What are typical supply chain manager salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Alex in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

Your salary will depend on what kind of a company you work for, your previous working experience, and whether you have a specialized degree or specialization. The more of these requirements you meet the better your earning potential. For example, I worked for a logistics provider/freight forwarder for two years, I then received a qualification of a certified customs broker, after which I left for a higher ranking position with a more prestigious company. I worked for this company for two years, and then went on to get an MBA with a concentration in supply chain management. After graduating, at the age of 29, I got a job with UPS. I recently started there, and my salary now is in the upper $80s. When I first entered this field I was making something like $32k.
As for qualifications, it helps to be very interested in international business, technology, and have a relatively natural predisposition to statistics. You also have to update your skills and knowledge on a regular basis, which takes place within the company you work for. They will have online classes, and information posted on the intranet. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

StepBeyond in Allen, Texas

83 months ago

StepBeyond.com specializes in electronics manufacturers.
Recent and current searches:
Global Supply Chain Manager (mechanical/metal/plastic/tooling), $10b+ Tier 1 EMS, Singapore, $10k
SC Director: $150k
Tier 1 EMS, Global SCD, Bay Area Calif, $150k sheet metal
Global SCM, big OEM Houston, $130k

www.stepbeyond.com
StepBeyond.com tm specializes in electronics product companies and the EMS companies (like solectron, flextronics, sanmina-sci, jabil, celestica, foxconn, plexus, ...) that serve them.

We have a job board for employers to post, and do research by the hour, and fee paid searches.
Positions filled:
SMT, sheet metal Enclosures, supply chain management, automotive electronics, manufacturing, assembly, engineering, npi, IE EE ME ChemE, smt process, pcba, mcm, DoD defense contractors, CEO COO CFO CTO CIO cxo, operations manager, business unit manager, business unit director, vice president, buyer, purchasing director, test engineer, ict, functional test, DFx dfm dft dfa, ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Billie in Tempe, Arizona

83 months ago

What is the average salary for a rotational program in supply chain management? What are reasonable benefits to negotiate? Should negotiations be done over the phone or is it better to do this in person? If you have a deadline should you request the benefits information before hand? Is that common? Is it okay to ask current rotational candidates their salaries?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.