Interview Preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming stationary engineer interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Len in San Jose in Oakland, California

67 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming stationary engineer interview?

It will all depend on the plant. I have been doing this since 1971 and I can not say that there are any common questions.
You to understand HVAC, boilers, electricity (know why 480/277 and 208/120) there is too much that either you know or do not know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wcvick@comcast.net in Oak Forest, Illinois

60 months ago

Ive have been in HVAC a number of years.Ive been employed as a process operator for the last 20 years. I am very familiar large commerical pumps controll valves and all things associated industrial equipment. Recently I have obtained a 4th class NIULPE stationary engineer license; with the hopes of getting into the building engineer field in the Chicago area any tips or leads would be a life saver and greatly appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bored in Omaha, Nebraska

46 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming stationary engineer interview?

Yes as I have went to many interviews and also gave interviews, there are many questions to give and recieve. We already seen your quilifications, we now want to see how you react to your own answerrs you already gave.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

badmofo in Lincoln, California

43 months ago

I'M CURRENTLY A MEMBER OF THE UA UNION FOR 15+ YEARS AND TRYING TO GET A JOB AT A HOSPITAL AS A STATIONARY ENGINEER. I WILL HAVE TO TAKE A HONORABLE WITH DRAW FROM THE UA TO JOIN OPERATOR 39. ARE GUY'S LIKE ME WITH A SOLID MECHANICAL BACK ROUND HAVE A CHANCE?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Len in San Jose, California

42 months ago

Yes. Most chief's want people that can do the job, that will be the main thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gregleavy in Chicago, Illinois

42 months ago

As an HVACR professional, I Gregory P. Leavy CM pledge to:

Safeguard human health and welfare and perform my work competently and well;
Cheerfully and willingly promote harmony and good will among my associates, my fellow members, and my industry;
Strive for a better understanding of sound business principles and practices, and be honest and sincere in all business dealings;
Be of good moral character to merit and nurture the confidence and respect of my community and those I serve;
Deal fairly with my associates, and avoid activities or practices which might discredit my profession;
Study my industry and craft so that my knowledge and skills may always represent the best that is attainable in my chosen field;
Be ever mindful of the fundamental dignity and worth accruing to the HVACR service technician from living the Refrigeration Service Engineers Society’s motto, “Better Service Through Knowledge.”
RSES Code of Ethics

Sincerely,

Gregory P. Leavy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.