Tired of scrubbing

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Mike in Athens, Georgia

51 months ago

I have been doing this since 1997 and I don't think i know that I am burnt out of scrubbing. Is there anything else I can do with this education. Can I do organ removal or maybe some sort of police forensic work of some sort. I am just DONE. I should be thankful (and I am) by what I read in here though, sound like I got it good. I need help bad people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

addy3 in Irvine, California

50 months ago

Aside from being already well established in the field, I would suggest that you try traveling as a tech for higher pay and changes in scenery not to mention the logistical challenge it would bring. There's not much to improve upon experience wise unless you upgrade into full nurse, physician assistant or become a surgeon. Funny though, mortuary science just came into mind.., but I digress. Most people would envy you for you're at. Try to spice it a little. You don't want to become too complacent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

carmen in Tarrytown, New York

50 months ago

Mike in Athens, Georgia said: I have been doing this since 1997 and I don't think i know that I am burnt out of scrubbing. Is there anything else I can do with this education. Can I do organ removal or maybe some sort of police forensic work of some sort. I am just DONE. I should be thankful (and I am) by what I read in here though, sound like I got it good. I need help bad people.

i have been a cst/cfa for 27 years . my home hospital sucks no lunch no break. i took a job as a traveler .love it iam appriciated because they need help and on the weekend iam a tourist . but beware lots of shady travel companys out there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

carol

47 months ago

Mike in Athens, Georgia said: I have been doing this since 1997 and I don't think i know that I am burnt out of scrubbing. Is there anything else I can do with this education. Can I do organ removal or maybe some sort of police forensic work of some sort. I am just DONE. I should be thankful (and I am) by what I read in here though, sound like I got it good. I need help bad people.

I with the others I have been scrubbing and certified sinc 1983 and traveling makes it all worth it, it is like being on a dream vacation and a little work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Susie CST in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

46 months ago

My friend stopped scrubbing to be a sales rep for Stryker, makes probably about 3xs as much money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kale in Niceville, Florida

46 months ago

Susie CST in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: My friend stopped scrubbing to be a sales rep for Stryker, makes probably about 3xs as much money.

I have been scrubbing for roughly 8 years and have been trying to get a job with stryker Im tired of scrubbing. Its so hard to get your foot in the door as a medical sales rep.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

cece in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

29 months ago

ive been a st in oklahoma for little less than a year, im not certified yet and its not required in the state of OK but i plan on taking the exam again. the passing score on the cst exam is 119, i made a 118. with a little more studying im sure it wont be too much more difficult than the first time. anyway i worked in the main OR at a regional hospital in tulsa,ok and did not enjoy the high stress, shady co workers and impatient smart ass surgeons with thier unruly residents. after 6 months of working there, i couldnt take it, i immediately found a job 2 hours away in oklahoma city as a scrub in Labor and Delivery, the work enviroment is great for the most part. co workers are friendly and the stress is managable but i feel like i do more secretary and cna work more than a scrub. i dont think this job field is for me, what are some better job options for life after scrubbing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.