Organ Transplant

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Ashley in Jacksonville, Florida

89 months ago

I am currently a ST student. It is my dream to work @ Mayo as a STSR in there Organ Transplant service! Any advice on how I can obtain my goal??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Jacksonville, Florida

89 months ago

I worked on the transplant team for a year and a half and the experience was fantastic. I will how ever warn you it is not what is once was. Mayo is going through a lot of changes and most of them being negative. It was once a phenomenal place to work. If you truly want to be on a transplant team I would consider Baylor in Dallas TX or Orlando,if you want to stay in FL. I would also highly recommend you be a tech in the main OR for at least one to two years with a focus on major general abdominal cases. Transplant surgery are very long and intense surgery. You need a very refined and strong skill level as a tech to scrub something of that magnitude. Learning the cases associated with transplant alone is very challenging and combining that with building up a good scrub foundation would be very difficult. Anyways good luck and I hope everything works out. I still have a passion for transplant and had the opportunity to work with some of the best surgeons I have ever worked for thus far. If you get the opportunity to be on a team I am sure you will enjoy it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ConcordeTech in Jacksonville, Florida

89 months ago

Thanks so much :0)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cynthia

88 months ago

i am a surgical tech an was wondering , are there any companies needing st for traveling to do organ or eye removal and getting this organ to the airport in a timely manner, i hear that there are these kind of jobs avail.thanks

IU in Allentown, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

cynthia said: i am a surgical tech an was wondering , are there any companies needing st for traveling to do organ or eye removal and getting this organ to the airport in a timely manner, i hear that there are these kind of jobs avail.thanks

They are. But you need to obtain Certification in these areas. Also, strong surgical scrub expererince in these areas. Gift of Life need technicans, again, you will need experience in Organ transplant. Certain Eye Banks need, Tech as well. Again, you need certain certification in opthalmology. These companies mention, may hire...But be careful The time frame they give is a (1) one year.. Not enough time to obtain the requirments to be place as elilible to get.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MONIQUE in Baldwin, New York

19 months ago

Y NEW YORK BASED ORGAN TRANSPLANT SERVICES?

MONIQUE in Baldwin, New York

19 months ago

OOOOOPS DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY ORGAN TRANSPLANT SERVICES IN NY

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.