minute, Joe. You're calling me, asking about my personal information, and you have no job that fits my skill set? What?" It was it this point that Gentleman Joe replied "Don't You Ever Apply For A Job Through MY Company EVER Again!!!"

Account Temps = Robert Half which evidently is also = 100% owned/controlled by King Joe Carrabs.

*Genuflect* *Genuflect* *Genuflect* *Genuflect*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.