Surgical Tech Travel Agencies

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

michelle

49 months ago

I am interested in travel CST work. I have been working as a CST for almost three years. I have ENT/OTO, Oral Maxillofacial (OMFS), Plastics, SON, General Surg, Gyn, Uro, and a bit of Neuro experience. I have also done small sports cases. I have experience with Micro cases with head and neck and urology. I currently make $19.83 an hour at an outpatient surgery center. I do not want to go anywhere and make less than this. I also receive full benefits and they are great benefits. I have read plenty of horror stories from travel nurses to travel CST or travel PT's. I want a travel agency that is going to pay well and put me where I feel comfortable. So any advice in regards to top notch travel agencies would be greatly appreciated. Plus let me know where your favorite place was and why and I would really like to know which agency pays the best. Don't be shy about your information please. Thank you Michelle Johnson CST.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

James in San Antonio, Texas

42 months ago

michelle said: I am interested in travel CST work. I have been working as a CST for almost three years. I have ENT/OTO, Oral Maxillofacial (OMFS), Plastics, SON, General Surg, Gyn, Uro, and a bit of Neuro experience. I have also done small sports cases. I have experience with Micro cases with head and neck and urology. I currently make $19.83 an hour at an outpatient surgery center. I do not want to go anywhere and make less than this. I also receive full benefits and they are great benefits. I have read plenty of horror stories from travel nurses to travel CST or travel PT's. I want a travel agency that is going to pay well and put me where I feel comfortable. So any advice in regards to top notch travel agencies would be greatly appreciated. Plus let me know where your favorite place was and why and I would really like to know which agency pays the best. Don't be shy about your information please. Thank you Michelle Johnson CST.

Michelle, I was a travel tech for about 6 yrs until the economy tanked in 2009. I worked for two different agencies and both treated me well. First Assist Inc was the first and the other was TVL which was absorbed by another company. I really enjoyed by assignment at the Univ Michigan in Ann Arbor, it is a large teaching and research hospital so you will get to see and stuff there that doesn't happen anywhere else. Additionally I worked at a small community hospital in Punta Gorda, Fl. Great, small family atmosphere and beautiful coastal scenery. The last place is a shocker, St Francis Hospital in Wichita, Ks. I was treated great at this hospital by all staff and was made to feel like a member of the staff. Surprisingly a lot of stuff to do there too. Hope all this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.