surgery room scheduler

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

an62chev in Littleton, Colorado

67 months ago

What are the benefits/rewards of this career and how much education, and I'm 55 years old, is this too old?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

codyswoman in Akron, Ohio

63 months ago

well i work at a major hospital and i am 55 years old. I have taken a medical assisting course with medical terminology and have done transcription for a long, long time. however, the area i live in does not pay well. I have over 2 years experience in surgery scheduling at the place i work for and also helped to implement the computer system the hospital uses for perioperative charting as well as scheduling. I make 12 bucks an hour. this is a stressful, thankless job and i would not recommend it to anyone if you need to support yourself, which i do. in littleton, co., you probably would make more money, but the cost of living is most likely higher. you are not too old to be an RN, which makes about $30 an hour to start. So i would go with that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

carniesue in Nashville, Tennessee

44 months ago

I am a cardiac surgery scheduler and have been in this position for 12 years. I love it. It's fast paced and things change constantly but I love it and love the people I work with and love working with professionals and the families. Most of my training has been from previous experience, on the job training and self research. I make $19 an hour and am also in my 50's. You have to be able to work quickly, be adept at changing in an instant and be able to do more than one thing at a time. Every place you would work would be different.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.