CADC Cert SA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (25)

Hilda in Waterbury,CT in New Haven, Connecticut

83 months ago

Lou in Killeen, Texas said: I am looking for a job in a state that will hire a CADC. NOT a lic one but a certified one. I don't understand how in one state I can help and counsel an alcohlic or SA then cross a state line and be worth nothing! Even with 5 years experience and 2 years as a SA supervisor. I have paid for and passed the national test.

CT hire people just with experience , if you hava CADC is good, a lic much better

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dave in Reno, Nevada

76 months ago

Lou in Killeen, Texas said: I am looking for a job in a state that will hire a CADC. NOT a lic one but a certified one. I don't understand how in one state I can help and counsel an alcohlic or SA then cross a state line and be worth nothing! Even with 5 years experience and 2 years as a SA supervisor. I have paid for and passed the national test.

Lou
Your CADC is good in this state....if you have lots of experience...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

cheeze in fla in Ocala, Florida

68 months ago

Lou in Killeen, Texas said: I am looking for a job in a state that will hire a CADC. NOT a lic one but a certified one. I don't understand how in one state I can help and counsel an alcohlic or SA then cross a state line and be worth nothing! Even with 5 years experience and 2 years as a SA supervisor. I have paid for and passed the national test.

the key is to be international certified /having reciprocity.hope this helps write to your state board of certification for information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dick in florida

66 months ago

Does anyone know what states have retroprocity for substance abuse counselors that have their license in Nevada?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

christine in Middletown, New Jersey

66 months ago

if you live in nj please join my yahoo group. it is for cadc and lcadcs and those pursuing cadcs. this is a great networking and support group for professionals. i am hoping to get people working at all levels to be a part of this group to really make it beneficial on so many levels.
health.groups.yahoo.com/group/substance-abuse-counselors
this is the link to the groups
you will have to be a member of yahoo
then go to groups
this link should take you directly there
if not, the name of the group is
substance-abuse-counselors · CADC Networking & Support Grp
you can do a search of it on yahoo groups
hope to see you there
christine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

thepose in North Brunswick, New Jersey

56 months ago

christine in Middletown, New Jersey said: if you live in nj please join my yahoo group. it is for cadc and lcadcs and those pursuing cadcs. this is a great networking and support group for professionals. i am hoping to get people working at all levels to be a part of this group to really make it beneficial on so many levels.
health.groups.yahoo.com/group/substance-abuse-counselors
this is the link to the groups
you will have to be a member of yahoo
then go to groups
this link should take you directly there
if not, the name of the group is
substance-abuse-counselors · CADC Networking & Support Grp
you can do a search of it on yahoo groups
hope to see you there
christine

I cant find your group im looking for a new jesery group.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shantha in Middletown, New York

54 months ago

Could not find your group. I am looking to link with CADC's. I am currently studying for the test and looking for work. Is there a different link that can be used.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Angela in Waukesha, Wisconsin

53 months ago

I am a substance counselor in training, and is finding it very difficult to get a job. I have to put in 3000 hrs toward my certification. I need help....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carol Austin in Newington, Connecticut

48 months ago

Hilda in Waterbury,CT in New Haven, Connecticut said: CT hire people just with experience , if you hava CADC is good, a lic much better

www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=QHKCVGV0A&ff=21&APath=2.21.21.0.0&job_did=J8G1S66BGXTBXBHPH79

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Carol Austin in Newington, Connecticut

48 months ago

Hilda in Waterbury,CT in New Haven, Connecticut said: CT hire people just with experience , if you hava CADC is good, a lic much better

www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=QHKCVGV0A&ff=21&APath=2.21.21.0.0&job_did=J8G1S66BGXTBXBHPH79

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Valerie Belew in Griffin, Georgia

47 months ago

Lou in Killeen, Texas said: I am looking for a job in a state that will hire a CADC. NOT a lic one but a certified one. I don't understand how in one state I can help and counsel an alcohlic or SA then cross a state line and be worth nothing! Even with 5 years experience and 2 years as a SA supervisor. I have paid for and passed the national test.

I am having this same experience. I have managed and directed programs using only my Certification; now it is next to impossible to obtain a position in my field without also having a license, at least in the State of Georgia where I now own a home. I hate to pick up everything I own and move to another state at 60 years old, so I keep trying; however, I do not believe this is true in every state. Georgia is too conservative, republican, and privatized treatment services. Since substance abusers generally don't have money, jobs or insurance benefits, they are reduced to the back burner, and so are their counselors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tammy Hays in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

42 months ago

I'm a recruiter trying to find a CADAC certified counselor for a Mental Health Tech position at Sheppard Air Force Base in Wichita Falls, TX. I wish one of you were in my area b/c it has been a difficult to find someone with this certification. If interested, apply on-line at www.chickasaw.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nancy in Madison, Wisconsin

41 months ago

Tammy Hays in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: I'm a recruiter trying to find a CADAC certified counselor for a Mental Health Tech position at Sheppard Air Force Base in Wichita Falls, TX. I wish one of you were in my area b/c it has been a difficult to find someone with this certification. If interested, apply on-line at www.chickasaw.com .

I am a Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor, licensed in Wisconsin. I have international certification with reciprocity (ICRC). I have 5 years of experience in all 8 dimensions. I work with the offender population. I can relocate ... what are you looking for and what is the pay (unfortunately I have to ask as money these days IS an issue. I am currently working at a job I love but I am looking for a change).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mustafay329@att.net in Southfield, Michigan

39 months ago

Nancy in Madison, Wisconsin said: I am a Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor, licensed in Wisconsin. I have international certification with reciprocity (ICRC). I have 5 years of experience in all 8 dimensions. I work with the offender population. I can relocate ... what are you looking for and what is the pay (unfortunately I have to ask as money these days IS an issue. I am currently working at a job I love but I am looking for a change).
who="Ayisha in Southfield,Michigan"]I am a CADC with seventeen years of experience. I strongly agree with CADC's being given the same opportunity LMSW,LPC's,and other license professionals have because of the significant specialize skill a CADC has.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ronhood80 in White Plains, New York

38 months ago

Dave in Reno, Nevada said: Lou
Your CADC is good in this state....if you have lots of experience...

Its a $150 fee to convert a CADAC to a CASAC in new york, call OASAS!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

mustafay329@att.net in Southfield, Michigan

38 months ago

My name is Ayisha Mustafah,the CADC profession should be on the same scale as Master Social Workers.The MSW deal social issues and
resources.The CADC is skilled specificly with Addictions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mustafay329@att.net in Southfield, Michigan

38 months ago

Angela in Waukesha, Wisconsin said: I am a substance counselor in training, and is finding it very difficult to get a job. I have to put in 3000 hrs toward my certification. I need help....

[QUOTE who=Ayisha in Southfield,Michigan.I've been a substance abuse counselor for seventeen years,counseling a diverse population
of clients,correctional and mental illness/substance abuse.Some of
these client's have substance induced mental disorders,as a CADC we
have to be knowledgeable of how to distinguish the difference.You
can't rush the process of learning this profession.Look at the
recidivism of client's relapsing.It's because people are not really
skilled in this profession.Relax take your time to learn all you can,this problem of addiction is not going anywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kathybuttelmann in Canyon Lake, Texas

37 months ago

I am a certified substance abuse counselor from the state of Hawaii and nationally..I recently moved to san antonio texas and have applied for dozens of jobs, I'm lucky if I even get a reply. I have over 20 years experience. I do not understand why it is not in demand...with all the 18 wheelers and truck drivers, you'd think trucking companies would contract with SA counselors if one of their employees tested dirty..I'm sure they require drug tests randomly for liability sake alone..anyone heard of this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Someone in Fallon, Nevada

33 months ago

Dave in Reno, Nevada said: Lou
Your CADC is good in this state....if you have lots of experience...

You may try working with Tribes also. Try the Fallon Tribe. I think they may need someone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mariag345@optonline.net in Elmont, New York

25 months ago

christine in Middletown, New Jersey said: if you live in nj please join my yahoo group. it is for cadc and lcadcs and those pursuing cadcs. this is a great networking and support group for professionals. i am hoping to get people working at all levels to be a part of this group to really make it beneficial on so many levels.
health.groups.yahoo.com/group/substance-abuse-counselors
this is the link to the groups
you will have to be a member of yahoo
then go to groups
The link is no good. Could you please check it and repost it? I would love to join.
this link should take you directly there
if not, the name of the group is
substance-abuse-counselors · CADC Networking & Support Grp
you can do a search of it on yahoo groups
hope to see you there
christine

Can you please repost the link. It seems to be incorrect. I would love to join. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

L. K. in Atlanta, Georgia

19 months ago

Valerie Belew in Griffin, Georgia said: I am having this same experience. I have managed and directed programs using only my Certification; now it is next to impossible to obtain a position in my field without also having a license, at least in the State of Georgia where I now own a home. I hate to pick up everything I own and move to another state at 60 years old, so I keep trying; however, I do not believe this is true in every state. Georgia is too conservative, republican, and privatized treatment services. Since substance abusers generally don't have money, jobs or insurance benefits, they are reduced to the back burner, and so are their counselors.

I am wondering if you have been successful in finding a position. At 65, I am considering becoming certified in Abuse and alcohol. I will not choose to follow this idea if jobs are going to become an issue with this level of education/experience. What is your suggestion? thanks and good luck to you. L.K.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Valeriebelew

19 months ago

I have been working as a Substance Abuse Counselor now for over two years, so your answer is yes, I found a job. I also recently published a Noval about a woman's decent into the chaotic destruction of meth addiction, and her journey back to health through treatment. So my life is up and running again, and I am happy. Please contact me if you would like to learn more about my Noval, Undercover: Our Secret Obsessions. :-) v

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

vkinnaird in Fayetteville, North Carolina

17 months ago

Valeriebelew said: I have been working as a Substance Abuse Counselor now for over two years, so your answer is yes, I found a job. I also recently published a Noval about a woman's decent into the chaotic destruction of meth addiction, and her journey back to health through treatment. So my life is up and running again, and I am happy. Please contact me if you would like to learn more about my Noval, Undercover: Our Secret Obsessions. :-) v

Can you email me? veronicakinnaird@yahoo.com
Thank you :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dcooper747 in Sacramento, California

6 months ago

I recently relocated to Frisco,Tx.. I am CAADAC certified with three years experience. I have been looking for employment, but have been encountering difficulties.I don't understand why or if my CAADAC 1 certification is not valid in this state.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dcooper747@hotmail.com in Sacramento, California

6 months ago

Tammy Hays in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: I'm a recruiter trying to find a CADAC certified counselor for a Mental Health Tech position at Sheppard Air Force Base in Wichita Falls, TX. I wish one of you were in my area b/c it has been a difficult to find someone with this certification. If interested, apply on-line at www.chickasaw.com .

I recently moved to Frisco,Tx.. I'm a certified CADAC counselor with three years experience in AOD counseling. I have worked with the prop 36 court program, also the ADRC probation system in Calif. I'm looking for employment in my chosen field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.