Tips for statistician interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming statistician interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Erick in Mission, Kansas

79 months ago

I just want to see your comments

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Todd in Canton, Ohio

73 months ago

Go in with a bunch of experience, cause you have a snowball's chance in hell of getting any statistics position if you are a new graduate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

taylorjohn07 in Indianapolis, Indiana

73 months ago

Todd in Canton, Ohio said: Go in with a bunch of experience, cause you have a snowball's chance in hell of getting any statistics position if you are a new graduate

Todd, I'm a Dec. 07 grad and it's been difficult and i'm a engineering technologist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

donita in Jakarta, Indonesia

69 months ago

i need that tips,,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

saipeople in kingwood, Texas

69 months ago

I suggest you to be aware of the following points which are frequently asked in interviews

* Advanced knowledge of statistical methods routinely used in clinical trials.
* Advanced knowledge of processes for planning, conducting, data processing, analysis and reporting of clinical trials.
* Proficient use of statistical analysis software (SAS).
* Superb understanding of drug development processes.
* Great oral and written communication skills.
* Solid knowledge of FDA and ICH regulations applicable to the design, analysis and reporting of clinical trials.
* Profound ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
* Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
* Uncommon ability to select and use training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
* Expert in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Solid understanding of the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
* Immense working knowledge of major statistical software package (Splus, SAS and Stata) and experience in computing in both Windows and UNIX environment.

Saipeople
www.saipeople.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.