What are typical surgery scheduler salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

codyswoman in Akron, Ohio

62 months ago

it seems like people think this job is more than it is. yes, you must have good terminology, good spelling skills, good typing skills, great customer service skills and the ability to get along as a team player. however, the pay of $12 an hour is so bad it is shameful. while nurses who make $30 an hour and up and crna people who make $140,000 sit around and complain about how stupid you are and blame every problem on you - believe me it is not worth it. i work for a hospital rated one of the best places to work in ohio. whatever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jeannie in Denver, Colorado

57 months ago

I have worked in this field for 5 years in. I made over 50,000 last year and I work in Denver, CO. I have to work a lot and my job is very stressful because I work for a LARGE group but I make about 24.00 dollars an hour. I also have pretty good benefits but not the best. Before this company I worked for a surgeon and made around 13.00 an hour and had excellent benifits. I made a lot less but was treated much better as it was a small office with skilled management. I also lived in a different state that pays less in general than in Colorado. The more schooling you have the better but overall I think once you get your foot in the door experience is KEY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

karen in Gaithersburg, Maryland

57 months ago

This seems to be all over the place in salary range. Get in with a good practice, when you develope a positive relationship with the patients, other surgical staff and facilities, they start to want to speak with you only.
This will let your practice know your value, u can then negotiate a higher rate. They will not want to see you go, u are like the right arm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gettom in Neenah, Wisconsin

4 months ago

Jeannie in Denver, Colorado said: I have worked in this field for 5 years in. I made over 50,000 last year and I work in Denver, CO. I have to work a lot and my job is very stressful because I work for a LARGE group but I make about 24.00 dollars an hour. I also have pretty good benefits but not the best. Before this company I worked for a surgeon and made around 13.00 an hour and had excellent benifits. I made a lot less but was treated much better as it was a small office with skilled management. I also lived in a different state that pays less in general than in Colorado. The more schooling you have the better but overall I think once you get your foot in the door experience is KEY.

I worked as a surgery scheduler for 11 years until they combined my job with another.. I thought the reason was 2 years till retirement. But anyhow...My pay was approximately $39,000 a year. I am not a nurse or tech but knew my business and everyone knew who to go to. It was a very stressful job and did affect my health. The area is Oshkosh Wisconsin where I was employed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.