Surgical Techs in NYC

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

new yorker in Brooklyn, New York

61 months ago

I read through this forum and there aren't many people from the nyc on here. I have a few questions what school did you go to? Was it easy getting a job out of school?

Is there a demand for surgical techs in new york city? I searched hospitals online if jobs are available but I didn't seem to find any.

Any other things that someone interested in becoming a surgical tech in nyc or anywhere should know about?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

newyorker in Brooklyn, New York

61 months ago

Is there really no surgical techs from New York City here? I've seen a bunch from NJ but that's not really helpful to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

wwwangel28 in New York, New York

56 months ago

Well for me I'm a surgical tech student

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

wwwangel28 in New York, New York

56 months ago

I'm currently a surgical tech student, the school I'm attending is Mandl College of Allied Health. My school offers job placement & externship, it is also accredited. As far as getting a job, I'm not there yet, I haven't graduated, but there are jobs out there for surg techs, you probably don't see many postings because some people get hired on externship...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

1 in Glen Cove, New York

55 months ago

wwwangel28 in New York, New York said: I'm currently a surgical tech student, the school I'm attending is Mandl College of Allied Health. My school offers job placement & externship, it is also accredited. As far as getting a job, I'm not there yet, I haven't graduated, but there are jobs out there for surg techs, you probably don't see many postings because some people get hired on externship...

you need to check with the association of surgical technology because your school is not an accredited surgical program and that means you will not be able to get certified by ast the only one that counts

wwwangel29 in Bronx, New York

55 months ago

1 in Glen Cove, New York said: you need to check with the association of surgical technology because your school is not an accredited surgical program and that means you will not be able to get certified by ast the only one that counts

Hi.. my school is accredited by ABHES, there are many people that have graduated and have taken the CST exam, we can actually take the test in our school... our program is not CAHEP approved but it is ABHES approved.... check the ABHES website and you'll see it....

lovly212

54 months ago

new yorker in Brooklyn, New York said: I read through this forum and there aren't many people from the nyc on here. I have a few questions what school did you go to? Was it easy getting a job out of school?

Is there a demand for surgical techs in new york city? I searched hospitals online if jobs are available but I didn't seem to find any.

Any other things that someone interested in becoming a surgical tech in nyc or anywhere should know about?

hi i was working in ny for one 2007 to2008 then move to pa but i am moving back soon i jsut got a job will be starting on the 04/26/10 so can get a job just keep looking good luck

fedup tech in Brooklyn, New York

52 months ago

Congrats loly212 :) I wish I were you :) I wish I had a year of experience because I have everything else. But I'm not going to give up on my dream. :)

greyhound in Westwood, New Jersey

43 months ago

new yorker in Brooklyn, New York said: I read through this forum and there aren't many people from the nyc on here. I have a few questions what school did you go to? Was it easy getting a job out of school?

New graduate and there are very few jobs available and the ones out there require experience or Bilingual preferred

shan in Atlanta, Georgia

41 months ago

Hi guys i currently live in ATL but will be moving back to NYC next year to start school at FIT. i wanted to know how long the surgical tech program is and how much does it cost and also what is the starting pay in NYC?

Johanna in Jackson Heights, New York

18 months ago

wwwangel28 in New York, New York said: I'm currently a surgical tech student, the school I'm attending is Mandl College of Allied Health . My school offers job placement & externship, it is also accredited. As far as getting a job, I'm not there yet, I haven't graduated, but there are jobs out there for surg techs, you probably don't see many postings because some people get hired on externship...

hi
I would like to know your opinion on Mandl. Did you like the program? did it prepare you enough for the certification and did you have trouble find employment? thanks

Mitchell in Springfield Gardens, New York

11 months ago

Hello, I have been a Surgical Tech for 11 years. I find it to be the most rewarding and equally frustrating thing that I have ever done. But I love it and wouldn't trade it for the world!!!

I was blessed to have taken a year and a half of Nursing courses before I started. I was trained on the Job at New York Eye and Ear Infirmary in NYC and then started doing contract/travel assignments which pay more and allow me to be in control of my time. Make sure that you obtain your national certification. That is a MUST!!!

I think that there are lots of jobs in NYC. Sometimes it seems so hard to get a foot in the door, though. I work through Supplemental Healthcare.

Study hard. Eat, sleep, live this profession and it will pay off for you in the end! I have been offered some part time teaching jobs lately. I would like to consult for TV or the movies if I can.

Is there a demand for surgical techs in new york city ? I searched hospitals online if jobs are available but I didn't seem to find any.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.