Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are typical stylist salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Raoul Louis in Brooklyn, New York

89 months ago

I,am very talented I have the eye for fashion like for example puting pieces from the shoes to a nice top and bottom , accersories I also know how to sew and have schetches that i drew for my own line that i need to put out there . my question is where do you go and how do you about putting your self out education but you have the skills and talent and your determine because there is alot of designers and stylist out there with no formal training or education , money but are successful now .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sandrea in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

I have been in the business for 12 yrs now. One thing I will tell you if you think this is your future then make sure you have a mat under your chair. It is so important for your body in the future. I now have lower back pain and may have to get out of the business because of this... Anyway I have worked for many different companies in my career. Mostly franchies the reason is you can move up easier and the client just keep coming in. You can make really good money as a stylist if you listen to your cients. But I will never do something that would not look amazing on my cient and don't be affraid to tell them this. They want to know you are listening and that you care...Even if you don't fake it...We are great at that..lol So confident is key in our career and it usually carries along in our personal life as well. When you are looiking for a job look the manager in the eyes that shows you are confident and you are paying attention and always ask about the past of the business. You don't want to get hired then have to leave because they are closing down....The most important thing I can tell you is always tell your client your name... and take pride in your work and they will not only come back to see you but they will bring there friends only to you.... If you have any questions you can email me Sandreaisdas**t@yahoo.com
Hope I helped..
Sandrea

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Raoul Louis in Brooklyn, New York

89 months ago

where do i start i need to get my life together i am very talented and hard working i love fashion iam good at sewing i have my on schetches i am good at dress people making them feel good

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.